My World of 1x1s discussion

How To... > Bonjour!

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (last edited Jun 27, 2014 06:32AM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) Hi Everyone!

Hopefully this is pretty self-explanatory, but if not feel free to ask. Of course, like all of my groups, it will be slightly more organized than most other 1x1s, so if this isn't your cup of tea, no need to join!

If you've joined, take a moment to introduce yourselves. We'd love to get to know you. :)

I'm Sarah; I'm 20. I love reading, writing and all that jazz. I work fulltime for a logistics company, am completing my BA in Honors History and will be taking a year off to travel before I attempt my MA! Most importantly, I'm Canadian and proud of it!

message 2: by Woolfie (last edited Feb 06, 2014 08:05AM) (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) You know me as Woolfie, real name Ross, I'm 30 aka old, I love reading though I don't do it as much now thanks to rping and work and stuff. I have a masters in English Literature and work as a content editor/writer for a local company here in Malaysia that publishes comics. Anything else you wanna know, let me know y'know.

message 3: by Tessa (last edited May 24, 2015 02:07PM) (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 1539 comments Hey Sarah!

I'm Tessa, Yumiko or whatever since I have a multitude of really strange nicknames. I just turned nineteen and have been roleplaying since I was nine, though obviously I have come pretty dang far. I'm a preschool teacher working on my degree, I'd rather work with five year olds than adults, weird I know. I tend to be slightly ADD and if some of my posts don't make sense let me know and I will fix them, I am constantly thinking of one thing then changing halfway through and not erasing my first idea. I'm into Disney, anime, British telivision, more anime, movie musicals, let's add some more anime, roleplay(ob-vi-ous-ly), books, k-pop, j-pop, j-rock, vocaloid, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, playstation, Project Diva, graphic art, and bunches other stuff~

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) | 959 comments HULLO!!!!! My name should be obvious and I HATE WRITING INTRO POSTS so I'm not exactly sure why I'm typing here! >x<

message 5: by Luna ❤Thing 5❤ (last edited Feb 06, 2014 04:38PM) (new)

Luna ❤Thing 5❤ (moonflower3) Heya! I'm Caitlin obviously, Thing 5 or Moonflower depending on which you like better :P Uh lets see I'm (view spoiler) I live in England. I hope to be a novelist sometime. I love Rping but only in detail, I cannot abide anything less than a three liner, it kills me when I write a paragraph and someone gives me less than a sentence to work with, it's like getting blood out of a stone. I don't know how people can enjoy Rping with one liners (Sorry ranting XD). I love reading, mostly fiction and mostly fantasy because there are so many storyline possibilities. I think that's it for now. Anymore questions ask me, but don't expect an answer ;P.

message 6: by C (last edited Feb 08, 2014 05:03PM) (new)

C (beyondtheveil) | 2 comments Bellatrix here, proud Bostonian and Asian-American. I'm quite fond of aliases; in fact, I have approximately twenty all across the Internet. I am probably the youngest here, at fifteen, and I am bit reclusive, although, I can assure you that I have a life outside of Goodreads. I am an ardent fan of both Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, both of which I fell in love with in third grade. I personally have never done a 1x1 before, but I suppose it'll be a new experience. Anyhoo, I'm not particularly good at introductions, but there's mine, in a nutshell.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello guys! I'm Jess and I'm 15. But I've been on good reads for 3-4 years and I love have discriptibe role plays. I'm proud to be an American- and wouldn't want to be anything else. (view spoiler) I love the show sherlock, my favorite good is chocolate and my favorite book series is, of course, Harry Potter. :D

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma Bonjour! Je m'appelle Emma, et je suis.....And that is about as good as my french gets before it turns into some weird mix of french and english. Oh well. It's a work in progress. Anyways, I'm Emma and I suck at introductions... So I saw that this topic was titled with 'bonjour' and I just had to. Yeah. So, I like reading and writing and music (I really like music) and drama and movies and singing and....yeah. I'm also a major whovian, and I'm Canadian (I had to put that in here somewhere, eh?).

message 9: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 1753 comments Hiya, everyone! Some of you already know me, but if you haven't guessed, I'm Ji Mei. It's been a while since I had to do an intro, but I'll try to put me in a nutshell. I'm Asian-American, just turned nineteen, just started college, and thinking of majoring in genetics or creative writing (I know so different. I get that reaction a lot). I love to read, write, listen to music, veg out watching Netflix or anime, and even some sports. Well, I guess this is getting too long, but ask me if you want know more.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Hello! I'm so here, my friends! (Btws, I'm Sunshine and I'm fantastic. ;) [My apologies, everyone. My ego has taken a, um, dramatic and diva-like flair as of late. :/ It will disappear soon, I'm sure. And either way, I'm not particularly serious about the things I say. Yep.]) Peace y'all.

message 11: by Zac (new)

Zac | 163 comments Hello :) I'm Zac. I am an American citizen, but I prefer to connect with my British and German roots. I have been roleplaying for a few months but have had great instruction thanks to the wonderful people I have met here. I am 17 for two months more, and in my last year of high school. I will be going to college to study Archaeology and Egyptology. It's pointless to list my favourite books because I have so many. I am also a PC gamer, a fantasy roleplayer/dungeon master, a Youtuber, and a writer. Good day to you all! :)

message 12: by Kataury (new)

Kataury | 32 comments This is Kataury. I joined Goodreads in June of 2008 after much email spam from Sunshine and another friend. I have also experienced the many forms of roleplays great and small, wonderful and deplorable. I am an avid bibliophile and videogamer, and plan to make a career and life out of both. When it comes to writing I do best working with male characters. Female characters are really hard for me to work with... which is kind of ironic. But anyway, :P that's my story.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello! I'm Leabeth Romano, or Lea, or Learo. Take your pick, I don't mind. Anyway, my profile says I'm about 20, but in reality, I'm only 17 >.< Goodreads won't let me join some groups if I'm too young! Sorry Sarah… I love rping with you, though.
I joined last year and I am American with Mexican and a tad bit to Italian roots, so, yeah. I love reading, playing video games, watching shows and movies, going out, and rping! Oh, and Olive Garden! Any questions? xD

message 14: by Janelle (last edited Jul 04, 2014 04:11PM) (new)

Janelle  (jj_thompson) | 483 comments Hello I'm Janelle joined Goodreads In May 2012. My profile picture is of me in High School only. I'm 20 years old. I'm half Asian and half American. I love writing, reading, and roleplaying. I haven't done much writing with others so here I want to experience it. I have a disability of speaking. I stutter so most of the time I cannot speak that well. So mostly I text or email. That's pretty much it about me. I'm also on WattPad I'm just not that successful.. Any questions?

message 15: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) Bonjour, mon amie! I'm Drax, and I joined GR about March or something of last year. My profile picture is a sigil from my favorite anime, Code Geass, because I absolutely LOVE anime. I'm just about everything on this planet, but mainly African-American mixed with Caucasian. My skin is naturally tan! I love English! My dream is to become a professional novelist someday.

message 16: by Wenyo (new)

Wenyo Soun | 2 comments Hi Wenyo here! I just joined and hope that I can do lotsa Rp here and make friends.
I like reading and chocolate...

message 17: by Lupine Estill (new)

Lupine Estill (psychesp) | 42 comments Hello, everyone! I'm Lupine Estill. Friends call me Lu. Goodreads has been my gateway drug with writing and I hope I never stop. I spend most of my free time online helping Sarah with groups and such. Whatever scraps of time that are left over go into the pursuit of gaming, tarot, and other miscellaneous adventures. I can read braille, scramble codes, and "Witchfinder's Alchemist" symbol font. Dungeons and Dragons, anime, and African swordplay are a few additional guilty pleasures. Psyched to meet you all!

message 18: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey | 212 comments Hello everyone! I'm Lyndsey, 17.
I'm an aspiring writer, and poet; as well as a major fangirl, geek, and gamer. (All of which you can read on my blog: | My Blog |)
Thanks for the invite Sarah, I look forward to roleplaying with you guys!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Everyone! My name is Carle but most people call me Blue.
I love writing on my account on Wattpad! I usually love roleplaying and acting so much. Especialy Reading is my favorite at least!

message 20: by DragonDreamer (new)

DragonDreamer | 679 comments Hi! I'm DD, Dee, Dragon, or whatever suits your fancy
I haven't RPd in a while and I'm looking forward to starting up again. I have never done 1x1s so I'm excited to try :)
I recently read Fangirl and The Fault in Our Stars and absolutely loved both. I'm currently reading Game of Thrones (first book) though I have been watching the series and think its fantastic... um im not sure if yall want to know more about me but if so just say hi :)

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) Hello peeps, I'm an writer to be, and I use role playing as my tool to practice mindless, for the most part, writing and coming up with creative ideas. I have decided to make myself write long posts in an attempted to extent my vocabulary. That being said, I've role played other groups and is looking forward to seeing how I write with different individuals. I'm also using a phone, along with me actually spending a lot of time thinking about how my characters will react to whatever situation they are placed in, and so I may take my time. Enough of my chatter, hello to all again.

message 22: by Coal (new)

Coal Agnī | 202 comments Hello! My apologies for not introducing myself earlier.

My name is Coal Agni. I dedicate most of my time to my studies and my passions, most of which consist of the curious and questionable nature of quantum physics, and the rest being that pertaining to all sorts of writing. For me, role playing is a both a training exercise and one of the funnest ways to express yourself through writing. Typically, as I've learned, I'm quite terrible at role playing tough guys and anything that is borderline a-hole. It's been said multiple times that I'm a romanticist, satirical comedian, and a dweeb when it comes to any sort of writing, so I look forward to whatever comes my way here in the 1x1's

message 23: by dany (new)

dany (elothwen) Hello, my name is Lily, but if you prefer, you can call me Clover. I'm a non-native Coloradoan girl in a bunch of fandoms. I consider myself very intelligent and very sarcastic and want to be a scientist someday, and an author in my free time. I love history as much as I do science, and really, the only subject I don't really like is math. I'm pretty arrogant I guess and I speak the truth/my mind so I might seem rude, when really I'm just trying to help. Usually.

message 24: by Takeo (new)

Takeo Dai (takeodai) | 271 comments Hello everyone, my name is Takeo Dai. I'm no stranger to roleplay, I have been doing such for 7 years now. I haven't had the chance to RP in quite some time, so please excuse the fact that I may be a bit rusty. I like almost all types of roleplay, but I particularly like Fantasy and Romance. I know, kinda gay. But hey, it's what I'm good at. If there is anything I should have hit on, that I didn't, just PM me. I'm sure I can elaborate and fill you in further.

message 25: by Kass (new)

Kass Schwarz | 35 comments Hey there guys. My name is Lydia Black. I'm up for any genre roleplay, trying to hone my skills. I'm very nice and easy going. I love talking to people and love to roleplay. Hope to talk to yall soon.

message 26: by sage (new)

sage | 3 comments BONJOUR! There is not much to tell about, I like roleplays, but all the ones I'm usually in ... fade. I hope this one lasts a little bit longer.

Belle ~carry on my wayward son~ (BelleWinchester) | 2 comments Heyllo. Im Belle. Im not going to do a long introduction or anything. Just basically, I recently joined this group and wanna do a 1 on 1 :)

message 29: by Granger (new)

Granger Danger heellloo:) im granger:) i have so many things i love but to break it down reading writing and writing poetry theatre, stand up and film making. Love it! I guess thats why i am obsessed with rp its the whole story and the charries i love it:)

message 30: by georgiabread (new)

georgiabread | 83 comments Hi I'm Georgia, I'm from Australia and I can't wait to start rping :)

Eponine~ rain will make the flowers grow ~ Thenadier Hi friends! I'm Ary and I live in the US! I do musicals and stuff, so I can get busy sometimes. Im hoping to become a director and playwright in the near future.

message 33: by Berry (new)

Berry Starr (imachevyimpala) | 1 comments Hi! My name is Berry, I'm a Shelfari native that fell of the face of the earth for a while from the RPing world. I'm a bit rusty and I haven't been active on GR until now, so I look forward to getting back into a serious flow again. I'm only 17, but I've been RPing for years. I live in the US, and can't wait to get to know everyone! ^-^

message 34: by maisie (new)

maisie Hey guys I'm Maisie :) lovelovelove writing and i tend to write a bit too much at times but if ur up for detailed posts, hmu

Redridinghood6000 | 1 comments Hey, guys. Megan here. I usually roleplay anime and books, but I'm open to roleplaying TV shows.

message 37: by CallmeTony (new)

CallmeTony | 9 comments I'm Nicolai. You can call me Nic. Um there's not much to know about me really.