Lush Library discussion

Movies > Book to film

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsty (last edited Feb 07, 2014 12:39AM) (new)

Kirsty (kirkel) | 1160 comments Mod
Which book adaptations have you enjoyed watching? Which have irritated you? Are there any you are looking forward to?

There seem to be increasingly more books adapted for the big screen and it is challenging adapting for such a visual medium. I love reading (duh!) and I love film (which was included when I studied fine art). I run enjoyed the adaptation of The great Gatsby, the help, the book thief and the most recent adaptation of Jane Ayre. I was disappointed by a few recent adaptations too. I would love to hear the group's thoughts on adaptations in general and specifically ??

message 2: by Breige (new)

Breige (breigeflynn) | 87 comments I can't think of any that I love in terms of thinking 'wow, this is so true to the book, I love that!'. I suppose I don't tend to go in expecting much if I'm watching an adaptation.

I do like Briget Jones' Diary, though it's been ages since I've read the book so I have no idea how true it is to the book. In general, I didn't mind the Harry Potter films, they did a good enough job but there were definitely cases where important things were left out or else changed. Though thinking of that right now, nothing jumps out at me, though I'm sure it would if I was watching it!

I'm sure other things will come to mind as I think about it