YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Unteachable
This topic is about Unteachable
BUDDY READ: Adult Fiction > Unteachable by Leah Raeder, Starting Date: February 9th, 2014

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I met him at a carnival, of all corny places. The summer I turned eighteen, in that chaos of neon lights and cheap thrills, I met a man so sweet, so beautiful, he seemed to come from another world. We had one night: intense, scary, real. Then I ran, like I always do. Because I didn’t want to be abandoned again.

But I couldn’t run far enough.

I knew him as Evan that night. When I walked into his classroom, he became Mr. Wilke.

My teacher.

I don’t know if what we’re doing is wrong. The rules say one thing; my heart says screw the rules. I can’t let him lose his job. And I can’t lose him.

In the movies, this would have a happy ending. I grow up. I love, I lose, I learn. And I move on. But this is life, and there’s no script. You make it up as you go along.

And you don’t pray for a happy ending. You pray for it to never end.

Billie and I will read this book on February 9th. Everyone is welcome to join us.

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments I am IN! :D I've already started reading this but I am reading slow.. I'm sure you can catch up with me, R! :)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Thanks B, I still need finish 2 more books. Gosh...so many books so little time :D

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments Haha! No worries! I can wait ! :D

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Great, thanks B!

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments Your'e welcome R! And I love buddy reading with you! So, looking forward! :)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Me too! Hey, are you at coffee shop now? I'm going to go home. See you in an hour or two or when I can get an internet connection on my way home, hehehe

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments Yup! Okay R! Be safe on your way home! :)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments 13% OMG, I think you're right, B. This will definitely full of angsty and drama. And I don't know what I should call Maise, she seems kinda mess-up and a little bit crazy :D

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments Yes ! She is really something! Not our normal teenager for sure?!

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments And the things she did with a "stranger" ( for now!) was.... Was.. Omg!!

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I was surprise how easily she do that and I get the feeling like she's kinda numb herself when she talks about it. She does it with strangers and older men and she doesn't mind of it.

message 13: by Rachmi (last edited Feb 07, 2014 08:57AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rachmi  | 4945 comments 20% (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments 38% (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments 46% (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments 57% I really like Wesley, he's he normal character in his story

Rachmi  | 4945 comments 57% I really like Wesley, he's the normal character in his story

Rachmi  | 4945 comments 59% I think (view spoiler)

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments It's just sad that Maise did not see Wesley the way Wesley saw her. He adored Maise...no, he's a little obsessed over her.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I think most of the characters here are obsessed. Weasly is obsessed with Maise while Maise and Evan obsessed with each other.

71% (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Finished!

It was definitely one intense story. I think I'm going to give it 4 stars. Have to write my review first to decide it :)

What do you think?

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83082 comments Mod
What time is it where you are Rachmi? Is it not like really, really early?

Rachmi  | 4945 comments @Sarah, by the time I finished it, it was 3.30 am and I think I slept at 4.30 am, now is 10:55 am. The book definitely kept me awake! :D

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments It's definitely a 5 for me! Good morning , R! :)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Good morning B, just woke up here and suddenly remember that I still haven't yet finished my review.

I couldn't give it 5 stars, though. I can guess who Erik was imstantly when his name appeared and Evan's past from the first couple chapters. So it didn't surprise me at all and I was kind of hope the ending would be big, instead it was kind of cliche :D

What do you think?

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments I loved the ending R! Well, I like cliche, I guess?! Hehe. :p And well, I did not guess the Eric- Evan thing until it blows in my face! :)