Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

Books with a Male Protagonist but no romance

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (last edited Feb 05, 2014 02:01PM) (new)

Jamie (jamieiichiang) I'm looking for some book recommendations that feature a male protagonist and has little to no romance at all. I've never been a huge sucker for romance and I hate to read a book only to find that the main character married his friend/lover/stranger whatever.

I'm currently reading Battle Royale which has minimal romance so similar (or completely different, up to you!) book recommendations that fit my criteria would be greatly appreciated. I've browsed other posts and have tried the books that were posted there so please don't refer me to those links :)

Thank you in advance!

message 2: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylawrites89) | 350 comments America by E.R. Frank Acceleration by Graham McNamee Holes (Holes, #1) by Louis Sachar Small Steps (Holes, #2) by Louis Sachar The Green Mile by Stephen King are some that I know of. America and Acceleration and Holes are very good. Hope this helps. :)

message 3: by Heidi (last edited Feb 05, 2014 04:05PM) (new)

message 4: by David (new)

David Vos | 3 comments This one is really good, and it has only a minimal amount of romance, and no love triangles!

Elementaro

as well as this series:

Gone HungerLiesPlagueFearLight

message 5: by S.K. (new)

S.K. Munt (wordwhisperer) | 9 comments I loved 'Then Again, maybe I won't' by Judy Blume :)