Epic Reads Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Epic Reads (last edited Feb 05, 2014 07:21AM) (new)

Epic Reads (epicreads) | 54 comments Mod
J asks herself "what is love?" a lot in this book. What do you think it means to be in love? Did she really love Adam? Did Adam really love her?

Discuss....

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Patrick (rachelpatrick) | 18 comments Mod
I think Adam and Juliette did love each other. But they came together in a time of war, and when they were both broken, especially Juliette. Their love was convenient. They were there for each other when they each needed someone. And Juliette, who thought she could never be touched, could be by Adam--and that sparked an instant attraction. But as they changed and progressed, so did their feelings for each other, until it grew, maybe, into a different kind of love: friendship.

message 3: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammyjojames) | 2 comments Ok, I am not sure how most people feel about their first serious boyfriend but to this day I still love mine. I was never "in love" with him. He is someone I was always comfortable around and was willing to pick me up when I had fallen. I love him like a really good friend or a brother. I feel like if Adam could get over his hate for Warner this is exactly the relationship him and Juliette could have. I have been with my husband for 12 years and there are days when my love for him literally takes my breath away. He doesnt have to do anything special it just happens. We have faced many hard things and have kept each other going. I think thats what it means to be in love!