Authors Helping Authors discussion

Authors helping writers > Reviews Count

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rodney (last edited Feb 05, 2014 06:09PM) (new)

Rodney Carlson (rodneycarlson) | 6 comments The reviews you get on your new Indie book make a large difference in where you come up in a search. This equates to sales. Just like many of you, I am a new Indie author debuting his first book. My heart and soul went into this book. How is anyone else going to know it, if it never shows up in a search!
The theme of this group is authors helping authors. I want to do my part! Here is what I propose. The best person to write a review is another author. If you have done any research you know it’s best to plan out your free book days. If yours is coming up send a message to me via Goodreads. We can exchange emails and eBooks ahead of time. I will read your work and you can read mine. If I like your book I will purchase it on your free day and give it an honest review. A review that includes the parts I like and why someone else should be reading it. I’ll make sure I hit all the “like” buttons. Remember, I will only do this if I honestly like your book. If I don’t like your book I will send you constructive criticism to your email. I will let you know when I have a free book day and you can do the same for me, unless you have already sent out the constructive criticism.
My work is Science fiction, but I like all genres and love to read. Maybe we can help each other get into the search engine and get more reviews… to get into the search engine etc.

message 2: by Eden (new)

Eden Crowne | 30 comments Hey Rodney, sounds like an equitable arrangement. Hopefully other authors will join in and we can get a pool or five or more to participate.

message 3: by Alberta (new)

Alberta Ross (authorshow4506833alberta_ross) | 5 comments sounds good:)

message 4: by Jenni (new)

Jenni | 39 comments I am always happy to do a read for review book swap, but there are certain genres I do not like.
Instead of waiting for a free day you could always send a pdf or word doc. I have done some kindle gift swaps too, but you have to pay for this.
I will have a look at your books and see if I'd like to read them then get in contact so you can look at the sample pages of mine and we can go from there.
This method seems to be working for me.
DragonZ Eye This is a story for 8+

message 5: by Abby (new)

Abby Vandiver | 5 comments Jenni wrote: "I am always happy to do a read for review book swap, but there are certain genres I do not like.
Instead of waiting for a free day you could always send a pdf or word doc. I have done some kindle ..."

I'm willing to do a swap with you, if you read my genre of book. It is a cozy myster/suspense that mixes fact with fiction. Irrefutable Proof. Let me know. Thanks.

message 6: by Jenni (new)

Jenni | 39 comments Abby wrote: "Jenni wrote: "I am always happy to do a read for review book swap, but there are certain genres I do not like.
Instead of waiting for a free day you could always send a pdf or word doc. I have don..."

I have sent a message to you on author page

message 7: by Evergreen (new)

Evergreen Amundson (evergreenamundson) | 3 comments Hi Abby and Jenni, I have several books I could do a review swap with. I write fiction about women and animals. One is Free on Kindle (promotion ends today, so you'd have to download today) Spirit Rider. I can also do pdfs. I have a children's book (short, easy read) right now at .99 called Fairy Wings that just went up and needs reviews. Let me know if you are interested.

message 8: by Jenni (new)

Jenni | 39 comments Evergreen wrote: "Hi Abby and Jenni, I have several books I could do a review swap with. I write fiction about women and animals. One is Free on Kindle (promotion ends today, so you'd have to download today) Spirit..."

HI Evergreen I have downloaded Spirit Rider and will review it when I've read it, looked at the sample pages and am looking forward to it :)
If you'd like to look at the sample pages of DragonZ Eye on amazon and let me know if you'd like to read and review I can send it as a pdf.
Please send me Fairy Wings as a pdf too, the little girl in me is very eager to read it
jenni@juracottages.com