My World of 1x1s discussion

Historical Fiction > -~Lizzie and Tessa~-

Comments Showing 1-50 of 221 (221 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 2: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments 3. Vaan Leonhart

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments Amelia stepped into the back of the pub, taking a moment to breathe. It was nearly the end of her shift and she was beginning to get irritable, but it would still be another hour before she could leave. "Hey, Ami, we need you out here again." A girl with dark brown hair pulled back into a bun said as she poked her head through the door. "I know Ell, just give me a minute." Tucking a piece of hair behind her ear she went back out into the main room, a large, noisy place filled with half drunk idiots. She didn't like it very much, but she was good and so it paid enough to fund the secret project she was working on. Ell handed her a tray and pointed to a table in the corner, and she made her way over, stepping over someone lying face down on the ground halfway there. Without a word she balanced the tray on one hand and nearly slammed three drinks down in the middle of the group, briefly making eye contact with a blondish boy she hadn't seen around before turning on her heel and returning to the counter.

message 4: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments Vaan grinned at the barmaid with the fluffy mop of golden hair, her glare even as she violently set an ale down in front of him, he smiled at her before the two older men he was playing cards with brought him back to reality. He had been winning all night, and now with the cards in his hand he would lose it all. Just as he was about to figure out how to distract the men, who were at least twice his size, an even bigger man waltzed into the pub "I've finally done it my boys, I'll be building the first ship that can fly soon!" he took out a roll of parchment and spread it across the counter. Before anything more was said Vaan was up and across the room leaning over the counter.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments Ami slowed slightly as she heard the newcomer talk, glancing at him from the corner of her eye. "Impossible..." She said under her breath. He must have been lying, or just stupid, but she kept listening anyway. Ignoring the couple of people who attempted to talk to her as she listened, she watched until the man pulled out some parchment. She felt like she recognized it, but couldn't be sure quite yet. Putting four drinks onto a tray she stepped back out, walking past the table with the group of men and glancing down at the table. Written on the parchment she saw blueprints, the pages covered with drawings and notes- all hers. Seeing the stolen papers set her off, she dropped half of the tray and dumped it's contents on the floor before hitting the bragging man hard across the head. Before she could do much more damage Ell and another girl grabbed either of her arms, dragging her back. "No, stop! Let me go! Those are mine!" She screamed, though neither of them seemed to hear her.

message 6: by Tessa (last edited Feb 06, 2014 05:57PM) (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments Without thinking Vaan freed the girl from her fellow barmaids, he wanted to know how the scene would play itself out. He grinned as the man fell to the floor, his head cracking against the counter on his way down, the blueprints falling behind the counter as a fight ensued.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments The second Ami's arms were free she reached to the side and pulled her wrench from the air, slightly attempting to make it look like she had just hidden it. She stepped forward and kicked the man hard in the head as he tried to stand, pushing him down with her foot. Without hesitating she dropped down and began beating the man and would have continued until he was dead if she hadn't been grabbed around the middle and pulled away. "Put me down!" She yelled, dropping the blunt weapon twisting back and forth as she tried to push away the arms around her waist.

message 8: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments Vaan grinned and leaned against the counter as he watched a group of four beefy men subdue the barmaid, which was obviously somewhat of a challenge. As they dragged her out he back door Vaan quietly grabbed he parchment the man had dropped and rolled up, shoving it into one of his pouches quickly. He silently thanked the man who was lying on the floor half dead on the floor and slipped through the throngs of people And out the front door. He watched while he girl was shoved onto a cart and rolled away, assumable toward the small jail on he outskirts of town. He followed the rattling cart as the horses pulled it slowly to its destination.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments Ami didn't go down without quite a fight, people keeping far enough away to not be kicked by her flailing legs. When she was in the cart it took her a second to recover, as soon as she had she stood and launched herself against the door, though she wasn't strong enough and didn't weigh enough to make any difference. She screamed as it drove away, cursing the entire way. As soon as they were there she was quickly moved to the closest cell, though when they opened the doors she had already cooled off. She quietly studied every aspect of the building and room she was put in, if they had left her alone for even a few minutes she may be able to make a way out, likely using some sort of alchemy.

message 10: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments About an hour after the girl had been placed in the cell Vain was will waiting outside, the men seemed to actually believe she needed guarding. At that moment the three men who were in he building walked out chickling loudly about the feisty girl inside. As soon ad they hit turned he corner, most likely going back to the pub, Vaan scaled the building and peered through the holes in the old thatch roof, when he found the fluffy head of the blonde girl he grinned, he blasted a hole in the roof with Polaris and ripped at the edges of the hole with his hands. When the hole was big enough for him to jump through he poked his head into the cell "Hullo!" he said, his thick Scottish accent glaringly obvious.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments Ami waited quietly for them to leave, quickly standing the second they turned away. She stepped forward to see what she was dealing with, jumping and spinning around at the loud bang. It took her a moment to recognize the boy from before, the scruffy brownish one from the corner of the pub. "Who the hell are you?" She glared up at him.

message 12: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments "No one important, now grab my hand and I'll pull you out." Vaan laughed and put his arms down the hole too, luckily he had excellent balance. He gestured for her to come closer and let him pull her up.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments Ami hesitated for a moment, but hearing footsteps in the hallway she quickly stepped forward and held her hand up high enough for him to reach. She had no idea who this person was, but he was offering her a quick escape and she would take that.

message 14: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments "They'll look for you for a couple days then completely forgot most likely." Vaan said once he had pulled the girl onto the roof. "Oh and watch where you step, we wouldn't want you falling through." he grinned and turned to head to the roof of the next building.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments Without saying a word Ami walked along where the frame of the building was underneath the roof, stopping when she reached the edge. Putting one foot on the ledge she launched herself forward, landing on the next roof on her toes.

message 16: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments "Wow. . ." Vaan said quietly and smirked as he followed her. "Where are you headed?" he asked stepping in front of her.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments "Back, I have some unfinished business to take care of. Why does it matter to you?" Ami crossed her arms, raising an eyebrow at him. She had to get back to the pub to get her blueprints, she wasn't just going to leave them and start over.

message 18: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments "You'll get mauled if you go back there, did you leave something?" Vaan asked, a smile in the back of his voice. He knew she wanted to go back for the papers that the man had had, and now he had them, but he wouldn't let her know that yet.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments "I'll be fine, and yes, I did." Ami said, glaring as she stepped to the side to go around him.

message 20: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments "Are you sure you did?" Vaan asked, stepping in front of her again. He really hoped he was right in assuming that she was talking about the papers he had swiped from the pub.

message 21: by Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (last edited Feb 06, 2014 06:12PM) (new)

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments "Yes, I am." Ami said, starting to get impatient. "Now get out of my way." She was considering now just throwing him off the roof, someone would find him eventually and by then she would have her things back and be gone.

message 22: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments The paper in Vaan's pocket crinkled and he grinned "Really?" he asked again and took out the roll of parchment.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments Ami recognized it immediately and began to grab for it. "Oi, give it!" She said, wondering if she would have to go through the same as she did before to get them back.

message 24: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments "Come with me and I will, but right now we are out in the open just waiting for someone to realize that I just broke you out of jail." Vaan held the papers up and out of reach of the small girl. They needed to get back the inn where he was staying, they most likely wouldn't even be noticed there.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments Ami crossed her arms and huffed. He was right, she knew that it wouldn't be long before they noticed she was gone if they hadn't already, and it wasn't like they had gone very far in the past few minutes. "Fine." She mumbled, half hoping he didn't hear her.

message 26: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments "Great. Follow me." Vaan grinned, shoving the papers back into his pouch and jumping onto the next roof, about a mile toward the center of town he dropped down the side of a building and hopped through an open window, thank God his estimate was correct, it was definitely his room. He waited by the window for the girl, though he assumed she wouldn't need his help getting down.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments Ami followed from building to building without saying a word until they reached the inn and she stepped through the window. "My papers." She said, holding out her hand.

message 28: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments "Only if you promise to tell me what all that was about." Vaan said, taking the papers out of his pocket and flattening them out on the desk in the room. He looked over the sketches and notes and raised an eyebrow at the girl.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments "They're plans, blueprints." Ami said, stepping to the desk and pushing them back together in a pile. "Just something I've been working on."

message 30: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments "An airship eh?" Vaan laughed, the plan was never going to work "I've heard rumors of people trying to makes ships fly, but nothing as serious as these" he gestured to the prints and grinned.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments "That's most likely because most people are idiots." Ami said, tucking away the stack of parchment in a pouch mostly hidden in the folds of her skirt, stepping back towards the window.

message 32: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments "You can't leave yet, you probably will want to stay till morning, I can go get you your own room if you like." Vaan smiled nicely, he didn't want to have to break her out again. "Explain to me why you are so ahead of the rest, and how that jerk got his hands on your work." He sat on the windowsill, hopefully deterring her from leaving.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments "I've already lost my work once, I'm not about to again." Ami said, quickly raising her right foot to her hand, slipping a small blade out of the back of her boot. "Get out of the way."

message 34: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments "I'm not threatening to steal it, I'm just curious." Vaan said, his hand hovering over his gun holster lightly, he was calculating whether or not he could get Polaris up before she could slit his throat. "Besides, you don't have a ship to put it on, or a crew to fill the ship that you don't have."

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments Ami watched his hand out of the corner of her eye, kicking it away when she saw where it was. "Curiosity killed the cat." She said in a low voice, stepping slightly closer.

message 36: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments "Lucky I'm not a cat." Vaan said, his voice still light and positive sounding. He would make this girl trust him, no matter how long it took.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments "You seem to act like one. You're annoying, stupid, and can't seem to recognize when you need to move." Ami glared, raising the blade slightly.

message 38: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments "You couldn't hurt this face." Vaan looked at her with a wide smile. He knew he should probably let her go, of course maybe if he did and then he went after her she would realize he wasn't going to try and steal them.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments "Do you really want to test that theory of yours?" Ami raised an eyebrow at him, beginning to wonder just how much more stupid he was than she first thought.

message 40: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments "Not particularly, so let's just sit down like normal people and talk." Vaan grinned, ironically enough like a cat.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments "I've already told you to move once." Ami said, her mind still set on leaving. "I don't think either of us want me to say it again."

message 42: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments "I'm trying to get you to trust me." Vaan said, his voice calm and eve. "I'm not going to pull something like the guy you almost killed did, I'm just curious." he said the last word quietly, not quite a whisper but close. He knew the girl could easily kill him, and the fact that she hadn't yet was a sign in his favor.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments "Yeah, I can see that." Ami sighed, looking down slightly but not moving the blade. "If I tell you will you move out of the way?" She asked, sounding fairly irritated.

message 44: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments "Probably not." Vaan said, his expression flipping back to his giddy smirk. "I'm trying to make sure you don't get arrested again within the hour."

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments "I know how to lay low." Ami said, looking back up at him with a glare that was just as deadly if not more than her knife. "Say that you will let me leave and I'll explain."

message 46: by Tessa (last edited Feb 06, 2014 06:38PM) (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments "Fine I'll let you leave. After you explain." Vaan smiled and rubbed his hands together excitedly. Just because he would let her leave doesn't mean he wouldn't follow her, and make sure she didn't get caught again.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments Ami huffed, lowering her arm. "Main reason nobody's ever been able to come anywhere close to something like this, is because they've never thought of using magic."

message 48: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments "Because it's illegal in most countries, of course that doesn't keep them from doing other illegal things. . ." Vaan chuckled, then looked at the girl expectantly.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments "Do you have any idea what sort of things were invented almost completely through alchemy?" Ami looked at him, then shook her head. "Either way, it doesn't matter. Now get out of the way."

message 50: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments "This was actually." Vaan gestured to the gun holster, though he kept his hand away from it so she wouldn't kick him again. "It's elementally aligned" He shrugged and crossed his arms, still not moving away from the window.

« previous 1 3 4 5