What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Mysteries of Harris Burdick
This topic is about The Mysteries of Harris Burdick
SOLVED: Children's/YA > children's book from the 80's; sort of a story starter book that showed pictures and gave a line from a story for kids to finish [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J (new)

J Hall | 4 comments I read this as a child sometime during the 80's…probably 84-89. I don't remember what the cover looked like, but I believe all the pictures were black and white drawings. I think there was one line accompanying each photo that was intended to be the first line of a story, and kids were supposed to write their own story to go along with the picture. The one picture that really comes to mind was a drawing of a few houses, the one in the middle was starting to blast off out of the ground with flames coming out of the bottom, like from a rocket. I can't remember the line that went with the picture exactly, but I believe it was something like the kids that lived there had noticed there were weird electronic things growing in the walls. I would like to find this for my kids to use :). Thanks so much!

message 2: by Diana (new)

Diana Welsch | 529 comments Definitely The Mysteries of Harris Burdick by Chris Van Allsburg. Sorry, I'm on my phone and can't add a link.

message 4: by J (new)

J Hall | 4 comments That's it, thank you!!!

message 5: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2502 comments Mod
Hooray! I'll move this to solved.

message 6: by J (new)

J Hall | 4 comments Thanks, Andria! I couldn't see how to do that on my phone.