Clean Reads discussion

Is It Clean? > Winter's Tale

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Coralknitz (new)

Coralknitz | 8 comments Does anyone know if this book is clean?

message 2: by Juliann (new)

Juliann Whicker | 20 comments I've heard about this book.

message 3: by Kim (new)

Kim | 18 comments Yeah I have heard of this book too. It is one of the 23 books this year being turned into a movie that will play in theaters 2014. I haven't read it so I can't be a help as well. Sorry, though the movie trailer looks fascinating.

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pjhwithrow) | 3 comments I am about a fourth of the way into it and I would consider a "clean read." It starts with very unsavory characters on the streets of New York and in the boys home run by priests.

message 5: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pjhwithrow) | 3 comments That was supposed to say NOT a clean read. Sorry!

message 6: by Coralknitz (new)

Coralknitz | 8 comments Thanks so much for the quick response, Pamela. I was debating on whether or not I wanted to purchase the audiobook from Audible and after reading the reviews, and looking at the length of the book (27 hrs & 45min), I decided against it, clean read or not. I may have been willing if it was clean and the narrator wasn't so uninspiring.

message 7: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pjhwithrow) | 3 comments You're welcome! I finally have a hint of the greatness of the book...at page 174. I hope the rest of the tale capitalizes on this after-life theme.