What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Good romance books

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarbi (new)

Sarbi Hi, well I´m in the mood for some light Reading which usually includes the romance genre.
Does anybody have some good recomandations my personal favorites are historical, georgian etc types but if there is the occasional YA, paranormal I wouldn´t mind.
I´m not very picky but if it´s interesting from the start it´d be a lot better.
Thanks!

message 2: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2343 comments YA: Gift of gold by Beverly Butler (sequel of Light a single candle). Various books by Norma Klein. Taking the lead by Deborah Kent.

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 21 comments Here is a YA paranormal that I loved: Captured (The Captive, #1) by Erica Stevens Renegade (The Captive, #2) by Erica Stevens Refugee (The Captive, #3) by Erica Stevens Salvation (The Captive, #4) by Erica Stevens

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 614 comments What authors have you read/liked? So I can get more specific ;)

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Have you read Georgette Heyer?

message 7: by Bahar (new)

Bahar | 25 comments Have you read Amanda Quick's Arcane series. They have a fun mix of supernatural powers, romance and mystery.

message 9: by Pamela(AllHoney) (last edited Feb 08, 2014 05:49PM) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 103 comments Elizabeth Hoyt writes in the Georgian era.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

message 11: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (cynnich) | 39 comments Sabrina Jeffries is a good historical romance author. Sabrina Jeffries I especially enjoyed the series the Hellions of Hallstead Hall which starts with The Truth About Lord Stoneville.

I also liked Candace Camp's series The Matchmaker's which starts with The Marriage Wager

message 12: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Schultz | 22 comments Laurel K Hamilton! the Anita Blake series is amazing as is the Meredith Gentry series

message 13: by puppitypup (last edited Feb 08, 2014 05:33PM) (new)

puppitypup | 53 comments The Other Guy's Bride. This one is fantastic. It's fun and full of adventure with an exotic locale.

Susan (the other Susan) (theothersusan) | 61 comments A one-off that seems to have been written to take advantage of Downton Abbey's popularity but is romantic and readable: The American Heiress

Susan (the other Susan) (theothersusan) | 61 comments puppitypup wrote: "The Other Guy's Bride. This one is fantastic!"
Agreed! I adore Connie Brockway's historical romances and The Other Guy's Bride is one of her best.

Susan (the other Susan) (theothersusan) | 61 comments Delightful and sensual historical romances by Christina Dodd, especially her "Governess Brides" series: Rules of Engagement (Governess Brides, #2) by Christina Dodd Some Enchanted Evening (Lost Princesses, #1) by Christina Dodd Rules of Attraction (Governess Brides, #3) by Christina Dodd That Scandalous Evening (Governess Brides, #.5) by Christina Dodd

message 17: by Sarbi (new)

Sarbi Thanks everybody for your suggestions!

message 18: by Sarbi (new)

Sarbi Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Elizabeth Hoyt writes in the Georgian era."

I love her books, she was the autor who converted me to the romance genre. Have you read the soldiers series?

message 19: by Sarbi (new)

Sarbi Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Have you read Georgette Heyer?"

I started to one time, Beauvallet I believe but I´m not sure. But it didn´t hold my attention much, which would you recommend?

Susan (the other Susan) (theothersusan) | 61 comments Lisa Kleypas seems to appeal to a wide audience of romance readers. I'm not crazy about her more recent contemporaries, but she's got a huge library of historical romances that range anywhere from dark to light-hearted and typically well written, not too angst-ridden. If you're into more explicit romance, Lisa Valdez' "Passion" is an 8 on the Richter Scale.

message 21: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
I have to admit--Beauvallet is not one of her better ones. But if you like Regency Romances--you owe the genre to Georgette. Personally I loved The Grand Sophy and The Toll-Gate But if you want to just dip your toes in and see if you like her style or not, try Pistols For Two which is a collection of short stories written by her.

message 22: by Sarbi (new)

Sarbi Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "I have to admit--Beauvallet is not one of her better ones. But if you like Regency Romances--you owe the genre to Georgette. Personally I loved The Grand Sophy and [bo..."

So it wasn´t just me,there was a real cute scene between them that I always remember for some reason but I´ll go ahead and read some of your suggestions.
There was also another book of hers can´t remember the title but it had something to do with a boy who was really a girl that was working for the male lead.

message 23: by Madison (new)

Madison (madison219) | 34 comments Lock and Key , The Truth About Forever , Along for the Ride and What Happened to Goodbye are great romance books all written by the same author ( Sarah Dessen). I find she writes really good romance books although those 4 are the only ones I've read, but I really like them! :)

message 24: by Michele (last edited Mar 17, 2014 07:59PM) (new)

Michele | 2425 comments Sarbi wrote: "Hi, well I´m in the mood for some light Reading which usually includes the romance genre.
Does anybody have some good recomandations my personal favorites are historical, georgian etc types but if ..."

My personal faves for historical romance are Wings of the Falcon, Salem's Daughter, and pretty much anything by Victoria Holt. And of course Pride and Prejudice, the ultimate regency romance :)

If you're willing to go for longer books with a sort of epic sweep, try Forever Amber or Through a Glass Darkly (doorstops, but fun!).

message 25: by Mrsbooks (last edited Mar 18, 2014 04:13AM) (new)

Mrsbooks | 252 comments If I were asked what were my absolute favorite romance novels it would be these three. In this order.

1. Diana Gabaldon - Outlander (There is a whole series of books here)

2. Judith McNaught - A Kingdom of Dreams

3. Marsha Canham - The Pride of Lions (This is a 2 part book)

There are a few other authors mentioned and a few specific books I enjoyed.

I liked Wicked Intentions by Elizabeth Hoyt(The Maiden Lane series)

Books by Julie Garwood and many other books written by my #2 recommended book authoress Judith McNaught

message 26: by Kris (last edited Mar 18, 2014 03:08PM) (new)

Kris | 35167 comments Mod
Courtney Milan
Tessa Dare - Romancing the Duke is an interesting twist on a fairy tale
Karen Marie Moning - highlander/paranormal

message 27: by bb. (new)

bb. (magnumopus) | 92 comments Always to Remember by Lorraine Heath Sweet Lullaby by Lorraine Heath Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Sorry if it's only a few. I guess I need to find more warm and light-hearted romance novels.