Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Eternal Champion (Eternal Champion, #1)
This topic is about The Eternal Champion
Serieses! > Elric Saga - Need help

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 535 comments I was looking up some Elric books when I saw this one: The Eternal Champion. According to the book page - this book is #2 in a series.

If you click on the series link it only lists the one book and it says that it is book 1.

Sooo....which is it?

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17129 comments It is book 1 of the omnibus series that White Wolf published in the 90s. It should not be combined with any earlier publications called The Eternal Champion. I don't know if it is an import or librarians that keep doing it. I will see if I can try to sort it... again.

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17129 comments Can't separate the most popular edition. What a pain. There are even librarian notes saying not to combine!

Chris  (haughtc) | 159 comments I should note that the White Wolf series was in the USA. The UK version of that series is different. Some of the books are different, and the sequence is different.

So this particular book was #2 in the UK series, while being #1 in the US series.

Of course it should not be combined with the novel of the same name.

message 5: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5029 comments To separate the most popular edition, you actually separate EVERYTHING else from it. Does that make sense? Let me know if you want me to do it - some of those look like there is more than just the one to be separated:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/separa...

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 535 comments So, should the series for "The eternal champion" be removed from this book?

Are there any other books in this series?

*confused*

message 7: by Scott (last edited Feb 05, 2014 07:51AM) (new)

Scott | 17129 comments Ok, I think I've got the books separated correctly. This one is now combined only with the White Wolf editions, the U.K. omnibus only with its counterpart, and the single novels all combined with each other.

"The Eternal Champion" is the correct series for this omnibus, of which it is the first volume:
https://www.goodreads.com/series/4084...

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 535 comments Thank you!

Chris  (haughtc) | 159 comments Thanks, Scott...

I fixed a couple of the Elric omnibuses while I was looking.

I spent many hours on the Moorcock books when we first started doing the series pages. But every time we break off from Amazon or sell out to Amazon and the data changes, it gets screwed up again....

message 10: by MrsJoseph *grouchy* (last edited Feb 05, 2014 08:18AM) (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 535 comments Chris wrote: "Thanks, Scott...

I fixed a couple of the Elric omnibuses while I was looking.

I spent many hours on the Moorcock books when we first started doing the series pages. But every time we break off fr..."

You would think that content fixed by humans would supersede any auto d/l.

But since GR has free volunteers...they don't give a shit.

message 11: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17129 comments I fixed a few Corum books I came across as well. Don't know if it's worth the trouble if it is just going to get set back again at some point anyway.

Chris  (haughtc) | 159 comments That's how I feel about it, Scott....

message 13: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5029 comments 1. The feed is set to NOT override volunteers - if you notice it doing so since, say, January, please post in the relevant thread for the devs to check that record.

2. It's always worth the trouble :)