March Mamas Read discussion

Spoiler Thread

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christa (new)

Christa (garriscm) | 9 comments Mod
Here's the spoiler thread lol

I really really really wish Isabel wouldn't have died before Lucy-Grace came to see them.

On top of that while I understand Hannah feeling the way she did I feel like they didn't really make her aware of why Isabel did what she did and why Tom went along with it. She may have understood and a different outcome could have happened not joint custody or anything like that but at least more contact between tom, Isabel and Lucy!

message 2: by Becky (new)

Becky Schaffer | 3 comments I agree! I wish Isabel could have seen Lucy again. Or even if her parents could have had a relationship with her. Once I got to part 3 of the book, it was hard to read because I didn't know how I wanted it to end and I was just heartbroken for everyone. I honestly don't know if I would recommend this book to others. The writing was fine, but I don't feel like I really got to know Isabel, other than her wanting to be a mother.

message 3: by Christa (new)

I feel like I understood her but I've also lost a baby so it wasn't hard for me to put myself in her shoes and everything that she was feeling. I said it to SO. If we lived on an island like that and a baby showed up 2 weeks after we lost Elena I probably would have tried to keep her too!

message 4: by Jill (new)

Jill | 4 comments I agree Becky they needed a little more back story for Elizabeth.

While the subject matter was hard for me I did think it was a good book overall. I enjoy books that are based on how life can change based off one decision. I am trying to think of the other book that this reminded me of... It will come to me at three am....

While it is hard to imagine ever just taking a baby... Living alone on an island and having three miscarriages then having a baby show up... would make any woman make brash decisions.

message 5: by Jill (new)

Jill | 4 comments The memory keepers daughter. That is the other book

✨ Ashleigh ✨ | 4 comments I liked the overall story but I don't like how it skipped around a lot.

I feel for Isabel but I could never imagine keeping a baby. I have lost a baby and went a bit crazy when I couldn't get pregnant again but I don't think I couldn't good faith keep one that wasn't mine. I agree with everyone that Lucy-Grace should have seen Isabel before she died. It would have been a nice ending to a sad story.

message 7: by Christa (new)

I think on top of losing three babies. The last it seems like in the 3rd trimester it was living in an isolated place.