These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1)
This topic is about These Broken Stars
Group Reads > These Broken Stars

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 3376 comments Mod
These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner

It's a night like any other on board the Icarus. Then, catastrophe strikes: the massive luxury spaceliner is yanked out of hyperspace and plummets into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive. And they seem to be alone.

Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a young war hero who learned long ago that girls like Lilac are more trouble than they’re worth. But with only each other to rely on, Lilac and Tarver must work together, making a tortuous journey across the eerie, deserted terrain to seek help.

Then, against all odds, Lilac and Tarver find a strange blessing in the tragedy that has thrown them into each other’s arms. Without the hope of a future together in their own world, they begin to wonder—would they be better off staying here forever?

Everything changes when they uncover the truth behind the chilling whispers that haunt their every step. Lilac and Tarver may find a way off this planet. But they won’t be the same people who landed on it.
---
A timeless love story, THESE BROKEN STARS sets into motion a sweeping science fiction series of companion novels. The Starbound Trilogy: Three worlds. Three love stories. One enemy.

Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts) (bookwyrmingthoughts) | 708 comments I read it back in December and enjoyed it! In most cases.

Jennifer | 5 comments I also just read this in January. I enjoyed it. But there was one part that I found odd. I'm looking forward to seeing what others think.

Anny (anny97) I also read this one in December, and it was great! It's now one of my favourite books! :)

Beckie (chikittie) | 23 comments I read this one last month and loved it. :) Everyone should read it!

Ozana Ozzy (barbozzy) | 1 comments I read this one few months back and I I loved it. Hope that would be sequell.

message 7: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - rated it 4 stars

I loved Tarver. This was crazy though and reminded me of Lost. I was so confused about the planet and I'm honestly still kind of confused about the ending. So these were like another species of aliens and they trapped them to harness their powers?

Marybeth (narutofan14) Iam thinking about reading it

Jenea (jeneawhittington) I enjoyed this one. It was a lot better than I expected to be.

Ginny | 2 comments This book looks really interested. I am excited to read it!

Trina (Between Chapters) (trinabetweenchapters) | 12 comments I loved this book! It was one of my favorite reads of 2013. I really loved Lilac, and I hope we get to see more of her and Tarver in the companion novels.

Mariah Wilson | 4 comments Wasn't as good as I was hoping it would be...I thought it kinda dragged

message 13: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yeah it dragged a bit for me but overall I enjoyed it. I just wasn't expecting the entire book to be just the two characters lost on the planet. Made it a bit slow.

Jessica (thebookcellar) | 1 comments I thought it was an original story which is something that sometimes the YA genre is lacking. I loved both characters and I'm happy that the next book in the series is with two new characters! I just finished this book the other day, hopefully I can find enjoyment from Fangirl!

message 15: by Diandra (last edited Feb 16, 2014 10:41AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Diandra Huffman (diandrah) | 1 comments More reviews on Ambrosiabooks.wordpress.com!

Just finished last week or so. I, too, give this book 4.5 stars.

i wish this book was a New Adult book though. The charavter behavior and dialogue were a little too mature, making it hard for me to believe that Lilac was a 16 year old child. If she was 18/19 and Tarver was 21/22, it would have sealed the deal with me.

Loved the character development throughout the story. absolutely beautiful writing! I bought the book on BN.com as soon as I finished it. I have it on my Nook but this one I know I want to reread during the springtime and stare at that gorgeous cover. They have made me a fan of theirs :)

Tracey (addicted_to_reading) i was extremely confused with this book. i only liked Lilac after (view spoiler). Tarver was great though. he was my fav out of the two

message 17: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tracey wrote: "i was extremely confused with this book. i only liked Lilac after [spoilers removed]. Tarver was great though. he was my fav out of the two"

I got pretty confused as well. I still am a little bit with what all was happening on that island and how they were keeping them in that weird vault.