Ruins Q&A with Dan Wells discussion

The Ruins Book Tour!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan (last edited Feb 06, 2014 01:23PM) (new)

Dan Wells | 42 comments Mod
A lot of the questions in the other thread are about tour locations, so here's an easy reference for all of them. This tour will be somewhat limited, but I'm hitting some of my favorite bookstores. If one of them's in your area, please come say hello! I will officially diagnose you with RM, and the world will end.

March 17: Atlanta, Georgia
Books For Less - North Point
6:30 pm
(I think this is technically Alpharetta. This is a new location for me, but it's run by one of my favorite booksellers, and he always does a great job with events.)

March 19: San Diego, California
Mysterious Galaxy
7:00 pm
(My brother, fellow Harperteen author Robison Wells, is joining me for this one. This is a great store, and I tend to get people from as far as LA at these events, so if you're anywhere in southern California please drop by.)

March 21: San Francisco, California
Borderlands Books
(How much do I love this store? It's one of the best in the country. Rob's joining me for this one, too.)

March 22: Portland, Oregon
Powell's - Beaverton
2:00 pm
(Don't forget, this is the one in Beaverton, not the one downtown. It's also in the afternoon, not the evening, so don't miss it! This is a great store and tends to have a pretty big turnout with great Q&A. Rob will be with me at this one as well.)

March 25: Orem, Utah
Barnes & Noble
(This event will be a full blown author-palooza, brimming over with some of Utah's best SF, fantasy, and YA authors. I don't know the full guest list, but it's guaranteed to have plenty of awesome folks.)

March 26: Salt Lake City, Utah
Weller Book Works
(The final, triumphant event of the tour. Rob will be with me, the crowd will be huge, and much awesomeness will be had by all.)

message 2: by J.A. (new)

J.A. (jaclemens) | 1 comments Looking forward to seeing you at Weller Book Works! That's the same night Neil deGrasse Tyson will be speaking at the University of Utah.

message 3: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (srstuckless) | 5 comments Hoping you can bring the party to Toronto soon!

message 4: by Sam (new)

Sam Looking forward to the Atlanta stop. I've seen you each time you've come to town the last few years and am looking forward to this one as well.

message 5: by Niki Hawkes (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller Road trip!!!!! See you in Orem. :)

message 6: by Eliyanna (new)

Eliyanna Kaiser | 3 comments Hope you make it back to NYC soon!

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I agree with the Toronto comment! Would love it if you came to Ontario :)

message 8: by Kristine (new)

Kristine (kristinen) | 1 comments I wish I still lived in San Diego.

If you ever come to Australia, Adelaide probably wouldn't be your first stop, but I'd hope we'd make it onto the list of cities you visit. There's a lovely book store down town (Dymocks) that I know holds book signings. Alternately, the SA writer's centre would either hold or know where to hold an event.

I hope you enjoy your book tour!

message 9: by David (new)

David Bird | 2 comments Dan wrote: "A lot of the questions in the other thread are about tour locations, so here's an easy reference for all of them. This tour will be somewhat limited, but I'm hitting some of my favorite bookstores...."

Can't wait!

message 10: by Dan (new)

Dan Wells | 42 comments Mod
Because Eliyanna mentioned it:

I go to NYC a lot, and I love it, despite blowing several bits of it up in the Partials series :)

But actually doing a signing in NYC is all but impossible. You have to be incredibly famous or people simply don't come. Most bookstores won't even schedule you unless you're already a blockbuster. I used to think this was an exaggeration until I talked to some authors much more famous than I am, all of them mega-bestsellers, and across the board they said that even after they were huge they still couldn't get more than a handful of people to come to a NYC signing.

But! a handful of people is still awesome, so how about this: I hope to be at BEA in 2015 (no promises) and ideally some other quick trips here and there, so next time I'm in town I'll crowdsource an unofficial book event, probably just through goodreads and twitter, and we'll all meet in a restaurant or something and hang out.