What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Angel in Scarlet
This topic is about Angel in Scarlet
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Historical Romance Book with Four Loves [s]

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (new) - added it

Kathryn (sscarllet) | 256 comments I think I read this book in high school, so 1995-1999. It was about a woman who had either 3 or 4 'main men' in her life. The book spans a really long time, starting when she is a teenager I guess.

In one part the main charicter works as an actress in a theater, becoming quite famous and has a fling with one of the men she works with. Another of her long time lovers, perhaps her husband, is very wealthy and she quits showbiz to be with him. He eventually dies and I believe she goes back to acting. There's a line in there about her going back to her beginnings or falling in love full circle or something similar.

I think the book is set in France, mainly Paris.

I found this book in my local library on the 3 for $0.25 table. Therefore I don't think that its by Danielle Steele.

Thanks in advance for your help!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35128 comments Mod
Here's a guess - Voice of the Heart by Barbara Taylor Bradford?

message 3: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee (austhokie) | 614 comments could maybe also be something by Virginia Henley - she tended to write romance novels that focused on entire life and multiple loves

message 4: by Kathryn (new) - added it

Kathryn (sscarllet) | 256 comments I don't think it was Voice of the Heart, it was just about one woman, however after reading that description my memory was jogged a bit and I think the time period was pre-TV era. However, I don't think that it was a terribly historically accurate type of book. Like maybe 17th century clothing descriptions but 18th century technology.

I don't think it was a Virginia Henley book. I just went through all of the descriptions of her books published in the 1990's and they don't seem to fit.

I really appreciate all of your help!

message 5: by Tess (last edited Feb 08, 2014 07:29AM) (new) - added it

Tess | 438 comments Heart's desires. I can;t remember much of this book, but maybe this one?
better link here : https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Nikki (chronically picky reader) I'm 99% certain that you're thinking of Angel in Scarlet by Jennifer Wilde.

message 7: by Kathryn (new) - added it

Kathryn (sscarllet) | 256 comments That's it! Thanks so much!

message 8: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Which one Kathryn--Tess's suggestion or Nikki's?

message 9: by Kathryn (new) - added it

Kathryn (sscarllet) | 256 comments It's angel in scarlet

message 10: by Tess (new) - added it

Tess | 438 comments hooray!

message 11: by Kathryn (new) - added it

Kathryn (sscarllet) | 256 comments Thanks so much for everyone's help. When I was younger I was really into bodice rippers, but as I got older I moved on and thought that I should only read 'serious' books. Whatever that means. Now I'm finding 15 years later that some of these books that I gave away are really sticking in my head. This is a lesson to never ever get rid of books!

message 12: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35128 comments Mod
I know what you mean. I started reading romance novels again after many years - probably after switching to an e-reader (yes, they still feel like a guilty pleasure). What I find interesting is how the themes and values have changed over the years.