Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

The King (Black Dagger Brotherhood #12)
This topic is about The King
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived "Buddy Reads" > The King (Black Dagger Brotherhood #12) by J.R.Ward (Start Date: April 1 ,2014)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 199 (199 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited Feb 05, 2014 01:39PM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments

The King by J.R. Ward

J.R. Ward's # 1 New York Times bestselling Black Dagger Brotherhood continues as a royal bloodline is compromised by a grave threat to the throne.

Long live the King…

After turning his back on the throne for centuries, Wrath, son of Wrath, finally assumed his father’s mantle--with the help of his beloved mate. But the crown sets heavily on his head. As the war with the Lessening Society rages on, and the threat from the Band of Bastards truly hits home, he is forced to make choices that put everything--and everyone--at risk.

Beth Randall thought she knew what she was getting into when she mated the last pure blooded vampire on the planet: An easy ride was not it. But when she decides she wants a child, she’s unprepared for Wrath’s response--or the distance it creates between them.

The question is, will true love win out... or tortured legacy take over?

Please feel free to join us.

And as always expect Spoilers!

Elishia | 2620 comments I'm def In

message 3: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Me too !

message 4: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Feb 05, 2014 02:52PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments The cover on the right has a totally wrong guy on it! but the other one is bit better .
Do you like the covers?

message 5: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Yay! I'm so glad we're doing this again!

I like the cover on the left.

Elishia | 2620 comments My covers are the ones on the right. Your covers better but they should of had his hair out and long.

message 7: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Elishia wrote: "My covers are the ones on the right. Your covers better but they should of had his hair out and long."

At least it's long! the other one is short!

Elishia | 2620 comments I know half of my covers don't make sense at all

message 9: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Elishia wrote: "I know half of my covers don't make sense at all"

And it's so annoying!

Elishia | 2620 comments IKR

message 11: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I just pre-ordered it :D yyaayyyy

message 12: by Gea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gea (gea89) | 412 comments I'm in for this

message 13: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Gea wrote: "I'm in for this"

Great ,Gea ! The more the merrier ;)

message 14: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments 26 days to go

Elishia | 2620 comments You scared me, when I saw there was a comment I thought it was already out.I wonder if If can fit in a re read of the last one.

message 16: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I've been thinking about rereading too. Don't know if I can find the time

Elishia | 2620 comments Me either

message 18: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I KNOW I don't have the time for a reread LOL

message 19: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments lol I try to read a few bits here and there !
16 days to go!

Elishia | 2620 comments Susan (susayq ~) wrote: "I KNOW I don't have the time for a reread LOL"

Me either ( actually I have plenty of time on my hands but I still can't fit these in) I wanted to re read the last one and Dark Lover

Elishia | 2620 comments ShoSho wrote: "lol I try to read a few bits here and there !
16 days to go!"

I best hurry up and get caught up on my other books because i'm looking forward to reading with you guys its been ages.

message 22: by Gianna (new) - added it

Gianna | 41 comments I'm definitely in for this. Just over a week to go!

message 23: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I can't wait!

message 24: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments 8 days to go! And it's great, Gianna that you are joining us!

message 25: by Gigi, Moderator (new) - added it

Gigi | 833 comments I'm going to join, but I'll join late probably. Need to read Lover at Last.

message 26: by Gianna (new) - added it

Gianna | 41 comments Gigi wrote: "I'm going to join, but I'll join late probably. Need to read Lover at Last."

I'll have to wait until I get my copy in the mail. Unless I break down and buy the ebook version too.

message 27: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments At first I wasn't excited for this book,I'm getting more excited everyday!

message 28: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm planing (fingers crossed) to do a quick leaf through of Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11) by J.R. Ward tonight when I get home.

Elishia | 2620 comments I might have questions for you ☺

message 30: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Okay :)

message 31: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I read first 3 chapters , I didn't remember a lot of thing .I think I will read most of the book.

message 32: by Elishia (last edited Mar 26, 2014 02:35PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elishia | 2620 comments Damn think i'll try and fit it in then I've got almost a week the only things I remember involve Qhuinn, Blay and a bedroom ☺

message 33: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments LMAO! yes I remember a few bedroom scenes but that's it! I couldn't even remember the Lessers were called slayers too. Qhuinn mentioned slayers and I was think who are these slayers :P

Elishia | 2620 comments I knew i'd have to re read this one when i finished it because i've re read the others loads of times. I normally skip the Lesser parts when I re read because those bits are boring and now I don't really like the BOB parts either but I know those bits are relevant.

Elishia | 2620 comments I've started as well now think i'll try and spread it out.

message 36: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm skipping all Assail and Sola parts!

Elishia | 2620 comments Yes I forgot about them but I still didn't read them when I got to their part☺

message 38: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Just finished LAL, I wish the book was coming out tomorrow!

message 39: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I wish I had time to reread. I'm trying to get through what I'm reading now so I can get to this the day it comes out. And I've got Play (Stage Dive, #2) by Kylie Scott waiting on my Kindle as well. I know if I stop reading my current book I won't go back to it.

Elishia | 2620 comments I was up till 2 reading but not finished yet I'm getting excited though.

message 41: by Gigi, Moderator (last edited Mar 28, 2014 05:52PM) (new) - added it

Gigi | 833 comments Whoa...I'm reading LAL now. All I can say is...bedroom scenes...bedroom scenes..*Gigi fans herself*

Elishia | 2620 comments Haha Gigi i'm with you there.

message 43: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Gigi wrote: "Whoa...I'm reading LAL now. All I can say is...bedroom scenes...bedroom scenes..*Gigi fans herself*"

:)

message 44: by Gigi, Moderator (new) - added it

Gigi | 833 comments LOL

message 45: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Only 3 days to go!

Elishia | 2620 comments I still haven't ordered mine because the HB is coming out first now (think they're copying America)but if I start getting the HB this will be my 4th cover change and i'm so OCD about it it winds me up.
I have the first 6 in these covers Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward
The next 2 or 3 in this Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward then the rest in the same cover but massive

message 47: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I don't care about the cover, I just want the book!

Elishia | 2620 comments LOL

message 49: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Mar 29, 2014 02:34AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments What if book being released on April 1 is April fool's day trick?

Elishia | 2620 comments Shosho don't say that

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.