A Good Thriller discussion

Books > What Are You Currently Reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 18,692 (18692 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 373 374

message 1: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Sean Peters | 9077 comments Mod
Hi

Here is a thread that we can all add the books we are reading at the moment, no spoilers though please.

I am at present reading a Chris Ryan book The Kremlin Device, I have read many of Chris Ryan books, with his realistic SAS exciting stories.

In this book is his regular character Geordia Sharp.

regards

Sean

message 2: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Dougherty (goodreadscomvictoria_dougherty) | 61 comments I'm about to start The Book Thief

message 3: by Gary (new)

Gary R | 13 comments I'm reading Now You See Me by S. J. Bolton. Book 1 in the Lacey Flint Series.

message 4: by Sean, Moderator (last edited Feb 05, 2014 06:11AM) (new)

Hi Gary,

SJ Bolton (now Sharon Bolton) is a good reads member and a friend on here.

One of my great finds last years with Allan Folsom and Simon Kernick, Vince Flynn.

You will enjoy it I am sure, chilling, suspenceful , gripping.

Do like the Lacey Flint character.

regards

Sean

message 5: by Irene (new)

Irene (zavrou) | 56 comments Victoria wrote: "I'm about to start The Book Thief"

Let me know what you think of it. It has raced to the top of my ' the best books I've ever read' list

message 6: by Irene (new)

Irene (zavrou) | 56 comments I am so off my normal at the minute. Have just finished Divergent and Insurgent. I am now reading And the Mountains Echoed.

Lorrea - WhatChaReadin'? (whatchatreadin) | 2099 comments Mod
Irene wrote: "Victoria wrote: "I'm about to start The Book Thief"

Let me know what you think of it. It has raced to the top of my ' the best books I've ever read' list"

I want to know what you think of it too!! I have it on my to-read list.

Currently reading Admission by Jean Hanff Korelitz and listening to The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom

message 9: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 3 comments Irene wrote: "I am so off my normal at the minute. Have just finished Divergent and Insurgent. I am now reading And the Mountains Echoed."

Wow, such very different books! Divergent and Insurgent are quick, exciting, fast-paced reads and And the Mountains Echoed is soulful and encompassing.

message 10: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 3 comments I just started the Kitchen House too.

Cindy wrote: "I just started the Kitchen House too."

I guess I'm about half way through....so far so good.

message 12: by Perri (new)

Perri | 2293 comments Loved The Book Thief, Divergent, and the Mt. Echoed. I'm reading Motherless Brooklyn-interesting reading, the main character has Tourette's Syndrome, THe Time Keeper for my Book CLub today, and half way through THe Secret Keeper by Kate Norton

Finished The Kitchen House yesterday. Then started on I Am Mary Sutter. Today I will go and pick up our group read from the library.

message 14: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Hi

That's quick reading Lorrea, still waiting for my copy

Sean

I listen to a lot of books through my iPod, so not technically reading.

message 16: by Gary (new)

Gary R | 13 comments Reading Defending Jacob by William Landay by William Landay.

message 17: by Perri (new)

Perri | 2293 comments Defending Jacob was a trip! I'll be curious to hear your opinion. Now reading A Tap at the Window and Little Princes

message 18: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Hi

I am reading The Hit, David Baldacci, brilliant so far.

message 19: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (readingisthe_tea) | 4 comments Hello everyone, I'm currently reading Cross My Heart by James Patterson!

Listening to American Sniper on the iPod this week and starting A Tap on the Window tomorrow.

message 21: by Irene (new)

Irene (zavrou) | 56 comments Sean wrote: "Hi

I am reading The Hit, David Baldacci, brilliant so far."

I agree. It has pulled me in from the start.

message 22: by Dana (new)

Dana I enjoyed Defending Jacob. I read it in a couple of days. I agree it was definitely a trip!!! :)

message 23: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (readingisthe_tea) | 4 comments Lorrea(Threein3) wrote: "Finished The Kitchen House yesterday. Then started on I Am Mary Sutter. Today I will go and pick up our group read from the library."

How was The Kitchen House? it sounds interesting, I added it to " want to read " shelf!

Samantha it was really good. I had just finished The Invention Of Wings and the I followed it up with I am Mary Sutter. Three very inspirational books about women in harder times.

message 25: by Gayla (new)

Gayla (gaylagal) I'm currently reading Sycamore Row and In the Blood by Lisa Unger (awesome writer and first time I've read any of her novels).
Gayla

message 26: by Irene (last edited Feb 17, 2014 12:24PM) (new)

Irene (zavrou) | 56 comments I have just finished The Hit and it was definitely a page turner. Baldacci seldon lets you down.

message 27: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Hi Irene,

Reading like mad, cannot put the book down !!

Great plot, great action and really gripping.

Not sure where it's going to finish ?

Started Tap and wish I had the ability to just spend the day reading.

message 29: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (cindinj) Gary wrote: "I'm reading Now You See Me by S. J. Bolton. Book 1 in the Lacey Flint Series."

Better book than I expected. ~ Cindi

message 30: by Perri (new)

Perri | 2293 comments Half way through Tap-good selection, Thriller group! Also, I Am Malala, and new Ann Rule book

message 31: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Hi

Gary/Cindi Now You See Me, one of the best from SJ Bolton.

Perri, looking forward to reading Tap, when it arrives.

Really enjoying The Hit, David Baldacci, very good.

message 32: by Arlene (new)

Arlene Hayes | 3 comments I'm reading a novel by a local author in Skye: Breakfast Will Do by Richard Neath. It's a rant from a guy who is fed up with many aspects of modern life. A great subject but it's a bit long-winded so far. I do want to know what happens though, so I will finish it.

message 33: by LaDonna (new)

LaDonna (ladonnasbooknook) | 13 comments I just finished Melissa Groeling's Lights Out. My review can be found at https://www.goodreads.com/review/show....
It does include rather graphic violence and subject matter, but if those don't bother you I found it an excellent read.

message 34: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Hi

Welcome to all the new members, as we are growing very quickly which is great news.

After reading the very fast paced The Hit by David Baldacci, I am now reading the incredible fast paced Simon Kernick's new book Stay Alive.

Only read a 10-12 chapters it is action packed , heart pounding stuff.

Currently reading The Fault in Our Stars, so far pretty good, but only through the second chapter.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Should be finishing the latest Virgil Flowers books today called Storm Front by John Sandford. It's quite good.

message 37: by Perri (new)

Perri | 2293 comments Lorrea, I loved The Fault-I've heard it's going to made into a movie and hope they don't ruin it. Currently reading Zealot, The Razor's Edge and I Am Legend

message 38: by LaDonna (new)

LaDonna (ladonnasbooknook) | 13 comments Will be delving into Harlan Coben after all the discussion here. I picked up Tell No One this afternoon while thrift store browsing. I also came across 3 David Baldacci's (unfortunately not The Hit) and a couple of titles each of the Bones and Rizzolli & Isles series'. Good pickings today!

message 39: by Dana (new)

Dana LaDonna wrote: "Will be delving into Harlan Coben after all the discussion here. I picked up Tell No One this afternoon while thrift store browsing. I also came across 3 [author:Dav..."

You hit the jackpot LaDonna!! :)

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Perri wrote: "Lorrea, I loved The Fault-I've heard it's going to made into a movie and hope they don't ruin it. Currently reading Zealot, The Razor's Edge and I Am Legend"

I Am Legend is a great book! Much better than the movie.

message 41: by Sean, Moderator (new)

After charging through my last exciting book The Hit By David Baldacci, I thought I would go with one of my favourite authors and read Simon Kernick's new book Stay Alive.

Wow, a second book in a row I just could not put down and read this book in four days.

This author knows how to keep his story fast paced, action packed, great strong characters, and just keeps you guessing to the last pages.

Great to have one of his returning characters from The Siege.

This is just pace, pace , pace.

All the way through the book I was guessing what was happening, what's going on?

Only thing is my next decision is tough !!

What do I read next, so many recommendations.

Still waiting for my ordered Tap On The Window, Linwood Barclay.

message 42: by Irene (new)

Irene (zavrou) | 56 comments I am hoping to get Tap on Friday from the Library. In the meantime I am reading Still Knowing by Chevy Stevens. Her first book Still Missing was so good.

message 43: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Hi

Chosen my next book

The Never List by Koethi Zan.

It has been highly recommended to me.

message 44: by Irene (new)

Irene (zavrou) | 56 comments Got that one wrong.... Name of book Always Watching..... Not ...... Still Knowing.....doesn't pay to guess !!

message 45: by Dana (new)

Dana I just finished Second Honeymoon by James Patterson. Great book!!

message 46: by Michiganmermaid (new)

Michiganmermaid Powell | 33 comments Dead path --- Steven Irwin. Book
What the night knows --- koontz ....on CD in car
Help for the haunted--- John Seales Ebook when working out

In waiting:
Innocence --- koontz
Hot blooded --- Lisa Jackson
Troupe --- Robert Bennett

message 47: by LaDonna (new)

LaDonna (ladonnasbooknook) | 13 comments I hadn't read any Koontz in many years but won an ARC in the giveaways here on goodreads and it really blew me away. I still think of it often, which is pretty rare for me. Not at all what I remember his style to be, but an amazing read.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Dana wrote: "I just finished Second Honeymoon by James Patterson. Great book!!"

I liked Second Honeymoon even better than the first one, which was good, also.

message 49: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (readingisthe_tea) | 4 comments I just finished The Rosie Project and it was such a cute and fun read :)

Irene wrote: "I am hoping to get Tap on Friday from the Library. In the meantime I am reading Still Knowing by Chevy Stevens. Her first book Still Missing was so good."

I've read both of those and they are both really good.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 373 374