Delirity discussion

Author C > Prince of Shadows - R. Caine

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Prince of Shadows by Rachel Caine

message 2: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Has anyone read this one? I'm not sure if I want to, this author is hit or miss for me.

message 3: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Never heard of it.

message 4: by Heather (new)

It came out today.

message 5: by Heather (new)

Reviews seem to fall between 2 and 5 stars with most being 4's, but there aren't 100's of reviews yet.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments I'm really nervous about this one . . .

Usually I like Caine's stuff. But this one just makes me fear it.

message 7: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments When I saw that it was yet ANOTHER romeo and Juliette retelling i was kinda like oooheh. that has just been done to death.

message 8: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Chakara wrote: "When I saw that it was yet ANOTHER romeo and Juliette retelling i was kinda like oooheh. that has just been done to death."

Those were my thoughts too. lol

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments HOnestly I've never been a fan of Romeo and Juliette. It's probably one of the more stupid love stories then tragic.

message 10: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 172 comments I just finished this and enjoyed it. I didn't realize it was a retelling when I picked it up. It is all told from Benvolio's perspective and while Romeo and Juliette certainly play a part, this was not their story. I liked to see where this story intersected with the original Shakespeare story though; it seemed to lend insight and background to the play and why people reacted the way they did. You don't start overlapping time with the play until around page 150 with the "do you bite your thumb at me sir?" exchange. It also doesn't romanticize Romeo and Juliette's actions. I was glad I read it.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments So did it have fantasy aspects? Or was it just a retelling.

message 12: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 172 comments Only very minimally in the form of a curse. "A plague on both your houses"