THE Group for Authors! discussion

Writer's Circle > Morgan James Publishing

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 3 comments Does anybody know anything about Morgan James Publishing? I got a call from them and they said they were highly interested in my book and were sending me a letter.

message 2: by D.C. (new)

D.C. | 198 comments Did you submit the manuscript to them, or did they contact you initially? As a heads up, no legitimate publisher will require you to pay up front. From a quick look at their website, they do appear to be a vanity house.

message 3: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 3 comments D.C. wrote: "Did you submit the manuscript to them, or did they contact you initially? As a heads up, no legitimate publisher will require you to pay up front. From a quick look at their website, they do appe..."

D.C. wrote: "Did you submit the manuscript to them, or did they contact you initially? As a heads up, no legitimate publisher will require you to pay up front. From a quick look at their website, they do appe..."

I submitted 3 chapters of my manuscript to them as required of them out of The Christian Writer's Market. I also got an email from Tate Publishing and Morgan James sent me a bad article regarding them, and many others told me NOT to go with Tate. I'm so confused. They all seem out to get each other.

message 4: by D.C. (new)

D.C. | 198 comments Well, yes, because they are in direct competition with each other for your dollar. Tate is definitely not legitimate, and from the sound of it, neither are these people.

message 5: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 3 comments Thank you!