Literary Horror discussion

News > Videos

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Randolph (new)

Randolph (us227381) | 2 comments I put up a new (old) video of author Mark Valentine discussing book collecting.

message 2: by Randolph (new)

Randolph (us227381) | 2 comments I put up a video of this month's (February) author Reggie Oliver also talking about book collecting.

message 3: by Randolph (new)

Randolph (us227381) | 2 comments Put up a video of Quentin S. Crisp.

message 4: by Randolph (new)

Randolph (us227381) | 2 comments I put up a new video of Andrew Michael Hurley's new Tartarus Press novel The Loney

message 5: by Randolph (new)

Randolph (us227381) | 2 comments I put up a new video of the weekly Lovecraft eZine blab about the controversy surrounding the World Fantasy Award being a bust of the avowed racist H.P. Lovecraft. I personally think they should change it. If I was black and won it I would not accept it. It's like a Confederate flag. Lovecraft's racism was too blatant, not just a mention here and there. Anyone who has read The Horror at Red Hook knows this.

message 6: by Randolph (new)

Randolph (us227381) | 2 comments I put up five new videos from R.B. Russell about Robert Aickman: "Intrusions: Looking After Aickman" event held at the Printroom, Highgate, London, 28th June 2014. It is broken into five parts and can be found on this group's video pages.

message 7: by Canavan (new)

Canavan Randolph wrote (in part):

I put up a new video of the weekly Lovecraft eZine blab about the controversy surrounding the World Fantasy Award being a bust of the avowed racist H.P. Lovecraft. I personally think they should change it.

Lovecraft a racist? Yep. Did that mindset find expression in any of his work? Yeah. Do I think they ought to change the bust? On balance, I think not.

I remember reading a bit on this minor brouhaha 3 or 4 weeks ago. I was annoyed that one of the chief proponents of the change was some minor nobody whose primary purpose behind the campaign seemed to involve click-baiting folks to his blog site. But even considering the argument on its merits, most of the alternatives proposed have either already been co-opted by other awards bodies, are irrelevant to the purpose of the WFC, or have “issues” similar Lovecraft’s. Like him or not (and I’ll admit to not being a huge fan), it’s hard to deny his worldwide impact on the genre, popular culture, and even within scholarly circles. Just my $0.02; cum grano salis.

message 8: by Randolph (new)

Randolph (us227381) | 2 comments Added a trailer video for the new Robert Aickman documentary film.