Laini Taylor Official Fan Group discussion

1st book's most loved character

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Celia (new)

Celia | 11 comments Karou won with 91 votes, a lot more than the second (Zuze, with 51 votes)!!!

message 2: by Renata (new)

Renata | 2 comments I like Zuzana better.

message 3: by Celia (new)

Celia | 11 comments I actually voted for her, but well ... have you voted for her in the second book favorite character poll? Maybe Zuze can win.

message 4: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Mora-Summonte (madelinemora-summonte) I would have to say Karou is my favorite character in the first book. Haven't read the second yet, so that might change. :)

One of the things I love about DOSAB is the cast of characters - how they're all so wonderful and intriguing in their own rights.

message 5: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 16 comments I missed the poll, but I would have voted Brimstone.

message 6: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorloran) Brimstone was my favorite character. What he told and taught Karou is what makes her capable of fighting for peace, instead of just revenge.

message 7: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 16 comments Yes. Without Brimstone, this story wouldn't be. He loves Madrigal enough to make sure she, and her dream may one day live. His friendship and support, though secret, are his lifelong commitment. Every choice he makes is for her and her dream.

message 8: by Janika (new)

Janika (janthologie) Alexandra wrote: "Yes. Without Brimstone, this story wouldn't be. He loves Madrigal enough to make sure she, and her dream may one day live. His friendship and support, though secret, are his lifelong commitment. Ev..."

Yes! I could not agree more! :D

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather Sabian I am hoping we learn more about Brimstone in the third book. I would love some backstory.

message 10: by Beth (new)

Beth Williams | 8 comments I love Karou, and Zuze. Brimstone is a favourite as well!

All the characters are brilliantly written though, it's a tough choice

message 11: by N.R. (new)

N.R. Tomasheski (nrbt) | 4 comments Everyone! But if I had to pick, I have to go with Brimstone; even though so much of the detail we learn later, his warmth and evident love for Karou (despite his gruff exterior) really moved me.

message 12: by Susanne (new)

Susanne (heysus74) If friendship were a character, I would have voted for the relationship between Karou and Zuzana ... it brought them both to life.

message 13: by Celia (new)

Celia | 11 comments that's a cool idea! what's the best friend relationship? I could do a discussion for that!

message 14: by Taneka (new)

Taneka (ninatravis) Brimstone is my favorite from book 1. So wise and his statements are so comical... "no inessential penises". Too funny!

message 15: by Lois (new)

Lois | 4 comments AKIVA!
...or Brimstone!
I can't decide!