Addicted to YA discussion

Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)
This topic is about Ignite Me
328 views
Series > Ignite Me

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - added it

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5184 comments Mod
What did you think of it?


message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy Jackson | 572 comments I want it so badly! I can't wait to get my hands on it, but I have no idea when that will be!


Laura (blueeyebooks) | 185 comments It was AMAZING. It was delivered to my kindle at midnight last night and I read it in 2 hours! I don't want to spoil anything but I will say that I was extremely happy but also somewhat questioning the ending.


message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I was amazed by how much I loved it. Some of the character progression surprised me in both good and bad ways, but I thought it was incredible.

Like Laura, I question the ending too. There was a satisfying conclusion of sorts, but it also seemed wide open if she decided to continue the series.


Nicki (nickikm) I REALLY liked it and it was so amazing to see Juliette not just whimper and cry every two seconds...

That being said the ending was uneventful for me - the whole book was leading up to a what was supposed to be momentous end but it just fell flat.

(view spoiler)


Alicia Margaret | 2 comments Absolutely loved this book/series. I'm having a very hard time disconnecting myself. I could read them all over again. #TeamWarner


Marga  (margaraawr) | 12 comments I loved this book and the whole series. I am so proud of Juliette here. I love Warner gaaaaaaah And I'm actually a WARNETTE SHIPPER. Guys, you have to read this. Seriously. Like right now.


Becca (beccalostinliterature) | 13 comments I loved this book, what a great ending to an amazing series! I want to read it all over again. The growth of the characters was incredible! I'm telling you that if you have not read this series yet... Do it now!! You will not regret it!!!!


Rachelle (mamachelle07) | 110 comments I loved this! Loved it, loved it, loved it! I have a love/hate relationship with the ending. Normally I like open-ended endings so I can form my own thoughts and ideas. But this time, I just want her to tell me! What happens next?! I hope she chooses to continue this at some point.


message 10: by SAM (last edited Feb 16, 2014 12:41PM) (new) - added it

SAM | 63 comments I liked that Mafi changed up the YA love triangle formula. It was not how I expected things to go but I was ultimately happy with the outcome. I loved Juliette in this book. I hated her in Unravel Me. As Kenji said, all she did was whine, cry and apologize. I love the power and strength and confidence she finds in this last book. I agree with other reviews that have said the battle scenes are too rushed and undeveloped but overall I really liked Ignite Me. P.S. Who is the vaguely familiar blond boy? I know who I think he is but I really wish that question had been answered.


Rachelle (mamachelle07) | 110 comments SAM, who do you think he is? That part kinda bugged me. I felt like it should have been addressed more, but I can't remember anything from the series that matches up (though it has been quite awhile since I read the first 2 books).


message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

^^ Apparenlty he's one of the guys who took Juliette from her cell when she was taken to Warner.


Know what I think this series does a good job highlighting? The inconsistency and weak-willed nature of humans. Allow me to explain:

(THIS POTENTIALLY WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS... SO... YEAH).


During the first book, every single girl was in love with Adam. Everyone. And if you claim that you really didn't like Adam, no, you've always liked Warner, no, Warner has always been the one for you, then you're lying. I'm not saying Adam was that great - he really wasn't all that. But Mafi did an incredible job painting Warner as a despicable human being. So yes. Everyone was rooting for Adam. E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E.

And then, whammo! We find out that (gasp) everything we knew about Warner was wrong! Woe are we, we're so woe; we misunderstood him! He was abused as a child (so was Adam), he hides his feelings (so does Adam), and he has to pretend to be someone he's not (so does Adam).

Now don't get me wrong. I get that Adam had some massive issues in the third book. I get it. I'm not saying that I didn't have those "Go die is a freaking hole, Adam" moments. Oh course I had them. Lots of them. But here's the thing:

Mafi obliterated Adam's character by putting him in a crazy stressful situation, and then made Warner's character seem so (cue hand on the forehead) victimized, and BAM! Every single person who once loved Adam has abandoned him because (gasp!) Warner has intense green eyes and OH, MY, GOODNESS! Warner knows how to make Juliette feel things that (cue cliche) she's never felt before. And NO WAY! Warner (sniffles) actually (sniffles) understands (chin wobbles) Juliette (bursts into inspirational tears).

-.-

Yup. I'm believing that one alright. Have Warner and Juliette endured through the fire of arguments and break-up? Nope. Not as a couple they haven't.

So yes, I just think it's really dumb that once Adam has a jerk-ward moment everyone screams RADIOACTIVE MELTDOWN and abandons ship.

Let me ask you: What will happen when Warner has a severe jerk-ward moment?

(cue screaming and suicidal jumps off of ship USS Warnette)

Just saying.


message 13: by SAM (new) - added it

SAM | 63 comments ^^Eh that's not what I was thinking. That's disappointing but makes more sense. I thought maybe he was another of Anderson's sons. That he resembled Warner a little with his blond hair.


Marga  (margaraawr) | 12 comments LIA, I agree with what you've said. of course we loved Adam at the first book but seriously I loved how Juliette transformed to be something fierce and fearless and Warner was the one who brought that out by pushing get out of her comfort zone. So that was a reason why I changes ship :)


Marga  (margaraawr) | 12 comments changed*


Sabrina (brinasbooks) Rachelle wrote: "I loved this! Loved it, loved it, loved it! I have a love/hate relationship with the ending. Normally I like open-ended endings so I can form my own thoughts and ideas. But this time, I just want h..."

Eww!!! Absolutely not!!! I swear to god if she writes another one I'll cry. It was a satisfactory ending with enough tied off that it's not a cliff hanger, but enough left open that I am still thinking about it. I hate it when authors continue what should've been a finished series. Like in the mortal instruments. The 3rd book should've finished it.


message 17: by M (new) - rated it 5 stars

M (thelasthours) | 28 comments I loved this book!!!! By far my favorite in the trilogy.


message 18: by Fran (new)

Fran | 2 comments I want to check this book out but I'm afraid I will be disappointed. With three kids I have limited reading time so my choices have to be good. I loved the slammed series... How does this compare? Anyone read slammed and can let me know? Thanks!


message 19: by cait (new) - rated it 5 stars

cait (caitlinisakittycat) I actually hated both Adam and Warner initially. I hated Shatter Me and only kept reading the series because my sister insisted. Btw, she was genuinely Team Warner the whole time. She has a thing for bad guys and blondes, so the combo was perfect.

I loved this book. I couldn't stop thinking about it for days afterward. So I bought the series online and am waiting for my Amazon shipment so I can give book 1 a second chance.

That being said, I was disappointed by the ending. It felt really rushed to me and I was craving one more Warner/Juliette moment.


Marga  (margaraawr) | 12 comments Fran wrote: "I want to check this book out but I'm afraid I will be disappointed. With three kids I have limited reading time so my choices have to be good. I loved the slammed series... How does this compare? ..."

Hmm. I loved the Slammed series and that was obviously better than the Shatter Me series. But I loved them both :) It was really hard to compare them because they we're so different from each other.


Kristina | 121 comments Just starting this book and so far am loving it. I'm at the beginning (page 80ish) so (view spoiler). I hope to be done by the end of this week if I can get the time.


message 22: by Riya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Riya | 0 comments Can't wait to start this book! Waiting to get my copy from the library :)


Cynthia Stacey (cynthia_stacey) | 14 comments OMG I absoulutely loved this book. I loved how Juliette grew into her own and became this kick ass badass heroine. I always had a soft spot for Warner, but I admit I was team Adam at first. I liked the ending and how everything was summed up. I don't think there should be a 4th book though. It ended great.


message 24: by Janna (last edited Apr 17, 2014 11:18AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Janna (mzhyde) | 469 comments It was a nice conclusion to the series.
I loved it that Juliette finally stood up for herself, made her own choices and discovered how to control her powers.
As for Adam, I wish we had seen a kind of redemption. I couldn't believe that he just acted like a dick during the whole book ... It was so out of character.
I'm satisfied with the ending, but I expected more. When there were only about 50 pages left I was like: "Omg this can't be true, there are so many things that still have to happen." Even though I'm happy with the ending, I expected a bit more. But it's a nice conclusion and I enjoyed this book a lot.


Laura (blueeyebooks) | 185 comments I agree wholeheartedly with you Janna! I was actually Team Adam in the first two books right up until the end of Unravel Me (for all the novellas too). But then Adam just lost his cool and never got it back. Juliette was right whens he said that your real personality comes out in the worst of things. Adam really did just want a weak girl that he could have the satisfaction of looking after and didn't really have enthusiasm at first for the rebellion. I also really liked how the series followed Juliette's story and not the rebellion's. We saw Juliette transform from a weak little girl into a strong and powerful woman. And then it ends and the rest is left to your imagination. At the end, I was Team Warner all the way and was extremely happy with the ending :D


Mya~Cameron Dallas Is Bae ~❤️ That book was simply AMAZING!!!


Alice (Booksandfreshlybrewedtea) (earthtoalice) i really loved adam at the start! so i'm still alittle sad about him not getting a redemption, not a i'm sorry Juliet for being an ass!

Warner though! oh my! he has worked his way into the fictional boyfriend list!

you know what i loved in this book, Juliet didnt annoy me AT ALL!
and Kenji, i fricken loved him in this book! he was lovely, he was the comic relief when it was needed! ahhhh good conclusion! wheres the epilogue


message 28: by Rae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rae King (abookishgirl4) | 343 comments THE LACK OF EPILOGUE MADE ME WANT TO CLAW MY EYEBALLS OUT!!!

:(

still one of my favorite series, and Warner is one of my top three book boyfriends ;)


Δ|вσω I love it. Read it on a car trip and actually found it off good reads


message 30: by Mary (new)

Mary Martin This series literally changed me!! I read it over 4 months ago and I still haven't got over it! At first, I was all over Adam and I kinda had a love-hate relationship with Warner. But as the series moved on, I was all over Warner. He's just so mysterious and deeper than Adam. And I know that I will always have a place for Adam in my heart, but quite frankly Warner has taken over 90% of it...
O M G. The part where Juliet realizes that her and Warner are meant to be (the Tattoo and Bird stuff)I was like "THIS ALL MAKE FREAKING SENSE!IT ALL FITS TOGETHER! IT WAS MEANT TO BE!!!"
Pahahaaha! I absolutely LOVE Kenji! God, He's soo funny it's unreal! Without him, this series would be really depressing.
This series has left me reading FanFiction! I don't want it to end!!!


Veronica (veronicarao) so many warner feels
(view spoiler)

i really like the way Tahereh Mafi develops a character!


Krista | 149 comments I found and finished this series really quickly. Mostly because it was so good and I HAD to find out what happened. I wish there was more :(


message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Krista wrote: "I found and finished this series really quickly. Mostly because it was so good and I HAD to find out what happened. I wish there was more :("

Awesome!

I Had to Wait For The Second and Third Books to Be Released xD


Krista | 149 comments Ginny ❤️ If We Burn, You Burn With Us! ❤️ wrote: "Krista wrote: "I found and finished this series really quickly. Mostly because it was so good and I HAD to find out what happened. I wish there was more :("

Awesome!

I Had to Wait For The Secon..."



I wish I would have, but at the same time it was nice to be able to read them all. :)


message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Krista wrote: "Ginny ❤️ If We Burn, You Burn With Us! ❤️ wrote: "Krista wrote: "I found and finished this series really quickly. Mostly because it was so good and I HAD to find out what happened. I wish there w..."

Right!


Krista | 149 comments deleted user wrote: "Krista wrote: "Ginny ❤️ If We Burn, You Burn With Us! ❤️ wrote: "Krista wrote: "I found and finished this series really quickly. Mostly because it was so good and I HAD to find out what happened. ..."

That's the struggle of find a series that's already out.


Trinity Dech (trin_dech) | 45 comments I love how in this book there was like a plot twist in it where Aaron and Juliette end up together!


back to top