2014 Hub Reading Challenge discussion

Branded by the Pink Triangle
This topic is about Branded by the Pink Triangle
Stonewall Award > Branded by the Pink Triangle

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jenni Frencham (jennifrencham) I really enjoyed this book. I remember being fascinated (in a horrified way, I guess) by the Holocaust when I first learned about it. This book reminded me of Rose Under Fire because it told the story of one of the minority groups persecuted by the Nazis.

Kelly (onesmartcupcake) | 2 comments Just finished this one tonight and I'm so glad the challenge pushed me to read this one. I'm often guilty of missing out on some the excellent nonfiction titles but this year I'm trying to remedy that. This is a solid treatment of an all too often forgotten aspect of the Holocaust. I like the use of specific individual profiles to illustrate the varied experience of gay men under the Nazi regime and I especially appreciate that Setterington devotes the last few chapters to the continued discrimination and abuse suffered by the survivors and the eventual push for their deserved recognition and remembrance.

Ariel Birdoff (madam_pince) | 19 comments Just finished it. It was a great complement to ROSE UNDER FIRE. Most of the Holocaust books I have read were about Jewish people and their suffering. Reading about homosexual suffering under Nazi rule was horrifying and informative. Glad I got the chance to read this.

Lee-ann | 16 comments I just finished this last week, in a day. history class doesn't teach homosexual persecution by the Nazis and I think this book is very important because it highlights overlooked groups of "undesirables"