The Challenge Factory discussion

♦SSS Archives♦ > R2: SSS Route Sixty-Sixers

Comments Showing 1-50 of 219 (219 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Jenne (last edited Mar 12, 2014 07:38AM) (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Captain: Paris
Wanda
Paris
Hina
Jennifer ♔Princess Penguin♔

Free Pass

message 2: by Jenne (last edited Feb 06, 2014 07:45PM) (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Dice Roll (1 die on Thursdays & Sundays US Central Time)
Time Zone Converter
Post Your Spot
Spreadsheet

message 3: by Jenne (last edited Mar 18, 2014 07:30AM) (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments  photo 46de6706-f0fc-4177-b150-a4c10be59e08_zps8ba9c9ce.jpg

The alternates:
Each number corresponds with the spot on the board.
For colors: The cover has to be at least 50%
For locations: As long as the book takes part at all in the given location .
For Shelves: Any book on the given shelf
For Publication Years: I'll be using how GR has it's publication date listed.
For Authors Names: The first, middle, or last name of the author is ok.
For Titles: Only the first word of the title. A, An, And, and The do not count.
So if the letter is B: The Best Day would be ok. Dear Betty would not be ok.

1. Location: China
2. Author: K
3. Color: Green
4. 2005
5. Maybe
6. Title: H
7. Location: Arizona
8. Author: P
9. Color: White
10. 2010
11. 4-Stars
12. Title: B
13. Location: France
14. Author: E
15. Color: Blue
16. 2003
17. loved
18. Title: N
19. Location: Texas
20. Author: G
21. Color: Purple
22. 2012
23. lendable
24. Title: W
25. Location: Kansas
26. Author: S
27. Color: Pink
28. 2004
29. bookclub
30. Title: C
31. Location: New York
32. Author: A
33. Color: Black
34. 2013
35. hardcover
36. Title: D
37. Location: Italy
38. Author: R
39. Color: Yellow
40. 2007
41. audio
42. Title: K
43. Location: Oregon
44. Author: L
45. Color: Red
46. 2009
47. purchased
48. Title: M
49. Location: England
50. Author: J
51. Color: Gray/Silver
52. 2002
53. started
54. Title: R
55. Location: Florida
56. Author: F
57. Color: Orange
58. 2008
59. keepers
60. Title: P
61. Location: South America
62. Author: C
63. Color: Green
64. 2011
65. reviews
66. Title: E
67. Location: California
68. Author: T
69. Color: Red
70. 2012
71. stand-alones
72. Title: S
73. Location: Russia
74. Author: W
75. Color: White
(view spoiler)

message 4: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Hello team! I'll start trying to think of team names for us, although I'm not all that great at it. Also, I can be captain if no one else wants to do it. I'm excited to get playing!

message 5: by Hina (last edited Feb 04, 2014 06:16PM) (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 514 comments Hi Team!

This is my first time playing, although I have been meaning to play for a while, but just kept passing up the deadlines. I am excited to get to know you guys. So are we starting this Thursday or Sunday?

message 6: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments We are starting on Sunday the 9th. Glad you could join up this time Hina!

message 7: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Team Name Ideas:

Rowdy Readers
Rebel Readers
Speedy Six

Okay that's all I got right now. Anyone else have any thoughts on our team name?

message 8: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 344 comments How about Route Sixty-Sixers

message 9: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments I like that Wanda. What does everyone else think?

message 10: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Game starts tomorrow ladies. We are still missing Maddison and we need to pick a team name and captain. Do any of you want to be captain or am I going to do it?

message 11: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments She's been over at the discussion thread, go ahead and send her a pm.

message 12: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments I was just going to check to see if she's been around. Thanks Jenne!

message 13: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 3687 comments So sorry guys! :o But I'm in so many groups and sometimes I forget to add threads to my favorites. I'm not too keen to be team leader because school's just started back and I'll most likely forget sorry. XD

And can we not read the series number anymore? It's just the list you posted, Jenne?

message 14: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Maddison, you can read the series number that coincides with the spot we land on, or the alternate from the list.

Looks like I'm gonna be captain then. I am on Pacific time, so I should be able to roll for our spot before I go to bed. I'll post where we are and what our options are for the roll.

Do we want to go with Route Sixty-Sixers for our team name?

message 15: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 344 comments Unless anyone objects to the name before you roll, I think it would be okay to use it. Anyone else want to comment? I would like the group to have a name.

message 16: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Well, we don't have a name yet since we haven't heard from everyone, but I did roll tonight and this is what we got.

I rolled a 4 and we are now on spot 4. You can read the 4th book in a series or a book published in 2005.

message 17: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Just a reminder ladies:

Teams can earn a free pass to roll once your team has finished their reviews a day early. The free pass will let you roll once if you have missing reviews.

message 18: by Hina (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 514 comments the team name works for me.

message 19: by Wanda (last edited Feb 12, 2014 05:11PM) (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 344 comments I chose the option #4 in a series.
The Prophet: Amos by Francine Rivers

I have finished The Prophet Amos (Sons of Encouragement, #4) by Francine Rivers and my review is listed below.

Wanda's Review

message 20: by Paris (last edited Feb 10, 2014 09:22PM) (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments I am reading Living Dangerously (Adrenaline Highs, #4) by Dee J. Adams by Dee Adams which is book 4 in the series.

message 21: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Spot 4

Living Dangerously (Adrenaline Highs, #4) by Dee J. Adams by Dee Adams
Rating: 2 stars
Finished: 2/10/14

Ugh, this book really didn't impress me at all. This was supposed to be romantic suspense and the blurb made it sound decent enough that I thought it would be great. But it was a hot mess from top to bottom and really was so close to getting a 1 star review from me.

First, neither of the main characters were really all that great. I never connected to either of them. Never really cared that they were in danger and the sexy times...ehhh, not that sexy to me. Second, the suspense part, not that suspenseful. I immediately knew who the bad guy was, however there is a pretty nice twist that is the sole reason this got a two star rating instead of one. The twist was interesting and I didn't really see it coming, although given the whole picture, I probably should have. Third, the climax where this twist was revealed was so much like a really bad c level action flick that I groaned while reading it.

The book really seemed to drag a lot and I found myself wanting to skim and skip ahead far more than is good. If I didn't need to finish this for a challenge, I would have given up, even if it was a book I received from Netgalley.

message 22: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 344 comments I posted a link to my review in message #18.

message 23: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Thanks Wanda.

Hey Hina and Maddison, how are your books coming? I can't roll tonight since your reviews aren't posted, but I'll check in the morning and try to roll before work if y'all have your reviews posted.

message 24: by Paris (last edited Feb 15, 2014 08:44PM) (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Roll 1: 4
Spot: 4

Wanda: The Prophet Amos (Sons of Encouragement, #4) by Francine Rivers Review
Paris: Living Dangerously (Adrenaline Highs, #4) by Dee J. Adams Review
Hina: Comanche Magic (Comanche, #4) by Catherine Anderson Review
Maddison: Chinatown Girl the diary of Silvey Chan, Auckland, 1942  by Eva Wong Ng Review

message 25: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Has Maddison not checked in since the roll?

message 26: by Hina (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 514 comments Paris wrote: "Thanks Wanda.

Hey Hina and Maddison, how are your books coming? I can't roll tonight since your reviews aren't posted, but I'll check in the morning and try to roll before work if y'all have your ..."

Paris wrote: "Thanks Wanda.

Hey Hina and Maddison, how are your books coming? I can't roll tonight since your reviews aren't posted, but I'll check in the morning and try to roll before work if y'all have your ..."

I should post my review within the hour...sorry I am all over the place. My dad had surgery over the weekend and we just got back home last night. I haven't got a chance to post yet.

message 27: by Paris (last edited Feb 13, 2014 09:20AM) (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Jenne wrote: "Has Maddison not checked in since the roll?"

Nope. I was going to see if she responded this morning and then PM her. (PM has been sent)

Hina, sorry about your dad. I hope he's doing well. I'll try to check in again from work.

message 28: by Hina (last edited Feb 13, 2014 11:22AM) (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 514 comments Week 1: Spot 4

Book:
Comanche Magic by Catherine Anderson.
Read: 2/12/14
Rating: 5 Stars

Review:

This is the 4th and final book of the Comanche series. The book is about Chase Wolf, Hunter Wolf's son. I really loved the first book in the series and had great expectations for the last book. The beginning I was kind of disappointed the way he treated the heroine, Franny. But he came around and really won me over as he kept perusing Franny. It is a tear jerker, especially when you find out about Franny's past and her present. This book is kind of depressing with Franny's past, and how Chase is treated for being a half comanche and half white, but it is so very well written, that I couldn't put it down or stop crying, but its so worth reading.

message 29: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 3687 comments I'm really sorry I haven't been on! Can I still read the book or am I too late and do I skip this roll?

message 30: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Maddison when you don't get your book done on time it hurts the team. It causes the team to lose a turn. Now missing one roll isn't the end of the world, the team that one last time missed a turn in fact but it does cost you a move. Paris is going to go ahead and roll because I feel partially responsible for not catching that you hadn't posted since the roll and that maybe I didn't explain the game good enough. Now the downside to this is that y'all lost an entire day of reading yesterday.

message 31: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Okay team, I rolled another 4 so we are on spot 8. You need to read the 8th book in a series or the alternative is an author with the first, last or middle name that starts with P.

Sorry ladies that we are now behind a day. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

Maddison, please post your other book review ASAP.

message 32: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 344 comments I will be reading the 8th book in a series.Uncommon Clay by Margaret Maron

Uncommon Clay (Deborah Knott Mysteries, #8) by Margaret Maron

message 33: by Maddie (last edited Feb 14, 2014 12:02PM) (new)

message 34: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 3687 comments I'll be reading the 8th book in the Conspiracy 365 series, August (Conspiracy 365 #8) by Gabrielle Lord (August). I will read that one now and finish it today.

message 35: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments I'll be reading Catching Heat by Alison Packard by Alison Packard.

message 36: by Maddie (last edited Feb 14, 2014 09:39PM) (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 3687 comments Week 2
Spot 8

Book: August
Read: 15/2/13
Rating: 3/5

My review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 37: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 344 comments Spot 8

Book: Uncommon Clay (Deborah Knott Mysteries, #8) by Margaret Maron by Margaret Maron
Read:2/14/14
Rating: ****

Review

message 38: by Hina (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 514 comments I started a book by Penny Jordan, but it just occurred to me if there is a page minimum. I think this is one I am reading is 192 pages. Let me know I can just start another book.

message 39: by Hina (last edited Feb 15, 2014 09:55AM) (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 514 comments Lol...never mind...just saw it for 150 pages is a minimum. Should have remembered to read the other thread again. I will post my review late today.

message 40: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Glad you can finish that book Hina. The page minimum thing always throws me too.

I finished my book last night, just have to write my review. Looks like we are getting into the groove team!

message 41: by Hina (last edited Feb 15, 2014 07:11PM) (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 514 comments Week 2: Spot 8

Book: The Demetrios Virgin (Greek Tycoons) (Harlequin Presents, 2169) by Penny Jordan The Demetrios Virgin (Greek Tycoons) by Penny Jordan.
Date Read: 2/15/14
Rating: 4 Stars (3.5 Stars)

Review:
Usually, Harlequin Presents are a hit and miss. This one turned out to be very good. Andreas to appease his grandfather demand to marry his second cousin, pretends to be in a relationship with our heroine, Saskia through blackmail (of course!). Andreas think Saskia is a loose woman, because of how they met in the beginning. The story is very typical of a Harlequin, and I would have only given it 3 stars. Reasons being that the heroine was pretty much did not have a backbone most of the time. She did not stand up to Andreas second cousin who was always insulting her or very much to the hero. I loved the hero though, because whatever he might think of Saskia, he did his best to protect her from the insults. And that is why I added anther half star to my rating. I am a sucker for good heroes in a Harlequin.

message 42: by Paris (last edited Feb 15, 2014 09:48PM) (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Roll 2: 4
Spot: 8

Wanda: Uncommon Clay (Deborah Knott Mysteries, #8) by Margaret Maron Review
Paris: Catching Heat by Alison Packard Review
Hina: The Demetrios Virgin (Greek Tycoons) (Harlequin Presents, 2169) by Penny Jordan Review
Maddison: August (Conspiracy 365 #8) by Gabrielle Lord Review

message 43: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Roll 2: Spot 8
Author Name P

Catching Heat by Alison Packard by Alison Packard
Rating: 5 Stars
Finished: 2/14/14

After three books and a novella, it is safe to say that I love Alison Packard’s work. She creates extremely relatable characters that I can’t help but fall in love with. I always find it difficult to put her books down because I can’t wait to find out how things work out. I love how all of the books, so far, have tied together and I look forward to delving further into the newly titled series because I am definitely “Feeling the Heat”.

In Catching Heat, we finally get J.T and Angie’s story. It was easy to see in The Winning Season, that there was something between them. I really loved the way things played out in this book and how the motivations of both characters were revealed. I felt horrible for Angie and it was really easy to see why she had her hang-ups regarding baseball players. J.T. was utterly perfect, although with a tiny hiccup towards the end. He’s definitely got what it takes to be a tremendous book boyfriend.

There were so many possible set-ups for the next book in this one. Could it be Jake and Melissa or maybe Livvie and Josh? Or maybe older brother Justin will find a lady to fix him? Personally, I’m crossing my fingers for Jake and Melissa first. I loved him in this book and she seems great too. Whoever is the subject of the next book, I know that I’m going to love it.

message 44: by Paris (last edited Feb 20, 2014 09:57AM) (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Roll 3: 1
Spot: 9

Wanda: The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty Review
Paris: The Unidentified Redhead (Redhead, #1) by Alice Clayton Review
Hina: Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3) by Catherine Bybee Review
Maddison: Anastasia A Russian Grand Duchess's Diary, 1914 by Carolyn Meyer Review

message 45: by Paris (last edited Feb 15, 2014 10:11PM) (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Tonight I rolled a 1 and we are now on spot 9. You can read book 9 in a series or a book with a white cover. The cover has to be at least 50% white.

message 46: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 344 comments I need some input. I would like to read this for 'white cover'. Do you think the cover is 50% white?

My Cheeky Angel (Angels with Attitude, #1) by Mimi Barbour

message 47: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Wanda it looks white enough to me.

message 48: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 344 comments Thanks if not then I just found a #9 book that I forgot I had

message 49: by Hina (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 514 comments I am going to read Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3) by Catherine Bybee for a white cover.

message 50: by Paris (last edited Feb 16, 2014 02:40PM) (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments I'm going to read one of these... A Comedy of Erinn by Celia Bonaduce Love's Second Chance (Second Chances, #1) by L.P. Dover The Unidentified Redhead (Redhead, #1) by Alice Clayton

« previous 1 3 4 5