The Accelerator's discussion

Welcome

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bron (last edited Feb 07, 2014 02:46AM) (new)

Bron Watson | 1 comments Hi everyone and welcome,

Time to get started... please introduce yourself to the group and answer the following questions.

1. What is your all time favourite book for business?
2. What did you like about it the most?
3. What was the key learning you have used on your business?
4. Add the book to either read or reading bookshelf.

Let's get a list together of books you love and get reading!!

My name is Bron Watson, chief outlier at www.bronwatson.com, I am in the business of helping women in business, take their business to the next level by leveraging online program's and membership sites. Packaging you up as the expert you are.

I am currently reading 'The 4 hour work week' by Timothy Ferriss, my answers are below:

1. Loving the book, easy book to pick up and put down, especially good for busy people.
2. Easy chapters, layout fantastic and full of inspiration, information and worksheets to action immediately.
3. The mindset behind traditional thinking of work and Tim's suggestion on leveraging your time and getting more out of less. A slight tweak in your mindset is all it takes...very cool strategy.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Bron

message 2: by Lara (new)

Lara Jefferson | 1 comments 'The World is Flat' by Thomas Friedman.I read this book about 7 years ago.

The key theme of the book discussed globalization and the fact that the business world is an even playing field as a result of the internet. What I liked most was:
1. It really opened my mind to the possibilities associated with the internet.

2. Countries such as India, China and Brazil, have embraced the ability to offer services through the internet. You can outsource monotonous activities to them at an extremely cheap price to be able to leverage your business. It has also enabled those countries to compete on a global scale. I also related to this component, in that I come from a working class family, so why couldn't I develop a successful business around the internet that could free me from the 9-5 work for someone else. I think this has been in the back of my mind over the last 7 years.

3. Your client base has a very real potential to be global rather than local as a result of the internet. Now that knowledge is exciting, but for me, is also the source of my frustrations sometimes.

message 3: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Tucker (pamela_reads) | 1 comments Hello,

Pamela here, and I like a slow growing group because growing a business takes up a lot of time. Just to get started I am interested in writing marketing strategies for product.I am currently reading an old textbook, "Essentials of Marketing" 2001 by Lamb, Hair, and McDaniel my answers are below:

1. What is your all time favorite book for business?
2. What did you like about it the most?
3. What was the key learning you have used on your
business?
4. Add the book to either read or reading bookshelf.

1. I enjoy reading many self-help business positive books, this book is an easy book to pick up and put down, especially good for busy people and students.
2. Easy chapters, layout simple and delivers a slimmed down version of marketing principle, a healthy balance of information and warrants to action immediately.
3. Women learning this concept of business reacting like a student it gives a clear easy framework for its useful learning, synthesis, and reinforcement with real-life corporate examples.

Even though I am an I/O psychologist I believe this book will increase my understanding to the human behavior. The key is consumers in their psychological buying power.