The Reading Challenge Group discussion

Personal Challenges - 2014 > Rose's 2014 challenge

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I am hoping to read 150 books over the year. Im going to post them here as it will motivate me to keep going!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

1. Spy Glass (Glass, #3) by Maria V. Snyder completed 1.1.14 *****
Another fantastuc book from one of my favourite authors. I love the imagination behind these books. I didn't ike the change of hero too much. But just love the writing

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

2 Lost Dogs And Lonely Hearts by Lucy Dillon 3.1.14 ***
I actually read this for the genre challenge, got my months mixed up!
This was a fairly enjoyable albeit predictable book. Easy to read chick lit. Perfect for the beach or a picnic read.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

3. Priestess of the White (Age of the Five, #1) by Trudi Canavan completed 3.1.14 ****
I picked this up after really enjoying the authors Black Magician trilogy. I wasnt disappointed although the characters didn't hold quite the same magic for me this time. I will be reading the sequel.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

4. Fall of Night (The Morganville Vampires, #14) by Rachel Caine completed 4.1.14 ****
Ive persevered with the Morganville books despite not particularly enjoying the few recent ones. The draug irritated me to say the least. This one seemed to be back on form and gave me back the characters I know and love. Could of done with a bit more of Shane. I have a little crush.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

5. Changeling (Order of Darkness, #1) by Philippa Gregory completed 5.1.14 ****
Chose thie one because I loved the authors adult wideacre trilogy.
Enjoyable book. Not quite thecsane level as her others. But I liked the story and look forward to reading the next one.

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 07, 2014 12:34AM) (new)

6. The Book of Summers by Emylia Hall completed 7.1.14 ***
Writing wasn't fantastic, the twist however is brilliantly thought out. Started off quite slow, but I'm glad I persevered.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

hey Lorah, yes its quite a quick easy one. enjoyable too.