Coffee & Books discussion

Discussion Archives > February 2014: The Husband's Secret

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (new)

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) | 2950 comments Mod
Discussion starts here!

message 2: by Kristie (last edited Feb 18, 2014 04:26PM) (new)

Kristie Just curious where everyone is with this one. Are you planning to read it? Have you started yet? Have you figured out what the husband's secret is yet? If you've already finished, what did you think of the book?

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hrhrach) | 82 comments I read it last month. I'm so disorganized. So I'm trolling thu trying to find what all I should be posting in. I really liked this book. Ready to talk about it whenever and now I'll get notified of comments ;)

message 4: by Zita (new)

Zita | 36 comments Hey, just finished this ! Thoughts anyone? Over all I really enjoyed it only started it a few days ago a tore through it

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hrhrach) | 82 comments I also read it in like 2 days. I'll post later after some sleep. They just changed it from 90 min delay to no school today due to snow so I'm gonna read n hope for more sleep since I awoke at midnight or so n I've been up since. Hope others will chat too...I read it the month prior...jan..,first book I think of the new year so help me remember more!! Tho it was pretty unforgettable. Zita will u start us out having JUST read it? How many stars say you? Major thoughts?

message 6: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 10 comments I couldn't put down the book, I had a feeling what the secret was from early on and was just waiting for confirmation. I enjoyed the book a lot and would love to discuss it, however I read it a little over a month ago so if someone else would like to start that would be great!

message 7: by Kristie (new)

Kristie I haven't finished this one. I'm enjoying it, but haven't had much time for reading this month. I agree, I had an idea what the secret was. I also have some ideas as to where the rest of the storyline is going, but we'll see once I get to end.

What did you think of the characters? Was there anyone you could really relate to? Not relate to at all?

message 8: by Zita (new)

Zita | 36 comments I think it's closer to a 4 then a 3 for me. I did enjoy it and any book that I don't want to put down is also a winner for me. However it didn't evoke any great feeling in me. I found Cecilia and John-Paul not very relatable. (view spoiler) Tess was probably my favourite of the characters.
I also don't know how I felt about the epilogue?
What about everyone else? Ratings? Character relatablity?

message 9: by Kendall (new)

Kendall (kendall_lohrmann) I loved this book! Bajen (also in this group) recommended it to me and I could not put it down! I found myself setting my alarm even earlier in the mornings so I could read before work! I also had figured out the secret early on but still loved every page!

I would recommend this book to any one!!

message 10: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 10 comments I couldn't really relate to any of the characters. I did wonder on more than one occasion what significance Tess had to the story. In my opinion the story could have been told without. She was more a filler character than anything else, not really essential to the story.

Thoughts about that?

message 11: by Zita (new)

Zita | 36 comments Stacy wrote: "I couldn't really relate to any of the characters. I did wonder on more than one occasion what significance Tess had to the story. In my opinion the story could have been told without. She was more..."

Yea I guess she was a bit off a filler, to break up the Cecilia and John-Paul bits. I did enjoy her chapters though.

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hrhrach) | 82 comments Am I the only one who didn't figure out the secret???? I was never even close!