Harry Potter discussion

596 views
Romoine fans are gonna hate this

Comments Showing 1-50 of 83 (83 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 108 comments According to https://twitter.com/thesundaytimes/st... and http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/02/sho...
Hermione should have been a Potter, not Weasley.

Anybody think that this isn't real and I'm getting to excited over nothing?


message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  Matthews (rachelwrites93) | 64 comments It's real I think.

And I'm gutted. :(


message 3: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (thevelvetreticule) | 3 comments Rachel Caroline wrote: "It's real I think.

And I'm gutted. :("


I, too, am absolutely heartbroken. :(


message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary (gryffindorbs) | 93 comments It's true! I didn't believe it, because I thought Rose was one of the coolest people ever from the little we know of her, and everyone was related the way J.K left it in the books.


message 5: by Barb (new)

Barb (bubasbookshelf) I believe that mrs. Rowling misses her being under spotlight. She was always the one to say thag Harry and Ginny were meant to be together since the beginning...


message 6: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Mcbride | 18 comments Did you read the full interview? It's not particularly negative, as she said, "They'll work out" or something along the lines of that. I'm glad she didn't write Harry x Hermione. That literary set up is used way too often.


message 7: by Sabreen (new)

Sabreen | 31 comments Luna wrote: "I believe that mrs. Rowling misses her being under spotlight. She was always the one to say thag Harry and Ginny were meant to be together since the beginning..."

Agreed.

The books are over. No matter what JKR says, it's not canon if she didn't write it in the original material. People can ship whoever they want to ship.


message 8: by Libby (new)

Libby (libbith220) Jade wrote: "i heard that she said in an interview she wrote the books with the intent of Hermione and Ron to end up together so the "underdog" would win something in the end, so that Ron would win something th..."

I completely agree with this, along with some other points. First of all, I think that Harry and Ginny were definitely meant for each other. I also think that it was important for Harry to be fully integrated into the Weasley family, something that wouldn't happen if he wasn't with Ginny. There also is how I perceive Harry and Hermione's relationship. They were like brother and sister, so the thought of them being a romantic couple kind of disturbs me.


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 57 comments This makes me angry. Ron/Hermione was a better decision, and her comments are unfair and attention seeking.


message 10: by Chowmein (new)

Chowmein (gugubhindi) | 13 comments no Hermione was meant to be with Ron .....they complete each other .....


message 11: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Reilly | 14 comments I'll preface this with I'm going to say something that may make a few people upset but hear my arguments:

I think both Harry and Ron are wrong for Hermione. She was too intelligent and independent to put up with either. Since the Malfoys defected in the seventh book I feel as though Draco would have been her best match. I think he would have gotten over his prejudices watching how wrong voldemort was about everything and the fact that their "master" was half blood himself. He is the intellectual and wittiest match for her. He would complement her intelligence, push her when she needed it, and pull her back to his level when she would get carried away.

Harry was too needy emotionally and I don't think she could have filled that void he needs for family like Ginny could.

Ron has too many flaws that made her crazy I don't see how a relationship could ever survive, he is too hot headed and stubborn and he could never keep up with her.


message 12: by Shlesha (new)

Shlesha Pandey | 1 comments This is true, HOWEVER it is widely misunderstood. JKR has made it CLEAR that R/Hr are the endgame, whether it is through this interview, or through her books. She didn't mention Harry/Hermione once. Stop digging too deep into it. Nobody said R/Hr aren't meant to be - neither did JKR. She didn't say she regrets anything either. People are making an issue out of nothing.


message 13: by Hollyken3 (new)

Hollyken3 . (missemilya) | 6 comments The thing is in the movie, I felt like shipping Harry and Hermione was a thing. But in the book I was totally cool with it being Ron.


message 14: by Annamarie (new)

Annamarie (Ilovebooks143) Okay I'm trying to stay calm but literally Ron has laid down his life for all of his friends. And he loves Hermione. Harry thinks so Hermione like a sister and Ron is everything Harry is. Just because Harry is the "Chosen One" doesn't make him perfect. Ron and Hermione belong together.


message 15: by Annamarie (new)

Annamarie (Ilovebooks143) *of not so sorry


message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Annamarie wrote: "Okay I'm trying to stay calm but literally Ron has laid down his life for all of his friends. And he loves Hermione. Harry thinks so Hermione like a sister and Ron is everything Harry is. Just beca..."

I've gotta agree. Ron gets such a bad rap, but I honestly feel like he could change for Hermione- he'd be a great hubbie for her. THEY BELONG TOGETHER! Sorry, but I just can't see it any other way. :D


message 17: by Lindy (new)

Lindy Pasco I think that she (Hermione), shouldn't be with either one, not with Harry because he was always meant to be with Ginny and I like them as a couple but also not with Ron, I don't think that he is grown up enough for her, or smart enough for her, she needs to be with someone that can challenge her intellectually, but I also think that J.K Rowling should stick with what she has written, there is no point in saying that she regrets it now....


message 18: by Keren (new)

Keren Dror (kikitreehugger9) | 46 comments Harry and Hermione were always close, but never really fell in love. For example, in the Deathly Hallows (Part 1, I think) Harry and Hermione start comforting and dancing with each other. I believe that this was to show that they support one another and they're going to keep fighting that battle until the end. They were just true friends and them getting married would have almost ruined the book.


message 19: by Annamarie (new)

Annamarie (Ilovebooks143) I agree!!!!!


message 20: by Rachel (last edited Jul 02, 2014 02:34AM) (new)

Rachel  Matthews (rachelwrites93) | 64 comments Ron has done so much to deserve Hermione, out of the three of them he is the one that provides the humour. In the books he is smart not Hermione smart (obviously) but logical. That is shown over and over again. Ron sacrifices himself many times for Harry and Hermione and is the glue for them. Both Harry and Hermione can hang out with Ron by themselves (Ron and Hermione over the Summer before Harry turns up, Harry and Ron are always off together.) But Harry and Hermione struggle to spend too much time alone together, in GOF when Ron and Harry are having their little "spat," Harry says he misses Ron and that Hermione wasn't "fun" to be with (at least not for him.) Ron is the glue.

Also, people always bring up how Ron is jealous of Harry but never seem to point out that Harry often thinks of himself as better than Ron. Most often this happen in OOTP. Harry is no angel either, Harry could have been mature in GOF when Ron walked in on him by the fireplace, Ron wasn't mean at all to Harry then UNTIL Harry flung a badge at Ron's head.

Ultimately, Harry and Hermione aren't suited for each other. Ron and Hermione's characters compliment each other. He is the fun to Hermione's serious and she is the calm to his recklessness and they both have passion.

Rant over XD


message 21: by B (new)

B | 22 comments you know i saw this and just pretended it didnt happen. to be honest i dont care about any regrets or thoughts JKR has about the series 7 YEARS after she ended it perfectly. I think she tied up everything wonderfully in the series, and im just following the book. If JKR wanted to change something that i dont agree with, I dont care! She cant change it because it will always be in the books and she cant change that. She also did the whole Ron and Hermoine realationship wonderfully in the books, so this doesnt bother me in the slightest.
Ronmoine Forever <3


message 22: by Makayla (new)

Makayla Tricia wrote: "I'll preface this with I'm going to say something that may make a few people upset but hear my arguments:

I think both Harry and Ron are wrong for Hermione. She was too intelligent and independen..."


OH MY GOD! You get me. Yes. Yes. A thousand times yes.


message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Alexis wrote: "According to https://twitter.com/thesundaytimes/st... and http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/02/sho...
Hermione should have been a Potter, ..."


Rowling actually didn't say that. All she said was Ron and Hermione weren't her top choice for relationships for Hermione. She said, "in some ways Hermione and Harry are a better fit." Anyone else that we never even heard about could have been the right person for Hermione. People automatically assume that if it's not Ron it's Harry but that is NOT true.


message 24: by Camilla (new)

Camilla Jensen | 46 comments I ship Dramione with my life! I honestly like them better than Romione.. Sorry Romione fans.. Had to say it


message 25: by Annamarie (new)

Annamarie (Ilovebooks143) I mean what is it about Dramione? Because I love Draco as a character but he was kinda of a jerk to Hermione calling her a mudblood and everything... Was there anything romantic about them in the book that I missed?


message 26: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (natashaforrest) didn't J.K.Rowling begin the books thinking fred and Hermione would be together?


message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Natasha wrote: "didn't J.K.Rowling begin the books thinking fred and Hermione would be together?"


message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Natasha wrote: "didn't J.K.Rowling begin the books thinking fred and Hermione would be together?"

FRED and Hermione? Really? I heard the 'thing' about Draco and Hermione, but FRED and HERMIONE? Whoa! Crikey!


message 29: by Camilla (new)

Camilla Jensen | 46 comments Anvita wrote: "No, not anything special but he thing is that we (Dramione supporters) WANTED something to be there and it is the problem that there wasn't..."

Draco had feelings for Hermione but he never told anyone, that's why he was so mean to Hermione. J.K Rowling said it herself


message 30: by Camilla (new)

Camilla Jensen | 46 comments Tricia wrote: "I'll preface this with I'm going to say something that may make a few people upset but hear my arguments:

I think both Harry and Ron are wrong for Hermione. She was too intelligent and independen..."


THANK YOU!


message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Anvita wrote: "Really? Then I wish it was true. But I don't understand why boys are so egoistic. Just because Hermione was Draco's enemy's friend, Draco was mean to her! Very bad.... Tut tut..."

Umbridge-ee


message 32: by Camille (last edited Jul 20, 2014 02:12PM) (new)

Camille (Ashera) | 73 comments I agree wholeheartedly with it. Ron X Hermione felt kinda forced! Harry and Draco all the way for me I'm sorry, I'm into slash stuff (I'm a slash and Yaoi fangirl) like I'm reading right now on fan fiction.net!


message 33: by Saakshi (new)

Saakshi Roy | 39 comments No no NO!! Ron and Hermione are a match made in heaven!


message 34: by Saakshi (new)

Saakshi Roy | 39 comments Kelsey wrote: "Rachel Caroline wrote: "It's real I think.

And I'm gutted. :("

I, too, am absolutely heartbroken. :("


Yes...I'm absolutely shattered. Even though JK Rowling has created Harry Potter's world and all the relationships, I think she is completely wrong in thinking that Harry and Hermione would have been great together...:(


message 35: by Saakshi (new)

Saakshi Roy | 39 comments This cannot happen!


message 36: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Farshaw | 120 comments Well indeed, that's how it should have ended. Ron and Hermione are a perfect match for teenagers, but Harry and Hermione are a perfect match for an adult relationship. Just look at that epilogue in which Ron still is immature. Do we really think that the brightest witch could have handled his nonsense for 19 long years. She'd need the patience of a saint for that. I can see it all happen, Hermione telling Ron about something she read and Ron going: "You read too much, Hermione." And what about Hermione's charity work? Ron mocked this so often. Ron had no respect for her best qualities: her intelligence and her kindness. Qualities which were notably similar to Harry's mother's.
And don't get me started about Harry and Ginny. There was zero build up to their relation, it just came out of nowhere all of a sudden. One may think HarryxHermione would have been a cliche, but HarryXGinny is like Robbie Williams marrying his stalker, it does not make any sense.


message 37: by Saakshi (new)

Saakshi Roy | 39 comments Hermione smelt parchment in that Amortentia love potion because she's always helping Ron with his homework.

she smelt freshly mown grass because she once saw Ron cutting grass outside the Burrow
Krum asked her to the Ball three times before she said yes. She was waiting for Ron to ask her
And last, but not the least...
Ron's Boggart changed its shape from spiders to seeing Hermione in pain.
Now tell me, HOW CAN YOU EVEN THINK OF PAIRING HARRY WITH HERMIONE or anyone else???????


message 38: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Farshaw | 120 comments Amortentia did not appear before book 6 when Hinny and Romione were forced down our throats. Do you want a good reason why I am thinking of pairing Harry with Hermione? Because Amortentia "does not create actual love, of course. That's impossible". And do you remember which unloving creature was created through the false love of Amortentia? Indeed, that was Voldemort. So the fact that Hermione smells Ron and Harry smells Ginny through the effect of such a vile potion as Amortentia (even when they don't know or even don't acknowledge the feelings are true!) is reason enough for me to dismiss these pairings as 'false love'.


message 39: by B (new)

B | 22 comments Harry and Hermione were to each other the sibling they never had.


message 40: by Annamarie (new)

Annamarie (Ilovebooks143) ^^^^^YES


message 41: by Josie (new)

Josie | 5 comments Ron and Hermione are meant for each other! Harry and Hermione just wouldn't be right and it would be too predictable since Harry is the main character.


ᏒIᎪlᎥstᎥc (rialistic) | 71 comments ^^^ YES!

I think that the series has become bigger than JKR in a way. I hate how she keeps adding new information in interviews. I'd rather look at what was included in the book.


message 43: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 833 comments Ron and Hermione were meant for each other! You can tell right from the beginning! I love them together, they're one of my favourite pairings & like others have said, Harry & Hermione would be way to predictable. Plus, I love Ginny & Harry together.


message 44: by hannah renee. (new)

hannah renee. (thegeekydiva) | 1 comments I think it makes sense that she would say that. The way Hermione and Harry treat each other is a lot more healthy.

The fact that she says she plans from the start Ron and Hermione makes sense because both their names represent "the quarreling couple" in alchemy and J.K. Rowling uses a lot of literary alchemy in her books; she herself has said so on Pottermore. So it makes sense that she stuck to that idea (forming it in the beginning of the book) but looking at it now sees how unhealthy their relationship is.


message 45: by Blackj (new)

Blackj | 20 comments It's real. JK Rowling said so.


message 46: by Blackj (new)

Blackj | 20 comments Anvita wrote: "Actually, I could do with Harry and Hermione though Dramione are even better but I was never able to and even now I am not able to appreciate the Romione pair up."

I disagree completely. I HATE the dramione fanfics. I think that they are horrible for each other.


message 47: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Farshaw | 120 comments Blackj wrote: "It's real. JK Rowling said so."

JKR sees herself as Hermione and stated that her husband Neil Murray is Harry Potter. So there you have it. Romione are just bits of ink on paper, Harmony is real life.


ᏒIᎪlᎥstᎥc (rialistic) | 71 comments Anthony wrote: "Blackj wrote: "It's real. JK Rowling said so."

JKR sees herself as Hermione and stated that her husband Neil Murray is Harry Potter. So there you have it. Romione are just bits of ink on paper, Ha..."


She married her husband after writing the books. She said that Hermione reminds her of herself of a younger girl though not that extreme.


message 49: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Farshaw | 120 comments ᏒIᎪlᎥstᎥc wrote: "Anthony wrote: "Blackj wrote: "It's real. JK Rowling said so."

JKR sees herself as Hermione and stated that her husband Neil Murray is Harry Potter. So there you have it. Romione are just bits of ..."


Correction, she married Neil on December 26, 2001. When the last three books were still unfinished.


message 50: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 833 comments Well be that as it may Romoine forever <3


« previous 1
back to top