Don't Say That discussion

32 views
Talk About It > Teen Pregnancy

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nephilim (new)

Nephilim | 187 comments Is it right or wrong? What should be done about it?


message 2: by Taylor (new)

Taylor From a religious perspective, I believe you should only have sex within wedlock. And then you should only get married if the man can support his wife and kids. Therefore, only make babies if you can handle it.


message 3: by Ember Skye (new)

Ember Skye | 112 comments If the man can support the wife and kids? What about if the woman can support the husband and kids?


message 4: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Sure. That's fine. I'm more a fan of patriarchal support, but if the lady has to work, whatevs.


message 5: by Kay [Angel] (new)

Kay [Angel] | 126 comments Jason wrote: "If the man can support the wife and kids? What about if the woman can support the husband and kids?"

Well... this is Teen Pregnancy so... it's usually not going to work out so good.


message 6: by Ember Skye (new)

Ember Skye | 112 comments I know, it just bugs me when people only think it's the mans job to support the family.


message 7: by Kay [Angel] (new)

Kay [Angel] | 126 comments Ohhhh that was your point. Nevermind! Me too.


message 8: by Ember Skye (new)

Ember Skye | 112 comments Hahaha, yeah :)


message 9: by Ayah (new)

Ayah (shadowkisss1958) yeah i believe in sex after marriage and all that stuff


message 10: by Khalif (new)

Khalif So long as they can take care of their kids, I don't see the problem.


message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay so do you guys think that condoms should be distributed in schools?


message 12: by Taylor (new)

Taylor No. That's totally encouraging people to go out and fuck.


message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with you. Last week my school was having that that debate and I was totally against it because it encourages people. It's like saying "oh yeah you can go have sex but make sure you wear a condom!" Like, no you shouldn't even be having sex in the first place and if you want to, then go out and buy your own damn condom. Schools are a place to learn and gain knowledge not to teach kids how to put on a frickin condom. And I know that if schools don't give students condoms, then it could lead to teen pregnancy but that would be their fault for having sex in the first place. Don't depend on a place where you're suppose to learn to get a condom, go to the pharmacy or something.


message 14: by Taylor (new)

Taylor This. ^

I'm also excited for the awkward question to pop up. "What's a condom?" XD


message 15: by Khalif (new)

Khalif You know, for some people, they don't think about using a condom until they actually see one. It's like how you don't think of tying your shoes until someone says "hey, your shoe's untied"


message 16: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Lol. I usually wait until they've fallen over to tell them. What does that say about my opinion of condoms?


message 17: by Khalif (new)

Khalif Youre the type of friend that'd let their friend get pregnant? XD


message 18: by Taylor (new)

Taylor I guess. Whoops. :P


message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL xD


message 20: by Ayah (new)

Ayah (shadowkisss1958) Avalon wrote: "I agree with you. Last week my school was having that that debate and I was totally against it because it encourages people. It's like saying "oh yeah you can go have sex but make sure you wear a c..."


i agreee


message 21: by Nephilim (new)

Nephilim | 187 comments Should parents kick the kids out if they get pregnant by accident?


message 22: by Khalif (new)

Khalif Depends on the situation


message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

First of all, I hate this whole "getting pregnant by accident." Why is it an accident in the first place? Because they got drunk and lost control of themselves? They are not even at the age to be getting drunk. If there's a valid reason as to why the freak they got pregnant then the parents should let them stay. If there isn't, then I seriously don't know. Kick them out and teach them a lesson is what I think but at the same time what would happen to the poor baby? It wasn't the baby's fault that they have an irresponsible mother. So, I don't know. I guess I'd say that the parents shouldn't kick the teen out for the sake of the baby. But seriously, the reason why most teens get pregnant is because they're freaking drunk. They aren't even at the age to be getting drunk so I would want to kick them out so bad. If they can't take care of themselves how will they take care of a child?


message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I know what I wrote sounds cruel, but seriously.


message 25: by Nephilim (new)

Nephilim | 187 comments I'm not disagreeing but what happened if the person was impregnated by force or with drugs.


message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Well that's what I meant when I wrote "if it's a valid reason." Being impregnated by force is a valid reason, and the teen should not be kicked out because that would be completely wrong. It wasn't their fault.


message 27: by Nephilim (new)

Nephilim | 187 comments But people still do that, why?


message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I guess that they're just angry about the fact that their child is pregnant. Even if it was an accident, they're still angry. Maybe because their child wasn't careful enough. But y'know, one is never too careful. Probably because their anger made them act on impulse, immediately kicking the child out. Even if it's an accident, the child still did something disgraceful and hurt the family name..?


message 29: by Kay [Angel] (new)

Kay [Angel] | 126 comments Avalon wrote: "First of all, I hate this whole "getting pregnant by accident." Why is it an accident in the first place? Because they got drunk and lost control of themselves? They are not even at the age to be g..."

But then you'd only be punishing the mom, not the dad. How's that fair?


message 30: by Taylor (new)

Taylor @Kay

Wellllll…if my daughter got pregnant, I have no jurisdiction over the father, so I can't do anything. Maybe beat the shit out of him.

But if my son got someone pregnant, I would insist that he take care of the girl and child.


message 31: by Kay [Angel] (new)

Kay [Angel] | 126 comments Okay, me too. But I'm talking about the kicking out your daughter if they were pregnant. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think many guys gets kicked out for getting a girl pregnant.


message 32: by Maddison (new)

Maddison (Brainyboots) | 11 comments Well maybe its time they should


message 33: by Maddison (new)

Maddison (Brainyboots) | 11 comments Why?


message 34: by [deleted user] (last edited May 07, 2014 08:23AM) (new)

No. It should not be happening! It is so wrong. You should only have sex if you are prepared for all the possible outcomes like disease and, kids. And you should not have sex on a whim!


message 35: by Kay [Angel] (new)

Kay [Angel] | 126 comments I think that... it happens. It will always happen. So instead of saying "NO STOP IT", you can try to prevent it, or something. Do Something useful.


message 36: by Kay [Angel] (new)

Kay [Angel] | 126 comments Rachel aka the wittiest person you'll ever meet wrote: "No. It should not be happening! It is so wrong. You should only have sex if you are prepared for all the possible outcomes like disease and, kids. And you should not have sex on a whim! Watch this ..."
But yeah, I'm not going to do it because I DON'T WANT BABIES


message 37: by Taylor (new)

Taylor I personally really want babies. But I'm going to wait for marriage because I cannot raise lil bbz on my own. :D


message 38: by Xdyj (last edited May 01, 2014 08:53PM) (new)

Xdyj I think teen pregnancy is a bad, but parents kicking their daughters out for getting pregnant is worse, because as adults and parents they should know better than treating their children in such a cruel and irresponsible way.


message 39: by Kay [Angel] (new)

Kay [Angel] | 126 comments Miss…Waitwhat? [Taylor] wrote: "I personally really want babies. But I'm going to wait for marriage because I cannot raise lil bbz on my own. :D"

XD exactly


message 40: by Kay [Angel] (new)

Kay [Angel] | 126 comments Xdyj wrote: "I think teen pregnancy is a bad, but parents kicking their daughters out for getting pregnant is worse, because as adults and parents they should know better than treating their children in such a ..."

Yeeeeep. Obviously by the time they're pregnant with a baby they know their mistake, and it's punishment enough. They should be supportive, even if they are really disappointed.


back to top