Ruins Q&A with Dan Wells discussion

Future Tour Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan (last edited Apr 01, 2014 12:27AM) (new)

Dan Wells | 42 comments Mod
I can only go so many places, and the world is huge, so despite several years of touring it's pretty much guaranteed that I haven't been to YOUR city yet. I want to correct this oversight, but I need your help: I need to know where my readers are (or the nearest biggish city), and I need to know which are the awesome bookstores I should be contacting to set up these events.

So: where are you? Where's your favorite bookstore? I'm willing to travel literally anywhere in the world, if you can show me there's an interest. Bummed I haven't been to [insert your city/country here]? This is your chance to fix that.

Edit: I decided to keep a running count of which cities are being suggested, and how frequently.

Multiple mentions:
Toronto - 5
Kansas City - 4
Columbus, OH - 3
Phoenix - 2
Minneapolis - 2
Calgary - 2
Detroit - 2

1 mention:
Scottsdale, AZ
Eerie, PA
Harrisville, UT (I'll be in SLC in March, close enough?)
Worcester, MA
St. George, UT
Chicago
Des Moines
Cheyenne
Philadelphia
Indianapolis
New York City
Oklahoma or Texas (that's an awfully big area)

message 2: by Karen’s Library (last edited Feb 06, 2014 01:03PM) (new)

Karen’s Library Scottsdale, AZ!!!!! (Or PHOENIX, if you must.) :)

My favorite is Barnes and Noble on 90th Street in Scottsdale. But I'd RUN (well, drive...) to any in the vicinity of the Valley of the Sun!!

message 3: by Sandy (last edited Feb 06, 2014 02:13PM) (new)

Sandy (srstuckless) | 5 comments Have you been to / near Toronto, Canada yet / recently? Any Chapters/Indigo location in the Greater Toronto Area would suffice! :)
I've been listening to you for a while on Writing Excuses and have read Partials and Fragments. I would love the opportunity to meet you in person.
Cheers.

message 4: by Liz (new)

Liz | 1 comments I live in Erie,PA and my favorite store is Barnes and Noble on Peach Street. It would be really awesome if you could come!

message 5: by Shon (last edited Feb 06, 2014 07:20PM) (new)

Shon | 1 comments I caught up with you at the Hastings in Harrisville, UT a few years back when Partials first came out. A repeat appearance would be good.

message 6: by Tina (new)

Tina Lewis | 9 comments Kansas City, Missouri. Barnes and Noble in the Zona Rosa shopping center would be great.

message 7: by Christina (new)

Christina (christinv85) | 1 comments Worcester Massachusetts :D

message 8: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (marissaonthemoon) | 1 comments Seconding the Phx, AZ area vote!

message 9: by Brandy (new)

Brandy Ackerley (foxywriter) | 3 comments Any Chapters in the Calgary, Alberta, Canada area would be awesome! The one at Sunridge is usually our "author invited" Chapters, so check that one! I would love to meet you in person!

message 10: by Niki Hawkes (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller St. George, Utah Barnes and Noble! We'd love to have you!

message 11: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) I'm in the middle of nowhere, rural Iowa. Not too far from Des Moines. But I would probably drive to Kansas City, Omaha, Minneapolis...and if you came to Chicago, I'd plan a weekend around it!!

In Des Moines the biggest and best bookstore is in Jordan Creek Mall, its a B&N.

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Toronto, Ontario!

message 13: by Mike (new)

Mike (kuhiopalms) | 1 comments Cheyenne, WY Barnes and Noble. Dawn might remember this place. :)

message 14: by Jason (new)

Jason Luu (jasonluu) | 2 comments Columbus, OH. The Book Loft in German Village.

message 15: by Sara (new)

Sara | 4 comments It would be great to see you in Detroit, MI or in the surrounding area. There's a number of Barnes and Nobles in the area, as well as Nicola's Books, an independent book store in Ann Arbor, MI.

message 16: by Patti (new)

Patti | 1 comments I second Minneapolis - not that I'll be there before August but I know a lot of people there who've read your books.

message 17: by David (new)

David Bird | 2 comments Little town called Orem is calling you back....can you hear it?

message 18: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Gross | 3 comments I would come to any bookstore in Philly or southern NJ.

message 19: by Teri (new)

Teri (fotoshark) | 9 comments I second the chapters/indigo store in downtown Toronto Canada!! It is the location most authors visit for book signings and visits etc.

meeting the man behind these brilliant books would be amazing!!!!

message 20: by Ashley (last edited Feb 10, 2014 07:30PM) (new)

Ashley Waldron | 2 comments How about Powell's Books in Portland, OR? If you haven't already been to the city of books, that is.

message 21: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenwesner) Forget NY and all those famous people. Come to Indianapolis and hang with Mike Mullin and John Green!

message 22: by Dan (new)

Powell's always sends speculative fiction to the Beaverton location, with the occasional exception for someone like George RR Martin; just their company policy. I've stopped in to sign stock in the downtown Portland location, but my events are always in Beaverton. It's only 30 minutes away, plus there's better parking :)

message 23: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) Jen wrote: "Forget NY and all those famous people. Come to Indianapolis and hang with Mike Mullin and John Green!"

And you of course ;)

message 24: by Eliyanna (new)

Eliyanna Kaiser | 3 comments Obviously, I want you to come to NYC. But I'll throw in a vote for Calgary only because it's my original hometown, and even though I wouldn't be able to make it, I have friends and family there who would be stoked.

message 25: by Pat (new)

Pat Byrnes | 2 comments Kansas City with Rainy Day Books or B&N on the Plaza

message 26: by Kaylie (new)

Kaylie (kaylie1234) | 1 comments Toronto, Canada! Any Indigo/Chapters bookstore, though I've seen the one downtown pop up here a few times and that one would be great :)

message 27: by Dan (new)

Surprised by the fan base in Toronto. It appears I've been ignoring you for TOO LONG.

message 28: by Teri (new)

Teri (fotoshark) | 9 comments Way Way too long! lol

message 29: by Eve (new)

Eve Kuusk (evekuusk) | 1 comments Yes, yes, yes, please come to Toronto!!

message 30: by Katt (new)

Katt | 2 comments Detroit area would love a visit from you!

message 31: by Kaci (new)

Kaci (kachill) | 5 comments Oklahoma or Texas.

Actually, I bet I could arrange to make Kansas City. :)

message 32: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Zane (mimizane) | 1 comments Columbus, OH please :) or participate in the Teen Book Festival in 2015 in Rochester, NY!

message 33: by Ammon (new)

Ammon (ammonanderson) | 1 comments YES! Columbus Ohio. Someplace in the midwest!