Ampersand Book Club discussion

The Golem and the Jinni (The Golem and the Jinni, #1)
This topic is about The Golem and the Jinni
Book Discussions > Book 3 | The Golem and the Jinni | Fantasy + Historical Fiction

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (liinukka) | 185 comments Hey everyone! Our new selection for book club is Golem & Jinni by Helene Wecker. It sounds kind of fascinating ... I'm looking forward to reading it!

I'm still chipping away at Life After Life, but don't feel like you have to finish it. :)

Taryn (taryn_fry) | 169 comments I liked it! I don't have any deep thoughts on it, but it was enjoyable

Lisa (mlliu) | 167 comments So I thought the book was lovely. I also gave it four stars. What I liked most about the story was the portrayal of the friendship between the Golem and the Jinni. The story could have been maudlin. (view spoiler)

Angela (anreads) | 54 comments Phew, this one took me a while- but not because I didn't enjoy it. I actually ended up buying the copy I'd borrowed from work (yay bookstore perks!) because I'd become pretty attached to it. (view spoiler) My only complaint was that the ending felt a little rushed. It did tie all the loose ends up nicely, but it went by really quickly and I had some questions about the mechanics of what happened.