All About Books discussion

Reads & Challenges Archive > Heather's books in 2014

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Great job Heather. I hope your reading is going well. what are you going to read next?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Amber, it improved whilst I was on holiday but as I'm back to work Monday it will tail off rather a lot!

I'm currently reading Middlemarch and Anne Frank's Tales from the Secret Annex

message 5: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) awesome! I hope you are enjoying them. :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks, I am!

message 7: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 15985 comments Heather wrote: "5. The Man Who Went Up in Smoke"

:) How did you like it?

message 8: by Shirley (new)

Shirley | 4177 comments Heather wrote: "Thanks Amber, it improved whilst I was on holiday but as I'm back to work Monday it will tail off rather a lot!

I'm currently reading Middlemarch and [book:Anne Frank's Tales from the Secret Annex..."

I've got the Anne Frank book on my kindle, is it good?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

@Leslie Not as good as the 1st but still a good mystery. I loved the historical context of soviet Hungary

@Shirley It's not as good as her full diary but contains a few diary entries and stories she wrote. Each story is very short so easy to dip in and out of. I visited the house last week so it's great to be able to visualise where she was writing

message 10: by Shirley (new)

Shirley | 4177 comments Heather wrote: "@Leslie Not as good as the 1st but still a good mystery. I loved the historical context of soviet Hungary

@Shirley It's not as good as her full diary but contains a few diary entries and stories ..."

Yes, I can imagine that would bring the story to life.

message 13: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 23, 2014 07:06AM) (new)

message 15: by Bionic Jean (new)

Bionic Jean (bionicjean) Great list, Heather! The fact that you have read so many books here that I have enjoyed, makes me want to read the others which you have chosen to read! Just checked and it's 11, which is remarkable.

That sounds convoluted, but it's true and meant as a compliment... :D

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Is that 11 we have in common that you also liked or 11 you now want to read? I've had a good book year so far but I think that is due to giving up books I wasn't enjoying and therefore not rating them so I've enjoyed most books I've finished

message 17: by Bionic Jean (new)

Bionic Jean (bionicjean) 11 in common - almost half :)

That's interesting, as I was wondering asking on a general thread whether people include books they give up on. I don't personally, just as I don't include non-fiction books I "skim". I have to read it cover to cover to include it, and I think by the sound of it, you do too, Heather.

message 19: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 15985 comments How did you like The Laughing Policeman?

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Really good, Leslie. One of my favourites of the series so far, I think.

message 21: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 15985 comments Heather wrote: "Really good, Leslie. One of my favourites of the series so far, I think."

Yay! Me too.