C. S. Lewis discussion

Most Interesting Pevensie

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by mj (new)

mj (valmj) I was just curious about everyone's thoughts on the Pevensies and which one potentially has the most intriguing story. If C. S. Lewis had decided to write about one of them in particular and how they felt during the stories as well as before and after each book they're featured in, which sibling would you be most interested in reading about?

message 2: by Mary Ann (new)

Mary Ann (maryanstro) | 15 comments Susan....and Peter. I feel know more about Lucy and Edmund.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Jones | 5 comments I would agree, Susan or Peter. I would say Susan, just because being a guy I can imagine pretty well more about Peter.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree, Susan. I'd like to know what happens to her. After all, she's the only one whose story is not resolved after The Last Battle. If it were possible to know more about what happens to all the characters in the Real Narnia after The Last Battle, that would be pretty exciting too, but I don't believe it's possible for anyone to write that story in this life.

message 5: by Ivan (new)

Ivan My heart always went out to Edmund. He was a little boy struggling to find himself. He acted badly, especially to Lucy. But he gets a bad rap for "betrayal." He didn't know she was a witch, she said she was the Queen. She gave him enchanted Turkish Delight which loosed his tongue. He had no way of knowing that seemingly benign information such as having a brother and two sisters, or saying that one of his sister's had been to Narnia before and met a faun, could be used against them. As for leading his siblings to the Witch, one must remember that he was still under the enchantment and could only think of getting more. AND, let us not forget that he's a little boy. Does not our Lord tell us: When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child?

message 6: by June (new)

June I think it would like to know more about Susan. She is the one who at the end of the book seems to disappear. I'm still curious what happened.

message 7: by Mary Ann (new)

Mary Ann (maryanstro) | 15 comments Ah,Ivan, are we not all like Edmund; a slave to sin, bearing its shame until the King sets us free? I feel I know him already since I am like him, yet when I read the story I identify with Lucy.

message 8: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Reay (goodreadscomkatherine_reay) | 2 comments Edmund is by far my favorite -- though Lucy is fantastic -- I would love to know more about him as he takes the most dramatic journey and becomes such a soldier for Aslan. Adore him... Outside the Pevensies, I'd love to get to know Eustace better too -- post dragon, of course.

message 9: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Lieberman I agree wholeheartedly. Eustace is wonderful. The greater the sinner, the greater the saint, just like Edmund.

When Edmund was king, he was called "Edmund the Just" (along with Peter the Great, Lucy the Valiant, and I can't remember poor Susan. Maybe the Beautiful or something.) What would Eustace be called if he became a king?

message 10: by mj (new)

mj (valmj) Daniel wrote: "I agree wholeheartedly. Eustace is wonderful. The greater the sinner, the greater the saint, just like Edmund.

When Edmund was king, he was called "Edmund the Just" (along with Peter the Great, Lu..."

Actually, it was Peter the Magnificent. And Susan was the Gentle.

message 11: by Annisa (new)

Annisa UuU (annisanurisya) Susan

message 12: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 5 comments I'd say Susan, except that she is obviously the character that Lewis is struggling most to empathise with.