BookExpo America discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
BEA Archives > CLOSED: Author Breakfasts

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah McBride (ideally_hannah) | 620 comments Mod
One of the big draws of BEA are the author breakfasts each morning and they announced the MC's for this year:

Thursday (Adult): Neil Patrick Harris
Friday (Young Adult): Jason Segel
Saturday (Adult): Alan Cumming

http://www.bookexpoamerica.com/Show-I...

message 2: by Taschima (new)

Taschima | 143 comments JASON SEGEL!!!NEIL PATRICK HARRIS!!!

OH LORD, I NEED LIKE $200...

message 3: by Aisha (new)

Aisha Oaktree (aishao) Frack now the whole world knows I must buy my tickets now before they go.

message 4: by Lexie (new)

Lexie (poisonedrationality) | 657 comments Mod
For the record Tasch, Tegs and I are officially going to the NPH one. Also Lena Durham was added to Alan Cumming's breakfast.

message 5: by Taschima (new)

Taschima | 143 comments Lexie wrote: "For the record Tasch, Tegs and I are officially going to the NPH one. Also Lena Durham was added to Alan Cumming's breakfast."

God DAMN! I love her too! What is it with this year?

message 6: by Lexie (new)

Ta§chima wrote: God DAMN! I love her too! What is it with this year?"

Honestly aside from the fact so many stars are putting out books, it looks like Rosato is making good on his promise that they are going to push for bigger names with more consumer appeal.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (deckfullojokers) | 34 comments I would go to BEA for Lena alone. Damn you bank account!! :P

message 8: by Lexie (new)

Michelle wrote: "I would go to BEA for Lena alone. Damn you bank account!! :P"

well the good news is that its only $30 if you just want to sit in and then meet/get her book. Not bad considering...

message 9: by Aisha (new)

Aisha Oaktree (aishao) So I won't be going to the Cummings one because of Dunham, I'm not a fan and I won't be supporting her but the other two I'm going to,

message 10: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1 comments I attended the one by Kirstie Alley a few years ago and was disappointed. She did a great job, but as the event closed, they literally pulled all of the authors and MC off the stage - so no chance to talk, meet or even get a an autograph. Was disappointed.

message 11: by Aisha (new)

Aisha Oaktree (aishao) You think they will throw me out of the breakfast if I stand up and tell the witches to relax??? take off my shoes??? I'm dying now that I know Anjelica is going to be there, or maybe I should show up as Morticia decisions decisions.

message 12: by Aisha (new)

Aisha Oaktree (aishao) Tina wrote: "I attended the one by Kirstie Alley a few years ago and was disappointed. She did a great job, but as the event closed, they literally pulled all of the authors and MC off the stage - so no chance..." They did the same thing with John green Lois Lowry and Chris colder john was not a happy camper to be pulled away. I think it's stupid I personally think the books should be signed for the breakfasts then allow the authors out the breakfast people won't have to get in line and they won't have such craziness.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.