Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > I can't change my cover reveal cover photo to the real cover photo

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ine (new)

Ine | 263 comments I've removed the temporary cover for you, you should be able to upload the new cover through your author dashboard now. Changing cover images is one of the functionalities that's not available to authors, because Goodreads policy is to keep older covers unless it is obviously a temporary image.

message 2: by Louis (new)

Louis Tagliaferri I have a similar problem. I uploaded the wrong cover image for my book Leadership Skills...and I cannot delete the incorrect one. Help would be appreciated. Thanks. Lou Tagliaferri.

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21369 comments I deleted it for you, Lou.

message 4: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Ine wrote: "...unless it is obviously a temporary image. "

There have been cases where the 'obvious temporary image' (complete with watermarks) was actually used on an ARC and was reviewed and blogged and so was kept as a valid and 'proper' cover. Not in this case, but it is worth bearing in mind when you are asked to remove a cover.

message 5: by Ine (new)

Ine | 263 comments Banjomike wrote: "There have been cases where the 'obvious temporary image' (complete with watermarks) was actually used on an ARC and was reviewed and blo..."

Yeah, I oversimplified a bit, because there were no reviews in this case. Always good to keep in mind, though.