Spiritual Science Fiction discussion

Epoch Awakening (Epoch, #1)
This topic is about Epoch Awakening
Hi Everyone! - I think my new book belongs here :)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeffrey (last edited Feb 07, 2014 12:48AM) (new) - added it

Jeffrey Panzer | 1 comments So... spiritual science fiction. Cool that I found this group on my first foray into the fora here at Goodreads. A newer group too.

I seem to tend, even in scifi not essentially in this vein, toward spiritual themes. Something about speculative fiction lends itself to this kind of exploration, relative to whatever context you may have going.

At any rate, I'm interested to engage with everyone here, and would like to offer my new novel, Epoch Awakening, for your consideration. The first three chapters are available here on Goodreads, and the whole thing can be found in paperback and Kindle at amazon.

It is the first book of the Epoch Trilogy:
Awakening (2013)
Redemption
The Final Reformation

Originally I had planned a single long volume in three parts, but in the face of contemporary publishing realities decided to split it up. This is the first. I would give the whole long pitch, etc, but you can find that and my "review" on the book page. Although I'm averse to spoilers, if anyone has any thematic or other questions I'll try my best to answer them.

Jeff

oh yeah: there is a giveaway listed on the book page as well, ending 03/27.
:)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group, Jeffrey. The best of science fiction, in my opinion of course, lends itself to spiritual forays or even more expansive travels.

message 3: by Kirsten (new) - added it

Kirsten Arcadio (kirstenarcadio) | 1 comments Hi Jeff
Is your book already out? I will go and hunt for it on Amazon. It sounds interesting!

I agree with William about the spiritual (and maybe philosophical) forays being evident in the best SF.

message 4: by Fiona (new)

Fiona Tarr (fionatarr) | 4 comments I love a philosophical discussion. Especially when matters of spirituality and faith are concerned.

message 5: by Fiona (new)

Fiona Tarr (fionatarr) | 4 comments Hi everyone,
I don't want to spam anyone, but as this is a small group, I wondered if I could ask everyone if my novel cover was lame or not? I have asked quite a lot of people and most have said it is good, but they may just be being polite. If my request is out of line, please just ignore me. Thanks.