Delirity discussion

Author W-Z > Sabina Kane - J. Wells

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Sorry, I thought I had this one posted already.

message 3: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Names wrong. Sabina Kane :)

message 4: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Ill list what I have read so far in this universe.
Red-Headed Stepchild
The Mage in Black
Violet Tendencies
Green-Eyed Demon Own not read
Silver-Tongued Devil Own not read
Blue-Blooded Vamp Own not read
Rusted Veins not read

My favorite this far would have to be The Mage in Black though the half book Violet tendencies was very entertaining.

message 5: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I liked these ones. I'm interested to see how her new series compares.

message 6: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments The new series is supposed to be alot different more along the lines of Dresden from what I understand. Main lady is a cop that gets thrown into paranormal things. But I have'nt started her new series though I did buy the first book as soon as I heard she had one out.

I like this author and I also love that she is trying to be an even better writer. Its something I can look up to as a writer myself who is back in school. I have all her books in e format but I noticed at the bookstore that she has moved up to trade paperback status. WOOT WOOT.

message 7: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments That is good to know. I have the book, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

message 8: by Heather (new)

Sorry, I knew that. I went to write Sabrina, and then deleted the wrong letter when I thought twice about the name.

message 9: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments lol its okay I kept calling her sabrina anyway when I first started reading it. Its an easy thing to miss.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments I keep calling her Sabine! See, I miss seeing who gets upgraded in the book stores. ;_;

I'm really diggin Red-Headed Stepchild. I can see why the series got left behind in the mad dash to Estep's book.

It's a bit predictable so far, but a lot of fun!

message 11: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments I've tried Estep didn't care for the main character. maybe because I read these first? but I will return to the spider.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Gin AKA the Spider. I liked that she felt more real. I've read a lot of assassin titles and I like it when they're dark and gritty.

message 13: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments I like sabina and her pals she meets along the way because although they are dealing with harsh circumstances they still joke around to lighten the mood. It reminds me of real life like an example I was watching Entertainment tonight or something and they were interviewing a past heroine addict.
Although they were talking about the lowest point of their lives they snickered or had a slight smile on their faces although they're eyes were very serious and watery.

Sometimes you gotta smile to keep from crying. Sometimes you need that distraction to keep you going or you'll drown. In the middle of a very serious situation all of a sudden Sabina or (view spoiler) will say something so crazy it lessens the tension for just a little while.

I didn't get far enough into Spider's Bite to see if she does anything like that.

message 14: by Whitney (last edited Feb 04, 2014 08:29PM) (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments by the way that spoiler is a character that I'm not sure if they show up in the end of book one or the beginning of book two so be warned. lol

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments There's plenty of humor, which is one of the reasons I love the series.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Don't worry I didn't click it.

message 17: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments yes! I really want to get into that series so thats great to hear. I also want to get into the downside ghosts series. I own the first two.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Downside Ghosts is one I've been meaning to get to for ages! Keep hearing such wonderful things about them.

message 19: by Heather (new)

Couldn't stand d.g. I liked this series, but found myself caring less and less as it went on.

message 20: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments I'm interested in the banter lol. Keeps me going.

message 21: by Chanin (new)

Chanin Malley | 1 comments Heather wrote: "Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1) by Jaye WellsThe Mage in Black (Sabina Kane, #2) by Jaye WellsGreen-Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane, #3) by Jaye WellsSilver-Tongued Devil (Sabina Kane, #4) by Jaye WellsBlue-Blooded Vamp (Sabina Kane, #5) by Jaye Wells
I love this series so much actually i love all of this authors books swoon doesnt do it justice

message 22: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Chanin wrote: "Heather wrote: "Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1) by Jaye WellsThe Mage in Black (Sabina Kane, #2) by Jaye WellsGreen-Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane, #3) by Jaye WellsSilver-Tongued Devil (Sabina Kane, #4) by Jaye Wells[bookcover:Blue-Blooded Vam..."

I like everything I've read from her so far. :)

message 23: by Cassie Cruel (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 80 comments Loved this series, so sad it didn't carry on, may re-read soon