Epic Reads Book Club discussion

Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)
This topic is about Ignite Me
Ignite Me (Spoilers Welcomed!) > After the end? (Spoilers!)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Epic Reads (new) - added it

Epic Reads (epicreads) | 54 comments Mod
Warner tells Juliette that the whole world will be coming after them now that they killed Anderson. What do you think happens after IGNITE ME ends?

Rachel Patrick (rachelpatrick) | 18 comments Mod
Personally, I thought that IGNITE ME ended with an excellent setup to a fourth novel. We know enough answers to have some satisfaction, but there are still some questions: How the hell is Sector 45 and The Reestablishment going to take over all the other sectors? What happens with the relationship between Warner, Adam, and James? Where do all the secondary characters (Kenji) go? The ending was open-ended but not, yet it worked (unlike a certain book, *cough* REQUIEM *cough*). I want to know what's going to happen next, because I don't. I would just LOVE another book (or fifty).

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Rachel wrote: "Personally, I thought that IGNITE ME ended with an excellent setup to a fourth novel. We know enough answers to have some satisfaction, but there are still some questions: How the hell is Sector 45..."

Oh my gosh! I totally agree with you. I hated how Requiem ended. I actually thought the ending of Ignite Me was pretty good. Yes, there were some questions unanswered but it's not like someone will go insane because they don't know the answers...or will they? Another book would be great but I loved how Tahereh Mafi ended the trilogy.

Brittany (weareattached) I like that Tahereh knows when to stop a series. With the ending she could definitely write a handful more books, but then we would have to deal with things that are unfortunate. Like...Warner's and Juliette relationship getting old and/or struggling. Like...someone dying! I was positive someone was going to die in this book and when they didn't I was so relieved. If she keeps writing, someone will have to die.

Katheryn I'd love for the series to continue SOME HOW, even if it's a spin off, or something. A novella, maybe? I don't know. I understand it must be extra hard for her to let her characters live on through readers and not continue anymore,because no doubt she has other amazingly wicked ideas to be getting on with. But yknow, I literally just put finished it, and I miss them already. *sigh*