Gone Girl Gone Girl discussion

Gone Girl: The Movie

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Emily The movie has already been cast.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2267998/
And let me just say... Tyler Perry as Tanner?!
The rest of the cast seems like they fit pretty well with their book description.
They are also saying the movie will have a different ending.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01...
The release date is October 3 of this year.

The Bookworm i like Ben Affleck as Nick

message 3: by Marcy (new) - added it

Marcy I'm really excited about this. Even with some of the casting that I think seems weird, I'm excited to see what they're able to do with the parts and see how it all falls together.

Emily @Marcy
I agree...I think Neil Patrick Harris as Desi is a very interesting choice that could be great! And Amy looks just as I had pictured her.

message 5: by Marcy (new) - added it

Marcy Emily wrote: "@Marcy
I agree...I think Neil Patrick Harris as Desi is a very interesting choice that could be great! And Amy looks just as I had pictured her."

Haha, NPH is actually top of my list of "interesting choices", but I think he's great and while I can't picture how he'll pull it off or play it out, I can't wait to see it. :)

Cheyenne Hmmm, I'm not a huge fan of Ben Affleck, but it wasn't like Nick was a likable character anyway, so no love lost there. Rosamund Pike; I have heard of her, but am not familiar with her work, so we'll see. I really only remember Amy, Nick, Go, and Andie in this book, so I may have to re-read this before it comes out to comment on the rest of the casting. However, from what I remember about Desi, I thought he was Latino or at least Latino looking... (or maybe I'm thinking of Desi Arnaz)

Rachel I'm SO excited about these, even though I actually like both of her other books better (and both of which are being made into movies). I run a blog with a friend where we JUST posted a poll about which Flynn book we're most excited to see on the big screen, if anyone is interested in voting, we'd love to have the data. Click here

Lindsay Can't wait to see it! I'm super happy with the casting, seems like some pretty good fits. So curious to see how they're going to do this movie!

Marijane Did you see that Flynn, who is writing the manuscript is re-writing the Third Act including the ending!

http://www.salon.com/2014/01/16/endin...

Rachel I read that, too! Can't wait to see what she does with it.

Marijane wrote: "Did you see that Flynn, who is writing the manuscript is re-writing the Third Act including the ending!

http://www.salon.com/2014/01/16/endin......"

Richard they have to re write the ending, although it fitted the book it isn't cinematic at all. my guess for the end is they kill each other somehow

Chris Stanley Not sure I could watch the film, when reading the book, I felt like lobbing it at the wall half the time. Engaging but not satisfying - truly horrid people

message 13: by Lois (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lois Wilson OMG. I must read the book again. I don't recall all these characters.

Candy Sparks I had to laugh out loud that Neil Patrick Harris will be Desi. I didn't see Desi like that. More like a Tom Hardy type of body and a head of Charlie Hunnam. Other than that the rest look like a good fit. I am excited to see how horrible the movie will be since the book is amazingly crazy.

Candy Sparks Chris wrote: "Not sure I could watch the film, when reading the book, I felt like lobbing it at the wall half the time. Engaging but not satisfying - truly horrid people"

I have to agree they were horrid people.

Annemarie Donahue I can see Tyler Perry as Tanner Bolt (Hubby Hawk) with no problem. I think he can play a jack-ass bullying attorney. Nice guys always make the best villains in film!

Stephanie Ramer I really like NPH for Desi, I just think that he will play the crazy, rich guy perfectly. However, I am not crazy about Ben Affleck being cast as Nick. I am sure everyone pictures the characters differently but when I pictured him, I thought he would look a little more rough around the edges but handsome. To me, Ben Affleck looks like a stand up guy, not the kind of person I would be suspicious of if he smiled. Rosamund Pike looks like a good fit to me, she is very much what I pictured when I pictured Amy.

Malgorzata Very excited about this one, I think the cast is perfect. Ben Affleck has the ulitmate douchebag face, so I think he'll be great as Nick.
Also, I have a thing for David Fincher. If anyone can make this dark, dense novel into a decent film, it's him. And I'm over the moon about the soundtrack being written by Trent Reznor. The OST to "The Social Network" is probably my favourite one ever.

message 19: by Marcy (new) - added it

Marcy Malgorzata wrote: "Very excited about this one, I think the cast is perfect. Ben Affleck has the ulitmate douchebag face, so I think he'll be great as Nick.
Also, I have a thing for David Fincher. If anyone can make..."

You have hit the nail on the head on why I was excited long before anyone was cast -- LOVE David Fincher's stuff, and that soundtrack specifically was fantastic. :)

Joyce Great to hear. Those casting choices sound perfect too!

Brooke I hated the book, but I will probably see the movie out of pure curiosity.

Johanna DeBiase Gone Girl: The Movie? Meh.
Will Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn make a good movie? We’ll find out come October 2014. Here’s my prediction.
https://medium.com/books-reviewed/67e...