Norwescon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Discussions > Attendance in 2009

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 4 comments Does anyone know what was the final count at the last convention? Was it the highest ever? Sure seemed to be big this year and hotel rooms were a hasle.

message 2: by Barry (new)

Barry Currey | 3 comments Mod
3115 Total Memberships for Norwescon 32
3024 Total Memberships for Norwescon 31

Not sure if it was the highest ever though.

-Barry

message 3: by Smarier (new)

Smarier | 2 comments The problem with membership counts is that they are not always counted the same way. While this count for 32 is larger than 31, it seemed there were more people at 31.

I wish Norwescon (and all cons for that matter) would come up with a standard way to report their numbers.

-S

Barry wrote: "3115 Total Memberships for Norwescon 32
3024 Total Memberships for Norwescon 31

Not sure if it was the highest ever though.

-Barry"

message 4: by Barry (new)

Of course this also doesn't account for people ghosting either.
-Barry
Smarier wrote: "The problem with membership counts is that they are not always counted the same way. While this count for 32 is larger than 31, it seemed there were more people at 31.

I wish Norwescon (and all c..."

message 5: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 4 comments From my perspective, it seemed getting a room was harder this year than before. I guess some pre-paid memberships actually may not show up as appose to actual attendance. Quinto across the street changed their policy and would not give a room unless you stayed all three nights. Otherwise they told me they were booked? Ended up at the Hilton. Nice place, but expensive and further away.

message 6: by Barry (new)

I would recommend booking your room early. You have the entire year to book. In fact you can even book your hotel room now for Norwescon 33.
http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/gr...

message 7: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 4 comments Good idea. I am going to Spocon at the end of the month. Suppose to have a 16 foot robot. I also wrote a story for their contest. Plan to enter a story with Norwescon 33's writing contest.

message 8: by A.D. (last edited Jul 20, 2009 07:32PM) (new)

A.D. | 4 comments I can't seem to find a way to download my essay for Norwescon. Does anyone know the appropriate e-mail address?
Thanks.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.