Georgette Heyer Fans discussion

Cotillion
This topic is about Cotillion
Group Reads > 2014 Group Read: Cotillion

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Leslie Just a reminder that we are planning on a group read this year. You can vote in the poll here.

How long should we leave the poll going? Right now, Cotillion has a pretty clear lead...

And when should we start the group read - March?

message 2: by HJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

HJ | 948 comments March would be good for me. If we're doing that, we could leave the poll running until shortly before then.

Louise Sparrow (louisex) | 457 comments March sounds good to me too

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1136 comments March works for me. At present, I am involved with two group reads. They should both be over after the first week of. March.

Leslie Sounds like a plan then...

Anne | 265 comments March is perfect! I can't wait :)

Ellen | 87 comments I am really looking forward to it. March is great.

Barbara (sema4dogz) | 427 comments March is great. And thank you for leading , whoever it is .

Jaima | 140 comments March works for me! This should be fun!

Karlyne Landrum | 3895 comments "Remind me", she said!

Maria | 20 comments This will be my first Heyer group read! I can't wait!! March is good for me too :)

message 12: by yingju (new)

yingju casey (yingjucasey) | 19 comments A 2014 group read! I'm excited. Have placed my vote, looking forward to March.

Leslie March has arrived and with it our group read of the poll-winning book Cotillion.

Any suggestions on how to organize this? Do we want a period of spoiler-free discussion for those who might not have read this before, or a reading schedule, or just leave it all open-ended?

Does the above cover look like your book? Mine looks like this: Cotillion by Georgette Heyer

message 14: by Margaret (new)

Margaret | 519 comments Cotillion by Georgette Heyer Cotillion by Georgette Heyer

My current copy looks like the first cover above, but my old paperback that I replaced looked more like the second one.

I would suggest starting multiple threads like they do with the book discussions over on SF & Fantasy: one for "First Impressions, No Spoilers", another for "Finished the Book, Spoilers". That way people can join the appropriate thread when they think they're ready.

message 15: by Anne (last edited Mar 01, 2014 01:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anne | 265 comments I agree with Margaret! I don't want spoilers since I've never read it. Or we could discuss after every 5 chapters or so, as we go along. This is my copy Cotillion by Georgette Heyer . I am so excited to start it!!

Jaima | 140 comments Great idea Margaret!

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1136 comments I have read Cotillion, but I want first time readers to have the same wonderful experience with it that I did!

I'll agree to anything to prevent spoilage!

Leslie Margaret wrote: "...I would suggest starting multiple threads like they do with the book discussions over on SF & Fantasy: one for "First Impressions, No Spoilers", another for "Finished the Book, Spoilers". That way people can join the appropriate thread when they think they're ready."

I liked this suggestion so I set up those two threads. Let the reading commence! :-)

Diana Gotsch | 53 comments I agree spoilers could be a real problem with this book because it is not clear where it is going a first.
I will enjoy see when first time readers realize the nature of the various characters.

Jessica (stress_less_jess) | 32 comments I've read it a number of times, but can't wait to do this as my first group read. :)

Janhavi (janhavi88) | 165 comments Read it many times and just heard the audiobook. Looking forward to the discussions! Its one of my favourites. The audiobook is great, by the way.