The Wide Web of Friends in YA Books discussion

The Guard (The Selection, #2.5)
This topic is about The Guard
Archives > The Guard

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new) - rated it 1 star

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 8842 comments Mod
What is your opinion of this novella of The Selection!!

julia (julianevergrowup) I almost didn't read The Guard because I really hate Aspen, but I decided to read it anyway a few days ago... and it wasn't entirely awful. Aspen was still annoying - of course - but I now hate him slightly less. (The keyword there is slightly.) But I still HATE the idea of America and Aspen together. He's terrible to America, but he's really nice to her maids. I think Aspen and Lucy will be together in The One since Maxon will *hopefully* choose America.

Darya | 12 comments I'm not a huge fan of Aspen so I definitely was weary of starting a novella that was written entirely in his point of view. However, I surprisingly enjoyed his take on being a palace guard and I kind of pitied how he had to watch his one true love from afar while another suitor was winning her over. It made me appreciate Aspen's character a bit more but it didn't change my overall view over who America should be with.

message 4: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new) - rated it 1 star

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 8842 comments Mod
I really didn't like this book. It was dragging so much and I HATE how he calls her "My girl." No Aspen. No.