Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

Recommendations > Books with Honesty, and Truth

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Briana (new)

Briana (nightowlbookreviews) | 1 comments I really get sick of reading books where the characters don't tell each other how they feel. Sometimes I'm sitting here yelling at the book, "OMG just say it!!!@!!!!!" It drives me NUTS! I just want to read a book or 2 where there is no game playing, people are just freaking honest to each other. Can anyone give me something like that? Please and thanks :D

(Oh and I don't really like love triangles, so let's avoid that as well.)

message 2: by Dana (new)

Dana (bookworm630) | 11 comments Ellen Hopkins' books.

message 3: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Brasher | 24 comments Briana, interesting plea. There ARE a lot of books where the two characters love each other, or have big secrets, and just don't tell, when it all would have been better with a little truth. Of course, then the plot would be really thin. :)

message 4: by Kay (new)

Kay Causer (kaycauser) | 15 comments Briana wrote: "I really get sick of reading books where the characters don't tell each other how they feel. Sometimes I'm sitting here yelling at the book, "OMG just say it!!!@!!!!!" It drives me NUTS! I just wan..."

I know it's shameless self promotion but that kind of thing irritates me too, especially when it's obvious to the reader. Maybe you can give my books a chance. I only have my characters keep secrets when its necessary and they certianly don't hide their feelings just for forced drama.
Hummingbird (Shadow Weavers, #1) by Kay Causer Nightingale (Shadow Weavers, #2) by Kay Causer