Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Esme (new)

Esme | 29 comments Done!

message 3: by Daria (new)

Daria | 3 comments Thank you!

message 4: by Patrick (new)

Patrick O'Bryon (goodreadscompatrickwobryon) | 2 comments Hello! A reader pointed out that my book Corridor of Darkness : A Novel of Nazi Germany is listed twice:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
And:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

Somehow a partial of my front cover with just the title appears on the one page with most reviews, and the full cover page has one review. Could someone merge the two pages so that only the full cover shows and all reviews are together? It would sure make things easier for readers.

Many thanks,
Patrick W. O'Bryon

message 5: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments 4 done, cropped cover fixed

message 7: by Esme (new)

Esme | 29 comments #6 done!

message 8: by Olivier (new)

Olivier | 5 comments Many thanks, O.

message 9: by Helen (new)

Helen | 69 comments Sorry but I'm not sure how you link the www. If you search 'Djinn Laura Catherine', two separate versions come up, each with two editions. They are the same book but I can't get them to combine as they won't link.

message 10: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Helen wrote: "Sorry but I'm not sure how you link the www. If you search 'Djinn Laura Catherine', two separate versions come up, each with two editions. They are the same book but I can't get them to combine as ..."

Done. You can simply post the URL for the two books when you open each book's page.

message 11: by Helen (new)

Helen | 69 comments Cheers

message 12: by Linda (new)

Linda Kovic-Skow | 9 comments Hi,

I have four editions of my book up at Goodreads and would like to combine them into one. I can only click on one edition. I made sure the title is the same, but maybe this is because they have different descriptions or information? How do I proceed with this?

Thank you,
-Linda Kovic-Skow
French Illusions: My Story as an American Au Pair in the Loire Valley French Illusions My Story as an American Au Pair in the Loire Valley (Book 1) by Linda Kovic-Skow

message 13: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41973 comments Mod
Re 12: The 4 editions already are correctly combined into a single work: https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

I have restored the format information to each edition; please do not remove valid book data.

message 14: by Linda (new)

Linda Kovic-Skow | 9 comments rivka wrote: "Re 12: The 4 editions already are correctly combined into a single work: https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

I h..."

(Gulp) I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to cause you any trouble. I see that all my ratings are combined. Can you help me with another matter? Only 22 of my reviews are listed and I count 27 unique entries. Perhaps you have an explanation?

Thanks so much for your help.

message 15: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41973 comments Mod
Linda, book pages are heavily cached, which means some of the information only updates every day or two. Stats are one of those items, but I think they are all caught up now.

message 16: by Doqnach (new)

Doqnach | 2 comments Hello all,

The following book is listed wrongly under part #2 of the series, while it is the Dutch translation of part #1:

* Dutch version: Andromeda, with ISBN: 90 229 9035 4
* is part #1 of the Andromeda series, namely: A for Andromeda
* is currently listed as an edition of part #2: Andromeda Breakthrough, which is wrong
* the correct dutch edition for part #2 is: Andermaal Andromeda, ISBN: 90 229 9039 7 (which I just added myself since it was missing)

I was pointed to this group to get this changed, and this place on the forum seemed the most fitting.

message 17: by Koenraad (new)

Koenraad (koenraadkelemen) | 4875 comments 16-17 done

message 18: by Doqnach (new)

Doqnach | 2 comments Koenraad wrote: "16-17 done"

Thank you very much!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.