Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Beta Reader Needed! Short YA Epistolary

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alshia (new)

Alshia Moyez (Alshia_moyez) | 7 comments GENRE: Historical Fiction/YA/Adult/LGBT
STYLE: Epistolary novel(Written in journal,interview & letter format).

LENGTH: 50 pages or so.

PLOT: New York City, 1948. A coming of age story about a 12 year old girl who lives (full-time as a boy)with her jazz obsessed father & their dog. They travel to the south where the boy's father starts working on a book about their lives there and the people they meet.

CHARACTERS INCLUDE:
Jack Kerouac
Orson Welles
Allen Ginsberg
Charlie Parker
and more...

***It would be great to get some feedback on the "feeling" of the story, and whether or not the journal entries capture the "mood" of the period, if they feel sincere, if the characters feel authentic. In short, am I on the right track with this?

I am going to add a few more journal entries to "round off" what is missing in the story, so yes, THERE ARE PARTS MISSING, but the BULK of the work is done. I just need to know if the story feels AUTHENTIC at all.

Thank you for your consideration.

message 2: by Alshia (new)

Alshia Moyez (Alshia_moyez) | 7 comments bumped

message 3: by Alshia (new)

Alshia Moyez (Alshia_moyez) | 7 comments Wow, I see this place is pretty dead.

message 4: by sophia (new)

sophia | 2 comments I am intrested in reading this. I'd be more than happy too.

message 5: by Alshia (new)

Alshia Moyez (Alshia_moyez) | 7 comments sophia wrote: "I am intrested in reading this. I'd be more than happy too."

Hi there, Sophia! I have just seen your message here that was left on the 24th of February. Would you still be interested or have time to read the piece? Thank you for replying, btw Xd

message 6: by sophia (new)

sophia | 2 comments I would still be interested, indeed. Thank you. My email is sophiachic@hotmail.co.uk. Thanks

message 7: by Gail (new)

Gail Ofterdinger-Ledgister (musichick) | 2 comments Do you still need a bet reader? I would love to read your work. Any format is fine.
Gail Ofterdinger-Ledgister
gofterdinger@comcast.ner

message 8: by Alshia (new)

Alshia Moyez (Alshia_moyez) | 7 comments sophia wrote: "I would still be interested, indeed. Thank you. My email is sophiachic@hotmail.co.uk. Thanks"

You know what, Sophie, THANK YOU! Thank you for volunteering your precious time & energy like this. It means a LOT. However I've decided to pull The Jazz Standards back in because I've decided to alter several things. Please enjoy your upcoming summer. And thank you so much again for responding to this. PS: I haven't been back here in forever, so this response is mega-late :(((

message 9: by Alshia (new)

Alshia Moyez (Alshia_moyez) | 7 comments Gail wrote: "Do you still need a bet reader? I would love to read your work. Any format is fine.
Gail Ofterdinger-Ledgister
gofterdinger@comcast.ner"

Dear Gail, thank you so very kindly for your offer but I've pulled The Jazz Standards back in to tweak it (a LOT) more. I'm changing the complete design & the way the written book is delivered, if that makes sense. Just experimenting. Ha ha! Please enjoy your upcoming summer!

All the best to you,
Alshia!

message 10: by Alshia (last edited Apr 04, 2014 08:18AM) (new)

Alshia Moyez (Alshia_moyez) | 7 comments PLEASE LOOK AT THIS---> I don't need a Beta Reader at this time because of the magnitude of changes I've decided to make to this work. Thank you so much for checking out this page!

APRIL 4th 2014