Epic Reads Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Epic Reads (new)

Epic Reads (epicreads) | 54 comments Mod
So we know which way Juliette went...and seriously after Chapter 55 how could you not...but who would you pick?

message 2: by Gergana (new)

Gergana Warner!! I mean, Adam was awful in the third book and I never really liked him. And Warner is...well, Warner!

message 3: by Epic Reads (new)

Gergana wrote: "Warner!! I mean, Adam was awful in the third book and I never really liked him. And Warner is...well, Warner!"

We, here at Team Epic Reads, believe Warner is perfection.

message 4: by April (new)

April Crain (abookishbabe) | 2 comments I was totally on team Adam until Fracture Me. But now.... Aaron Warner Anderson. Holy Crap!!! I think I need to re read just to fully process this!

message 5: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (storyofmyreadinglife) | 4 comments I wasn't any team until Ignite Me. I just thought Juliette needed to be by herself and figure herself out first.
But in the end, Warner is perfection. <3

message 6: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (littlemisscarstairs) | 5 comments warner all the way! i think he somehow had helped juliette on her character transition. from being a helpless girl into an empowered woman

message 7: by Epic Reads (last edited Feb 05, 2014 08:58AM) (new)

"Ignite, my love. Ignite."

GAME OVER

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Patrick (rachelpatrick) | 18 comments Mod
First off all, best use of a gif goes to you and the above, Epic Reads.

In SHATTER ME I was totally Team Adam; I don't think I even thought Warner, the villain, could be a love interest until people started discussing it. I felt for him in DESTROY ME, and I don't even with UNRAVEL ME (damn you, Chapter 62). FRACTURE ME did nothing to help Adam. And going into IGNITE ME, I said I was Team Adam but my thoughts always went to Warner. So yeah. But I think I'm like Juliette--it was Warner all along (well, from a point, because SHATTER ME), but I just didn't know it and admit it.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Shatter Me: Adam
Destroy Me: Warner
Unravel Me: Warner
Destroy Me: Warner
Ignite Me: Warner

message 10: by Marci (last edited Feb 05, 2014 04:05PM) (new)

Marci | 2 comments I have to admit I feel bad for Adam. He seriously didn't get a break, and I thought Juliet was pretty mean to him. Although he was also awful to her, but he was really hurt and she totally just blew him off without really telling him why. I liked Warner after this book, but I feel bad that the girl went for the rich, beautiful boy who can give her anything. Juliet seemed a little spoiled. Luckily Warner seemed like the only mature one (which is funny because in Shatter Me, Adam was the smart, sweet one). Again, I just felt sorry for him, wish there would have been better resolution for him.

Natalie (Never trust a duck) Adam always bothered me, I don't know, he just was a bit sappy and, well not William Herondale but not many are. Warner, on the other hand, was a brilliant character. I liked him from the start. He was one of those "bad guys" that you can't help but crush on. Go Warner.

message 12: by Marci (new)

Marci | 2 comments Brittany wrote: "I wasn't any team until Ignite Me. I just thought Juliette needed to be by herself and figure herself out first.
But in the end, Warner is perfection. <3"

totally agree! She needed to grow up and figure herself out first!

message 13: by Katheryn (new)

Katheryn I liked Adam in Shatter Me, straight away. Because really, you think you kind of have to. Love interest? Must like. Or something.

Warner enters the story.

Sorry Adam, mate, I love ya and all, but dude....Hellooooooo Warner!

I mean, Adam in Ignite Me was a complete...dick, if you'll excuse my language. But really, he was. He wasn't prepared to understand Juliette, her changes in life and what SHE wanted. He was just thinking of himself. He didn't want to get to know her, he just liked what he thought he knew and that was her being quiet and submissive. When she grew tough, he obviously felt threatened. Glad he grew a pair in the end, but jeez it took him a long time. I mean, i understood why she decided it was best to leave him in Unravel Me. But it was like he WANTED to be killed. He was too whiny, too "You Jane, me Tarzan, you must obey!" and Warner was just...yes, bossy and rude but also he believed in Juliette and her power and he didn't, in the end, try to force her to be anything she wasn't. He just wanted her to become her true potential, and that really showed. So yes, there's no argument, Warner might be a heartless prick to begin with, but he changes. Sorry Warner, babe, we're not saying you changed as a person. Really. Don't kill me. You just...grew as a person. You showed your inner person. Okay that sounds wrong. Back track. Back track.

Bottom line: I love Warner like I love...Orange Juice. Just can't get enough. :P. Actually, I might even love him more than that. Wow. Can he be real, please?

message 14: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammyjojames) | 2 comments I wanted to want Adam but I fell for Warner. There is just something about a person who helps you see who you really are. He kept pushing her to be strong and protecting her along the way.

message 15: by Emilia (new)

Emilia (doctorherondale) | 3 comments Team Warner all the way!!! There is no doubt in my mind that he is the best person ever! I loved his character from the start, but I have to say Unravel Me really did it for me. My friends told me I was crazy for shipping him. Who's laughing now peeps!?! He always had the best lines that just made my heart stop. My favorite is Chapter 62 from Unravel Me! Best. Chapter. Ever. Love him

message 16: by Amphitrite (new)

Amphitrite (ravenclaweruditedemigodselected) | 2 comments I was team Warner since the beginning even when you guys said he was a psycho maniac I found pretty hot

message 17: by Natalie (new)

Natalie O’Brien (natella_11) | 14 comments Adam was WAYY to annoying and he was hanging in to the girl Juliette used to be!!! The shy, quiet girl who didn't know any better!!! WARNER on the other hand knew what she could do and pushed her to become the best EVERYONE knew she could be and was!!! And he's WAYYY HOTTER than Adam

message 18: by Emilia (new)

Emilia (doctorherondale) | 3 comments @Natalie: agree with everything you said. Adam couldn't except that she had changed. That she wasn't that scared little girl anymore. Warner encouraged her to be strong and free. Adam held her back.

message 19: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn Helgevold | 1 comments I think it was important she had someone who believed she was something. Someone who could move the world... Change everything. Adam wasn't that person. He is a savior not a partner. Warner understood... He knew from the beginning what juliette could be

message 20: by Sage (new)

Sage Knightly (sageknightly_) Warner. He is perfection and he actually helped make Juliette better, stronger and more badass d: He helped her become the Juliette she truly is. And I was never really a fan of Adam and in the third book he was an ass so...

message 21: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (dare2dream) Warner ftw! He is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. And sooooo hot. Love. Absolutely love!

message 22: by Britt (new)

Britt (brittshoemaker) | 7 comments I read the first two books a long time ago and I want to read the last book. Is there recap over the series and a brief overview of the warner/(forgot his name) thing??

message 23: by Brooke (new)

Brooke Pape | 2 comments Look on YouTube you can find book reviews for the first 2 books to refresh your memory

message 24: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (abookisagirlsbestfriend) | 4 comments In the first book, I hated Warner and thought Adam was the one, but in the sequels, Adam turned into this awful guy and Warner became a lot sweeter in my opinion, so Warner.

message 25: by Mari (new)

Mari Rodriguez  | 1 comments Totally team Adam!!! I literally threw my book across the room when she got together with Warner. After that happened it took me about a week to finally decide to finish the book. I absolutely hated Warner and my feelings could not be changed.