so you like YA?! discussion

Archives > bloodlines series, By: Richelle Mead, Starting: February 6th

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jasmin, Cookie Monster :) (new)

Jasmin (sakuchu) | 964 comments Mod
So how do you like Bloodlines so far? :) I'll continue reading starting today. (Chapter 6-10)

message 2: by ☆Joycedale☆ (last edited Feb 11, 2014 06:36AM) (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 1109 comments I just finished the golden lily last night, it gets really interesting

message 3: by Tia (new)

Tia (tia_jenkins) Ahh I love this series!!! Just don't try and claim Adrian and we'll be all good ;P he's so swoon worthy and all mine XD

message 4: by Jasmin, Cookie Monster :) (new)

I kind of have a hard time to get friends with Sydney's POV >.<
I just recently re-read VA and I miss Rose :( But everyone likes it (see comments above!lol) so I want to like it too..

message 5: by Jasmin, Cookie Monster :) (new)

Do you think Jill and Adrian share a bound? It's something I've been thinking about since the book started. The way Jill acted and the fact that she was attacked, maybe she died?

After reading Chapter 10 I'm actually pretty sure it has to be related to Adrian being a spirit user, but maybe it's just misleading.

About other stuff:
Sydney is a little bit like Hermione from Harry Potter lol. She is way too perfect! O.O I hope she might change a little bit during the book/series.. Maybe even do something about that stupid jerk Keith?

message 6: by Jasmin, Cookie Monster :) (new)

Yeah same here, I kind of don't like the book yet either.. So far it's just school life and nothing really happening.

But I have to admit I didn't like the first book in the VA series that much either. The action started in the second book, so I want to at least try to read the second book from Bloodlines. >.<

message 7: by Jasmin, Cookie Monster :) (new)

I don't know, is there?
All I ever hear from people is how gorgeous Adrian is lol

(view spoiler)

message 8: by Jasmin, Cookie Monster :) (new)

(view spoiler)

message 9: by Jasmin, Cookie Monster :) (new)

I bet they won't even consider ending up together and we had this discussion for nothing lol

message 10: by Jasmin, Cookie Monster :) (new)

Today I read Chapter 11-14 (didn't have enough time to read 15! :( )
(view spoiler)

Actually I'm starting to like Bloodlines now :). If I wouldn't have to write a math exam tomorrow, I'd never have stopped reading! LOL

message 11: by Jasmin, Cookie Monster :) (new)

Chapter 16
(view spoiler)

Chapter 17
(view spoiler)

Chapter 18
(view spoiler)

Chapter 19-20
(view spoiler)

Overall opinion
(view spoiler)

There are only 7 chapters left, so I'll probably finish reading tomorrow, but I'm not sure yet, if I want to keep reading Bloodlines. >.<
Actually I'll probably decide after reading the end lol.

message 12: by Jasmin, Cookie Monster :) (new)

How about we finish Uglies first (we go for the bonus points, when you finish a series) and then continue with Bloodlines? Bloodlines has only 2 books left, right?
So I'd suggest we read like half a book a day with Uglies series lol and then with Bloodlines probably too. (since we don't have that many days anymore)

I'm also working on finishing Beautiful Creatures, before the month ends.

Is the other team really active?

message 13: by Jasmin, Cookie Monster :) (new)

I got all as an ebook (since I already read Uglies, Pretties and started Specials), so I can simply read it in one go :)
Let's just try our best and have fun reading some nice series! :D (actually I'm quite happy that I'll finally finish uglies lol)

message 14: by Jasmin, Cookie Monster :) (new)

I finished Bloodlines today :)!
(view spoiler)

message 15: by Jasmin, Cookie Monster :) (new)

I'm not sure if I want to continue reading, so just go ahead >.< Right now I'm kind of struggling with Beautiful Creatures, since the books are soo long!

message 16: by Jasmin, Cookie Monster :) (new)

Feel free to update what you think here :D (maybe give some extra information, so I'll understand what's going on lol) Since I'm undecided if I want to continue or not, it may be helpful to see if you like it :)

message 17: by Jasmin, Cookie Monster :) (new)

(view spoiler)

message 18: by Jasmin, Cookie Monster :) (new)

You read it so fast! It has to be good! lol

message 19: by Jasmin, Cookie Monster :) (new)

Just as a side note:
I think spirit is weird anyway. In VA it was mentioned, that a spirit user without a bound has to become crazy and probably kill himself/herself.
So how is Lissa doing good even though she doesn't have the bound anymore? I know she was pretty unstable in VA, so I wouldn't want someone on the verge of becoming crazy as queen o.O . (Is there something mentioned about her?) And what about Sonya? She became Strigoi to escape Spirit, does she show any new signs?

And Adrian was kind of fine all the time, but now that he has a bound, he has to take pills? Just weird.

message 20: by Jasmin, Cookie Monster :) (new)

Don't worry I don't mind spoiler and they weren't that important.. xD

But it's weird that suddenly the bound is back again, even though is was clearly stated at the end of VA that the bound was gone O.O