Read Scotland 2014 discussion

A bit of Craic (talk or banter!) > 40 Women in Scottish Crime Writing

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peggy (new)

Peggy (peggyherself) | 237 comments Check out this list for Women Scottish Crime Writers

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 29 comments Thank you for posting this list.
There are a few names on it I don't know yet. I guess I must buy some new books. And find the time to read them.

message 3: by C. (Never msg. Just comment! Email if private.) (last edited Feb 06, 2014 01:49PM) (new)

C.  (Never msg.  Just comment!  Email if private.) (riedel) I'd love a list of mystery, period. "Crime" doesn't = mystery, which is often forgotten. It's my least favourite type. Who needs bodies? {giggle} I *adore* mysteries of the true sense: codes to decipher, secrets to seek out, hidden places to discover. Throw a ghost in it and you have yourself a fan! Carolyn

message 4: by Peggy (new)

Peggy (peggyherself) | 237 comments Nicole wrote: "Thank you for posting this list.
There are a few names on it I don't know yet. I guess I must buy some new books. And find the time to read them."

That's the problem, Nicole, Time to read them!

message 5: by Peggy (new)

Peggy (peggyherself) | 237 comments C. wrote: "I'd love a list of mystery, period. "Crime" doesn't = mystery, which is often forgotten. It's my least favourite type. Who needs bodies? {giggle} I *adore* mysteries of the true sense: codes ..."

So true Carolyn and I do like mysteries the best too, but the Scots know how to write crime!

C.  (Never msg.  Just comment!  Email if private.) (riedel) I wonder how many paranormal Scots-writers there are. I have one compilation on my list and Robert Sutherland has spooky titles in his series. However I don't count those with debunked endings! If you entitle anything "haunting of" or "ghost of"; the content had better match the words! Oh how I loathe that ploy. Fiction has no excuse not to write it in. LOL! http://cmriedel.wordpress.com/2013/11...

message 7: by Linda (new)

Linda | 24 comments Thanks for that list Peggy, there are a few authors on there I haven't come across before. My wish list just keeps on growing!