Adventures in SciFi Publishing discussion

Review Requests > Horror Books to Review

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Ward (timothycward) | 49 comments Mod
Please post your review requests as a reply to this thread. Include a brief synopsis, a link to your book on Goodreads or another website (preferably both), what formats you have available (including print), and a max of one blurb.

message 2: by Mikhail (new)

Mikhail Lerma (MLerma) | 1 comments Hello! Please consider my book for review. It was just recently re-released with Permuted Press.

Blood on the Sand (Z Plan #1) by Mikhail Lerma Z Plan:Blood on the Sand by Mikhail Lerma

Cale was sent to Iraq with the usual thoughts any Soldier going to war might have; being lonely away from his family, not wanting to take another human's life, and above all, the fear of never returning home. Although well trained, nothing could have prepared him for the horror he was about to face.

Cale never thought the thing that could keep him from ever seeing his wife and daughter again would be a zombie apocalypse. As he and a handful of fellow Soldiers escape their base after a massive zombie attack, becoming deserters in order to survive, he begins the long and unexpected journey home through the harsh terrain of the desert; a barren landscape now swarming with not only undead cannibals, but also the enemy he was originally sent to fight.

The newly formed group plans to travel west, find a boat and maybe, with a bit of luck, make it back to America. Cale is tested beyond his imagination and brought to the brink of insanity as he loses friends while fighting the flesh eating masses. He risks his life for weeks, focused on holding his wife and daughter in his arms again. It seems all hope is lost when he finds himself alone and adrift at sea ... but is hope really lost?

Inspired by my experiences as a U.S. Army Soldier in Iraq, BLOOD ON THE SAND delves into the idea of not just surviving a zombie apocalypse but making the seemingly impossible trek home. It is the first book in the Z PLAN series.

Available for ebook, and will be in print soon.
www.mikhaillerma.com

message 3: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Kozeniewski | 4 comments Braineater Jones by Stephen Kozeniewski

Braineater Jones by Stephen Kozeniewski

SYNOPSIS

Braineater Jones wakes up face down in a swimming pool with no memory of his former life, how he died, or why he’s now a zombie. With a smart-aleck severed head as a partner, Jones descends into the undead ghetto to solve his own murder.

But Jones’s investigation is complicated by his crippling addiction to human flesh. Like all walking corpses, he discovers that only a stiff drink can soothe his cravings. Unfortunately, finding liquor during Prohibition is costly and dangerous. From his Mason jar, the cantankerous Old Man rules the only speakeasy in the city that caters to the postmortem crowd.

As the booze, blood, and clues coagulate, Jones gets closer to discovering the identity of his killer and the secrets behind the city’s stranglehold on liquid spirits. Death couldn’t stop him, but if the liquor dries up, the entire city will be plunged into an orgy of cannibalism.

Cracking this case is a tall order. Braineater Jones won’t get out alive, but if he plays his cards right, he might manage to salvage the last scraps of his humanity.

LINKS

GoodReads

Amazon

Available for purchase in .mobi (Kindle) or print formats. Also available for reviewers in .pdf and .epub (Nook) formats.

message 4: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Kozeniewski | 4 comments The Ghoul Archipelago by Stephen Kozeniewski

The Ghoul Archipelago by Stephen Kozeniewski

SYNOPSIS:

After ravenous corpses topple society and consume most of the world’s population, freighter captain Henk Martigan is shocked to receive a distress call. Eighty survivors beg him to whisk them away to the relative safety of the South Pacific. Martigan wants to help, but to rescue anyone he must first pass through the nightmare backwater of the Curien island chain.

A power struggle is brewing in the Curiens. On one side, the billionaire inventor of the mind-control collar seeks to squeeze all the profit he can out of the apocalypse. Opposing him is the charismatic leader of a ghoul-worshipping cargo cult. When a lunatic warlord berths an aircraft carrier off the coast and stakes his own claim on the islands, the stage is set for a bloody showdown.

To save the remnants of humanity (and himself), Captain Martigan must defeat all three of his ruthless new foes and brave the gruesome horrors of...THE GHOUL ARCHIPELAGO.

LINKS:

Goodreads
Amazon

AVAILABLE FORMATS:

Available for review in .pdf, .mobi, and .epub.
Available for sale in .mobi and paperback.

BLURB:

"There is plenty of blood, and guts, violence and despair. It is not a novel you will read fast, but it is a story you will remember for a long time."
- Phillip Tomasso III, author of BLOOD RIVER and the VACCINATION Series

message 5: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Kozeniewski | 4 comments At Hell's Gates by Devan Sagliani
At Hell's Gates by Devan Sagliani, Jacqueline Druga, Paul Mannering, et al.

SYNOPSIS:

When evil overflows from the deepest, fiery pits, the battle will be At Hell’s Gates…Whether you are a zombie aficionado, or you feed on horror, there is something for everyone. We've summoned some of the top Zompoc authors, masters in horror, and even some new talent to strike fear into even the most jaded soul. Dare you look, let alone approach, the dreaded gates?

Each skillfully crafted vignette showcases previously created worlds in the individual author’s works. If you've ever yearned for more back story or ached to learn what happened to a peripheral character; your wait is over. But, as they say, “Be careful what you wish for”. Once it has been seen, you cannot go back. And once infected; there is no cure.

This collaboration is in honor of the brave men and women in our Armed Services who willingly lay down their lives for our freedom. Words could not possibly express our undying gratitude, so we have banded together, doing what we do best, to show our appreciation. All proceeds from the sale of this anthology will go to The Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund, a non-profit organization whose sole purpose is to serve wounded soldiers and their families. This is for you, those who have truly been…At Hell’s Gates.

LINKS:

Goodreads
Amazon
Smashwords

AVAILABLE FORMATS:

Available for review in .pdf, .mobi, .epub, .lrf, and .pdb.
Available for sale in .pdf, .mobi, .epub, .lrf, .pdb, and paperback.

BLURB:

"Well done authors of AT HELL'S GATES. I just about had to change my sheets."
- Heather Glick

message 6: by Kat (last edited Oct 14, 2015 12:14PM) (new)

Kat Rocha | 1 comments Hello,
Last July, Jared Cooper of AiSFP reviewed our Lovecraft inspired anthology entitled Whispers from the Abyss. Now, the latest volume in the series has been unleashed just in time for Halloween.

Whispers From The Abyss 2: The horrors that were and shall be.
Whispers from the Abyss 2: The Horrors That Are and Shall Be

The WHISPERS FROM THE ABYSS anthology series returns with more H.P. Lovecraft-inspired fiction created for readers on the go. Contained within are 25 spine-chilling tales collected by Kat Rocha. Featuring stories by Laird Barron (The Imago Sequence), Cody Goodfellow (Spore), Greg Stolze (Delta Green), A.C. Wise (Future Lovecraft), John Palisano (Dust of the Dead), John C. Foster (Dead Men), Orrin Grey (Painted Monsters & Other Strange Beasts), Dennis Detwiller (Delta Green), Chad Fifer (The H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast), Konstantine Paradise (Coven), and many more. Now come, begin your slow descent into madness…

Table of Contents
Michele Brittany :: Foreward
A.C. Wise :: We Are Not These Bodies, Strung Between the Stars
John C. Foster :: His Carnivorous Regard
Orrin Grey :: The Labyrinth of Sleep
Nathan Wunner :: Death May Die
Dennis Detwiller :: Knot
Jonathan Sharp :: Skoptsy
Cody Goodfellow :: Red America
Ferrett Steinmet :: Shadow Transit
Deborah Walker :: Baby Rhyme Time
Tom Pinchuk :: Nyarlathotep’s Way
Laird Barron :: Strident Caller
John Palisano :: Lucky Chuck Takes the Sunshine Express
Michael Hudson :: Five Minutes or Less
Chad Fifer :: The Baby Downstairs
Robert Stahl :: Gifts
Joel Enos :: Now We are Nine
Samuel Poots :: The Great Old Thing in the Fridge
Marc E. Fitch :: God Does Damn the Mind
Greg Stolze :: In the Light
Richard Lee Byers :: Kickstarter
David Busboom :: The Vindication of Y’ha-Nthlei
Konstantine Paradise :: Echoes in Porcelain
Sarah Hans :: Shadows of the Darkest Jade
Hunter James Martin :: The Dreadful Machine
Kevin Wetmore :: Notebook Concerning the Class Struggle in Dunwich, Found in the Ruins of a Construction Site

Review copies are available in .pdf, .mobi, and .docx formats.

Please contact me if you are interested in interviewing the editor or any of the contributing authors.

More information can be found at
www.01publishing.com
www.whispersfromtheabyss.com
Goodreads
Amazon

Thank you for your time.

--
-Kat Rocha
Owner / Editor-in-Chief
www.01publishing.com

message 7: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Davis | 3 comments Hello,

I hope you will consider reviewing my book "Werewolves: A Hunter's Guide" (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...) from Osprey Publishing's Dark Osprey line.

Using werewolf lore from Greek myth to Hollywood movies, the book identifies five distinct types of European werewolf and traces their history, creating a systemless game setting or just an entertaining read. It also briefly considers shapechangers from other cultures, such as Native American skinwalkers and Japanese hengeyokai. Written in a nonfiction voice, it is a mix of deeply researched lore and original fiction.

More information on this and my other work currently in print can be found at https://graemedavis.wordpress.com/my-...

Many thanks,

Graeme Davis

message 8: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Strange (jsstrange) | 1 comments Hi,

Is there any chance you could review my debut novel, being published on the 18th April? It would be great to get reviews now on blogs, Good Reads etc, but would also really appreciate a review on Amazon when the release day comes.

It will be available in both ebook and paperback through Amazon. It's a zombie apocalypse story.

Synopsis:
A story of survival trust and fear.

The first in the series, Winter Smith is ripped from a rich lifestyle and forced to survive...

The zombie virus has torn through the world, and Winter and a group of survivors must get to the Thames

Winter deals with the loss of her parents, the harsh reality of promised safety, and learns that not everyone can be trusted...

There will be more to come with the Winter Smith novels.

Hope you don't mind if I post a link:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Winter-Smith-...

Feel free to add me, too! I'd like to get to know fellow writers!

http://www.facebook.com/JackSamuelStr...
http://www.twitter.com/JackSamStrange

message 9: by David (new)

David Edwards | 1 comments Given your site's reputation for quality reviews, I'm hereby submitting the newest book in my Nightscape series of supernatural thrillers for your consideration. Here are the deets...

Title: Nightscape Double Feature No. 1

Synopsis: This book features two pulp-inspired novels of wartime action, horror and mystery.

The first novel, The Thousand-Eyed Fear, follows a ragtag squad of teen soldiers on their WW1 mission to infiltrate a secret German research facility and destroy the prototype for an advanced tank. They discover much more than their military intelligence led them to believe, however, and must find new strengths within themselves if they’re to stop the Kaiser from gaining an unstoppable supernatural power. This story was written by genre veteran Derrick Ferguson in collaboration with me.

The companion novel, The Q for Damnation, deals with the unexpected consequences of the first. On the eve of WW2, France’s masked vigilante-detective, Monteau, must solve the murder of a longtime friend—and fast!—in order to prevent the Nazis from obtaining a work of art that could grant them control of every mind on earth. She relies on a unique combination of combat skills and surrealist art techniques in her desperate attempt to save a world on the brink. This story marks the publishing debut of Arlen M. Todd (one of my pseudonyms).

The book is the first entry in a new series of literary pulps set in my Nightscape universe. Tom Holland of Pulp Den gave it a "highly recommended" rating.

Due to a number of typographic tricks in the second story, the book is available only in paperback. I'd be happy to provide a review copy.

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Nightscape-Dou...
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
Nightscape website: www.nightscapeseries.com

Best,
David W. Edwards