Count Down discussion

Residences > Villanueva's Safe House

Comments Showing 1-50 of 139 (139 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla glowered at him, trying to keep up while hobbling along with only one shoe on. She had plenty to say to him, but she didn't want to have to deal with two injuries when she could focus on nursing this one. She swallowed her pain, her lips set in a straight line to keep them from trembling. The garage was dark and she wasn't necessarily sure she could trust Alejandro to guide her properly.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla stumbled into the kitchen, her socked foot sliding a little on the tile floor. She leaned against the counter for some support. She had been hoping she would have to try to ask for help from the woman, that she might just think, "Hey, this girl looks hurt and scared, I should probably see if she's okay." Seeing the look in the woman's gaze though, Lyla quickly realized hope was a lost cause. She couldn't help but wonder, though, if her obedience was partly out of fear. Fear could be manipulated.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla tried to shift most of her weight onto one leg so she wasn't so heavily leaning on the woman. She watched Alejandro leave with narrowed eyes until she could no longer see him, his footsteps receding. Lyla took in the kitchen, absently trying to tug her hands apart, though it was ultimately pointless. Sparing a glance at the woman beside her, she asked quietly, "Why do you listen to him?" She wasn't sure how often she would be left alone with her, so now might be one of her only chances.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla frowned. So they had leverage. How was that fair? "Have you ever thought about going to the police?" she asked. Even if they supposedly didn't allow witnesses, there had to be enough incriminating evidence somewhere. Hell, she was enough evidence, she had been taken against her will. Lyla couldn't just sit here for the rest of her life, however long Alejandro or the people he worked for decided that would be.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla drew in a sharp intake of breath, jerking her ankle away when she touched it. Alejandro knew where she lived. He wouldn't use her own mother against her, would he? Lyla ran the edge of the towel under water from the sink and dabbed away at the dried blood on her palms, ignoring the slight stinging. "Apparently I saw something I shouldn't have," Lyla replied dully.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla reached up, accepting the woman's help. "I'm not going to get out of here, am I?" she asked quietly. She had barely been allowed to live. If he didn't trust her to keep her mouth shut, how would he trust her to live without being supervised? There was nothing riding on her though. If she tried to leave, the only one that would be killed was her.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla forced a tight smile that hardly turned the corners of her lips up. She highly doubted that, but it was good she had someone here who at least tried to be decent to her. "Lyla. What's yours?" she asked. Unfortunately, Lyla got the feeling that this woman may be her only companion.
((Ha, yeah, that escalated quickly. Now tell me who's this Paul?))

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ ((Ooh, I hope you like science?))

Lyla's muscles went tense when Alejandro entered the room. She hated how Maria acted so fearfully, but she couldn't blame her. If her mother's life was hanging in the balance, she would do whatever she could to make him happy. Just the thought of it made her inwardly cringe. She couldn't imagine having to serve him. Being in the same building with him was torture enough.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ ((Ooh, icky. Last Saturday I was stuck at a jazz festival for 14 hours. Considering how much I don't like jazz{it all sounds the same to me}, it wasn't that great))
Lyla looked between Alejandro and the knife with widened eyes. He wouldn't have warned her like that if he was going to hurt her. She didn't trust him by a long shot, but the only thing she could think that he would need a knife for was her hands. Hopefully that was what he wanted to do, because if not it more than likely wouldn't turn out good for her. "Okay," she said quietly.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ ((I hope it was at least a little interesting))
Lyla's lips were set in a permanent frown as she rubbed her red wrists. Of course, she had plenty of questions. Could she open a window without an alarm blaring in her face? Could she go outside at all? She was sure he wouldn't bother answering her questions, but Alejandro didn't even stay around long enough to give her a chance to ask. This place was going to be hell. Lyla looked up at Maria, feeling bad that she was preparing her food that she wasn't even hungry for. "You really don't have to do that. I don't have much of an appetite," she told her.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla glanced around when she said he was always watching. There weren't cameras, were there? As if this place weren't bad enough... Her frown deepened slightly. "The big boss?" she repeated thoughtfully. She mentally did a recap of every conversation she had been involved in with Alejandro. "You mean Villanueva?" she asked. Despite Maria making it clear he was not a good guy, she wanted to see just what made him so bad. There she went with her curiosity again... it was going to get her killed for sure.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla blinked, a little startled by her reaction. It seemed she was right. Looking down at the food in front of her, her stomach turned and contracted. Maybe she could manage to swallow the rice? Picking up the fork, she looked at the food hesitantly. Lyla looked up at Maria. "Do you want some? I don't know if I can eat all of this," she said, shoveling a small amount of the rice onto her fork, trying not to inhale. Stress had never really suited Lyla. At times like this, anything but fresh air made her nauseous.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla wasn't sure how to react. It was good that Maria was being honest with her, she didn't want to fool herself into developing false hope. Her gaze followed Maria as she tended to her injuries, her food still untouched. The woman's gentleness reminded her of her mother and Lyla had to bite her lip to keep it from trembling. She wished her mother was here with her. Then again, she wished her mother never came anywhere near this place. Swallowing the lump in her throat, she answered, "I'm 18. I was out running earlier and I guess I saw something I shouldn't have," she said quietly, turning her attention back to her food. She knew she should eat. She didn't want Maria to get in trouble.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla pressed her lips thin. She hoped her mother hadn't yet noticed her absence. It was still early. The longer she didn't realize Lyla was missing the better. Ignorance is bliss. She looked up sharply when she heard Alejandro's voice. "She is competent. I told her I wanted to finish my food before I went to my room. She didn't do anything wrong," Lyla spouted, not wanting to give Alejandro a reason to harm the older woman.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla took careful breaths, trying to control her emotions. She didn't want to learn her place. She didn't want to follow his orders. She didn't want to be here, but apparently, this was all she would ever have. Looking to Maria, she said, "I'm fine, now. Thank you." Lyla tried to give the woman a reassuring smile, but got the feeling she failed miserably. She didn't want anything to happen to this woman. She was clearly doing the best she could.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla stood, trying to put as much weight on each foot as possible. She wished she could take Maria's advice about not walking, but she doubted Alejandro was going to be of much help, nor would he care to. Lyla may hate pain, but she was tough, or at least she had to be if she wanted to make it through this. She shifted her weight again to give her ankle some relief. She would have to figure out a way to walk efficiently.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ "I'll be fine," Lyla told him stubbornly. She didn't want him getting close enough to touch her. If he was close enough to touch her, he was close enough to hurt her. Lyla couldn't be sure that she knew how to read him anymore and that made him too unpredictable for her liking. Going to "her room" sounded nice right now, some time on her own to process things, even if it was in a virtual prison.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Setting her jaw, Lyla limped after him as fast as she could. Pain flared up her leg, but she forced it away. She eventually came to appoint where she was practically dragging her foot behind her, but she came to stand behind Alejandro next to a doorway. "I take it this is it?" she asked quietly, though it was more of a gasp because she had been holding her breath to keep from crying out.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla stepped into the room to get a better look but immediately regretted it, because with Alejandro still standing behind her, she wasn't sure she would ever be let out. It was about the same size as her own room, but where as this room was closed off and almost utilitarian, her room was breathable and light. This was a prison.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla opened her mouth to ask when he would come back. Not that she was eager to see him again, but she wanted to make sure that she wouldn't be forgotten in here forever. Once he was gone, she sighed, the sound sounding dead in the room. Hobbling forward, she tested the doorknob, not at all surprised to find it locked. Looking around, she debated whether she should use the bed or the shower. Her aching body longed for warm water, so she managed to hop into the bathroom and start the water.
((Go right ahead))

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla was laying on her back on the bed dressed in some new clothes. Her skin was still a little pink from the heat of the shower, but she was quickly cooling off. She had been trying to relax and maybe take a nap but when the sound of whistling met her ears, she sat up with a start. She couldn't afford to be relaxed around Alejandro. It just wasn't smart.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla's pink face went red in horror. "What do you mean someone told you about her? Who are they? What did they say?" she demanded. The past few hours of not being able to ask questions had caught up with her and now she was spouting them like she had no off switch. He couldn't bring her mother into this. The woman already had enough on her hands she didn't need to deal with people like Alejandro on top of it all.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla's stomach churned with each word he spoke, his obvious enjoyment making her feel as if she had drank curdled milk. She stared at him for a long moment at the word "deal". "What kind of deal?" she asked carefully, knowing he was right about her demanding so many answers, but she needed to tread lightly. His colleagues might find him trustworthy, but she sure as hell didn't. It was more likely that any deal wouldn't be worth accepting with him, no matter how tempting, but she needed to know what he had to offer, especially if it involved her mother.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ How well I respond? Lyla thought to herself. How the hell did he want her to respond? "I already told you, I wouldn't say anything. You seriously think involving my mother would make that any different?" she asked skeptically. A shiver went down her spine at his threat. As if this wasn't hard enough to turn down as it was.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla clenched her hands tightly in her lap. It was almost disturbing how easily he could discuss this at any given time. "So I promise not to say a word, then I get to go home, my mom is safe, and I never have to see you again?" she asked, wanting to making sure she was getting this right. It sounded to good to be true. She couldn't leave her mother alone, and the longer she was away, the worse her health would get under stress and emotional trauma.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla swallowed hard, frowning. It wasn't right that he would be getting away from this, something would have to be done, but until she could figure something out that would keep at the very least her mother safe, Lyla nodded. "You have my word," she told him. She didn't look forward to her stay, no matter how brief it was, but he was right, it could have been far worse. She could be dead, or she could have been locked up in this place for the rest of her life. Unfortunately, the damage had probably already been done. By now, her mother would have realized she was missing.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla watched Alejandro for a long moment. "That doesn't change my answer," she said, trying to keep herself as relaxed as possible. He could try to intimidate and threaten her as much as he wanted, but she wouldn't back down, she was too stubborn for that. It wasn't right for him to get away with this. Besides, she wasn't going to act until she was absolutely sure her mother wouldn't be harmed at the very least. She may be stubborn, but she wasn't impulsive.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla forced herself to meet his gaze. She knew he was thinking, but she felt like curling up under the covers and hiding from him. "So do we have a deal?" she asked hesitantly. She hated treading this light, but she could never be too careful now. She needed to get out of here, and if that meant following the rules, she would do it.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla wished she had something to throw at him. "You aren't going to leave me in here, are you?" she asked, trying not to sound too worried. She didn't like feeling so trapped. Her ankle rested in front of her and she wished she had some ice for it, but she doubted he would bother helping her. Lyla decided not to complain, about any of it. The better he thought she was, the sooner she would get out of there.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla felt as if she had been stabbed as she gaped at him. He had seen her mother? "How do you know that?" she demanded. It was a bad enough that her mother was in poor health. Was her new medicine not working? Had she forgotten to take it? Was it too hot out for her? Now she didn't just have to worry about her condition, but her being watched by people like Alejandro? Lyla felt like she was going to be sick.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla forced herself to take deep breaths to keep herself from hyperventilating. If she dwelt on this, she would end up having a full blown panic attack. She would get claustrophobic, and have a hard time breathing, and eventually she would lose any of the food she had managed to stuff down her throat. She wished Alejandro would just leave her in "peace" so she stayed quiet, hoping her silence would push him out the door.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla let herself fall back on the bed. Picking up the single pillow that lay there, she covered her face with it and screamed until she had no breath left. Even now, she refused to cry. Tears would only make her feel even more weak and helpless than she already did. She couldn't believe he had someone watching her mother. She knew Alejandro was low, but this was absolutely malicious.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ ((No worries, it's fine! I'm not entirely sure. Unless we could come up with something eventful to happen for the few days, would you and heather be ready to collaborate yet?))

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ ((That could definitely work. Yeah, just keep me posted if you two are able to do anything. I think it could make for a really interesting rp.))

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ ((Well, I just woke up and my mind is kind of out of ideas at the moment, so Maria's thing will work fine :) ))

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla sat up straight in bed, her eyes open wide when the door practically slammed open. She wanted to cower back when she heard Alejandro's harsh tone and words, but then she realized that it wasn't necessarily directed at her. If he had been angry with her, then he would be killing her, not threatening to. Then what was it that he was so upset about. Her stomach turned as she filled with fear about the unknown and she slid out of bed, her leg almost buckling beneath her when she forgot how little weight her ankle could support. She quickly shifted her weight, making her way over to him. The more she obeyed him, the less likely it would be for him to direct his anger towards her.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla stumbled after him, her ankle throbbing as she struggled to keep up. She didn't know what was happening and she wasn't sure she wanted to know. What could have been so horrible that was making him act like this. Lyla's eyes widened so they nearly fell out of her head at his words. "What?" she gasped before she almost fell down the stairs behind him. He wasn't going to kill someone in front of her was he? She didn't want to see this. She knew not to take his threats lightly, he didn't want him to harm some innocent person just to prove a point.

message 38: by E M M A (new)

E M M A ₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ wrote: "((No worries, it's fine! I'm not entirely sure. Unless we could come up with something eventful to happen for the few days, would you and heather be ready to collaborate yet?))"

((We could collaborate after this!!! ))

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ ((Sounds good! :) ))

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla leaned against the cold wall, her breath caught in her throat. Her eyes filled with tears from the pain in her ankle and for the woman looking so weak before her. This was her fault. She should have never said anything to Maria. It was bad enough that the woman had been forced to work for these people, but Lyla had been selfish enough to drag her into her own problems. "She just wanted to see her family," she whispered. What was so horrible about that. Was Maria just as much a prisoner as she was?

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla's hand went to her mouth to hold in a shocked scream. She flinched every time he struck the poor woman. "I-I understand, just please, stop," she pleaded with him. His anger seemed radiate around the room, feeling so tangible she could almost touch it. If Lyla hadn't been frozen in fear, she would have moved to put herself between Alejandro and Maria. This wasn't right. She was defenseless and already seemed so broken, he was beating the woman for his benefit alone.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla closed her eyes, tears spilling down her pale face. Her voice lost, she slowly nodded her understanding. He just wished he would stop hurting Maria. She wanted all of this to stop. She wanted to go home, she wanted to be able to live her life and help her mother, she wanted Maria to be able to see her family again... She wanted to tell Alejandro that she understood, but she was afraid if she did, he would just try to drive his point home again.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ ((I'm fine with them being friends, I just have a bunch of other questions. I don't know if I could find out by reading her profile or not, but why would Paul bring Adrianna? Would she be there to help? Also, how long would this take? I'm just curious because if Paul just shows up to rescue Lyla, how would a crush develop so quickly. And why would he be rescuing her in the first place? Sorry, I just have a lot of questions ^_^))

message 44: by E M M A (new)

E M M A ((Its okay! Paul is Adrianna's body guard, and can't leave her alone. Of course he'd probably insist that she stay hidden somewhere until he finished his job... Idk in rp time, like 30 min, idk how long it'll take us! Depends on the drama. I don't know, the kind of stupid low at first sight, but we don't hve to! Paul would most likely not crush on er since he doesn't know how to love xD I just suggested all this to cause noise and action, it's COMPLETELY optional! Thought it'd be fun:) she doesn't hve to be rescued, but someone at the LAPD or FBI ha found out Alejandro's location and sent Paul to investigate, and he could stumble upon lyla! Up to you))

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ ((I see... well, I suppose that could all make sense. "Romance" or whatever we would care to call it always adds an interesting dynamic to the rp, so we could always incorporate that. I'm not sure about the love at first sight thing, but if we ever wanted something to develop we could work on that. Lyla doesn't really care for boys, but she can be very curious and persistent. Also if he's a looker, she could just be attracted to him to start with))

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla squeezed her eyes shut. This couldn't be happening. He couldn't just kill Maria. She nodded furiously. She couldn't scream if she wanted to. Her throat was so tight from fear and tears, she could hardly breathe. She wasn't sure what had caused him to back away, but when he disappeared upstairs, it felt like a miracle. Lyla went over to Maria, wanting to help her, but she was to scared to touch her, not sure where she was all hurt.

message 47: by E M M A (new)

E M M A ((A looker? Yeah maybe we could do that! If you didn't want to we could take out that element :) I just am so excited to rp something so dramatic Lols I'm sitting on the couh doing nothing -.-))

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ ((Well, I'm currently sitting in bed doing nothing, so yeah. I don't mind including it :) I'm just not a fan of the whole insta-love. If you're up for working through it, so am I ))

message 49: by E M M A (new)

E M M A (( okay!$)

Paul turned to Adrianna in his seat, his backpack already on. "Are you ready? I'll find somewhere closely for you to hide, like the backyard... And you stay there no matter what, alright?" He whispered, his hand on the door. He honestly hoped there wouldn't be anyone there so he could simply look trough the plac.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Lyla carefully brushed the hair out of Maria's face and she found herself biting back a distressed sob when she saw the woman's swollen eye and busted lip. "I am so sorry," she whispered, oblivious to the tears that continued to slowly course down her face. She wanted to go upstairs to grab the first aid kit from the bathroom, but she was too scared of what Alejandro would do if he caught her.

« previous 1 3